Sansa Fuze (refurb 4gb) won't turn on.

I’ve had this Sansa since October 2010, so maybe it’s just old…but this thing’s been through a lot, and it means a lot to me, so I’d rather not give up the ghost just yet if I don’t have to.

It’s been acting funny for a bit. I’ve tried resetting, and it hasn’t done anything.  Recently there have been times where none of the lights will come on, so you don’t know that it’s powered on, but it is, and plays and acts normally otherwise. These times have become more frequent, and it was low on battery today when I plugged it in (and for whatever reason, when I plugged it into the computer at work it would start charging, but then stop, but I’ve found that if I plug it into my laptop I have no issues with charging it–so I half wonder if it didn’t just run out of battery and that’s why it’s acting up), and when I went to use it later I figured the screen just wasn’t working again. 
During the past few days, I’ve found that tapping the device against something sharply without being over the top (say, throwing) usually gets the screen to turn back on.
 Where I’m at now: She plugs in, the computer recognizes it, (but can’t decide how much batter life it has), and I can use it like a flash drive…but the device itself doesn’t turn on. There are no signs of it charging, and when I unplug the device and try listening to something (as you know, unplugging it usually leaves it on), there is no sound. The headphones are fine, and I’ve tried the volume wheel. 
Any thoughts? 

Could be a lose ribbon cable on the screen/buttons/lights. Would explain why knocking it makes the screen come back on. You can open the player and reinsert the cable, but its quite difficult to do. I recommend tweasers and extreme caution when you open it so that you don’t rip the cable out of the socket and ruin it for good. Just a guess though. Doing a firmware update and reformat first wouldn’t be a bad idea since those are safer.

hi my player wont turn on i left it at our house with full battery and playing some music when i came back it is shut off and wont turn on even though im plugging it on it’s charger please help

@iamnorlan17 wrote:

hi my player wont turn on i left it at our house with full battery and playing some music when i came back it is shut off and wont turn on even though im plugging it on it’s charger please help

Most likely it’s not off, but just playing possum. Reset it. Slide the power switch on the side up (as if to turn it on) and hold it there for 20 to 30 seconds. Release it and then see if it will start up normally.