Sansa Fuze turns screen off when i do something Please Help!!

Hi there, I have a problem with my Sansa Fuze 4GB, a few days ago, I updated the firmware… after doing this, my Fuze was ok, no problems, but when I updated it, the screen start to turn off… I have tried everything, installing manual the firmware, with the Sansa Updater never connects, it stands on searching forever…

For example if i don’t touch anything all is ok, i can see the screen and all is fine, but when i scroll down or tap a buttom the screen turns off, and a few seconds later turns on again, but if i touch it again… turns it off…

Someone can help? please?

I have the same issue!
Slightly different however in that once it turns on it allows me to play music but if I dare tap sideways on the menu screen it restarts and takes it’s schweet time in doing so. 

Did you happen to find a solution?

Ladyspuds, if I understand the description correctly your problem is not the same.

Are you saying that if you tap the << control it stops and does Refreshing Your Media?

Because if that’s what you mean, you are experiencing some physical wear on the Fuze. As you may notice, the microSD slot is right under the << side of the wheel. It obviously was not the best place to put that slot. When you hit <<, you can slightly dislodge the microSD, which causes the refresh.

The only solution I know is a workaround. When you need <<, click it on the inside rim of the wheel, and gently, rather than pushing hard on the far edge of the wheel. Works for me.

@mjhidalgocr wrote:

Hi there, I have a problem with my Sansa Fuze 4GB, a few days ago, I updated the firmware… after doing this, my Fuze was ok, no problems, but when I updated it, the screen start to turn off… I have tried everything, installing manual the firmware, with the Sansa Updater never connects, it stands on searching forever…

For example if i don’t touch anything all is ok, i can see the screen and all is fine, but when i scroll down or tap a buttom the screen turns off, and a few seconds later turns on again, but if i touch it again… turns it off…

Someone can help? please?

I have the same with sansa fuze 2GB. Before updating firmware - all was fine. After updating - I can’t operate normally because each touch of the wheel takes effect of switching off the screen. It looks that after update I can’t have it both - screen and blue wheel backlight.

Any hints?

If you really think it is firmware related–which seems unlikely since a whole lot of people have that firmware installed without a problem–you could try going back to previous firmware.

You’ll have to do it manually. 

Go to the firmware sticky, and click on the All Regions link for your unit (v1 or v2). Copy the link into your browser. It will end with the number for the current version. (.31, I think).  Put your cursor there, change the last digits to .26, and that’s where SanDisk has the old versions stashed.

You’ll get a zipped file. Unzip it on your desktop and drag-and-drop fuzeA.bin onto the driveletter of your Fuze (where Windows Explorer shows X: Sansa Fuze). Disconnect, and you’ll have the old firmware back.

@Black-Rectangle  thank you for your hints, I did firmware downgrade to 2.02.26 (I couldn’t find older one) but it didn’t help. I even installed Rockbox and when I disabled blue backlight totally from the Rockbox menu - I could use whe wheel without screen blinking. Before disabling backlight I had the same onerous effect under Rockbox.

But if I boot device back from Sandisk firmware, the problem still appears.

My guess is that it’s some hardware problem with the backlight, since it’s showing up in both Rockbock and Sansa firmware. You may just have to use Rockbox and work around it.