Highlighted

Sansa Fuze stuck in "Refreshing your media"

I've been using a Sansa Fuze "forever: listening to audiobooks.   Today when listening to a book, it went into the "Refreshing your media" message.  Ok I figured I'll wait for it., nothing on the progress bar  and it has been like this for over an hour.  I tried coinnecting to the PC  (slide into "hold" mode and pressing rewind when connectign to PC), but nothing;  Screen doesn't change and PC doesn't recognize it. I did have an 8Gb external SD card in it.  I was able to remove it and the audio book I place on there appear to be find (all the while Fuze is still showing the "Refreshing your media: message.

Is there a way to "reboot" the device?  (This is where I usually pull the battery from other devices)

Thanks for any hints,
Ken

Highlighted

Re: Sansa Fuze stuck in "Refreshing your media"

Oh just found that I should ho;d the power button for long time.  That seemed to get it working again

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@kmcaron wrote:

Oh just found that I should ho;d the power button for long time.  That seemed to get it working again

That's how to reset the player. Glad you figured it out.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Hard reset indeed. I think some proccess or program got stucked at some point here. 

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

[ Edited ]

BTW, if you ever find yourself unable to refresh the DB due to a "bad" file (eg. a file that cannot be read due to filesystem corruption, or a file with incompatible metadata tags), you can simply use THIS method to delete the file (or wipe the device).

Tired of the Sansa Media Converter? Try Video4Fuze! It can create smaller videos than SMC, and is WAY more reliable!!!!