Sansa Fuze won't power on.

I just recieved my Sansa Fuze (4GB, Black) in the mail from Amazon, and it won’t power up, or start up. I tried plugging it into my Windows, and it responded by getting really hot, and then giving me an error message, something along the lines of “Windows doesn’t recognize this USB Device.” I’ve gone through all of Sansa’s troubleshooting/knowledgebase tips, and it still won’t work. I, then, tried plugging it into my Linux workspace after many internet sources tol me that the device would work with Linux, but it still didn’t give me anything. I used the “lsusb” command on Linux to no avail, the Fuze doesn’t even show up as working. Any help will be greaty appreciated!

–theorlyowl

@theorlyowl wrote:

I just recieved my Sansa Fuze (4GB, Black) in the mail from Amazon, and it won’t power up, or start up. I tried plugging it into my Windows, and it responded by getting really hot, and then giving me an error message, something along the lines of “Windows doesn’t recognize this USB Device.” I’ve gone through all of Sansa’s troubleshooting/knowledgebase tips, and it still won’t work. I, then, tried plugging it into my Linux workspace after many internet sources tol me that the device would work with Linux, but it still didn’t give me anything. I used the “lsusb” command on Linux to no avail, the Fuze doesn’t even show up as working. Any help will be greaty appreciated!

–theorlyowl

Return it to Amazon or contact Sandisk, Its defective… It getting really hot is the tell all

@conversionbox wrote:

Return it to Amazon or contact Sandisk, Its defective… It getting really hot is the tell all

Yeah, I’ll do that if I get nothing else…

I bought a recertified Sansa e200, and it had the same problem. Am I just getting really lucky?

Message Edited by theorlyowl on 05-09-2009 04:38 PM

Message Edited by theorlyowl on 05-09-2009 04:39 PM

@theorlyowl wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

I bought a recertified Sansa e200, and it had the same problem. Am I just getting really lucky?

Message Edited by theorlyowl on 05-09-2009 04:38 PM

Heat is a bad sign… Either your computer is frying things or you are just unlucky in these cases.

Thanks a bunch, man!

Time to head over to Amazon to see if they’ll refund/replace my product…