Sansa Fuze problems

Hi! 

About 2 months ago I uploaded a bunch of songs onto my sansa fuze, everything was working fine.  Then, about a month later, all the songs disappeared when I looked at Windows Explorer when the Fuze was plugged in.  However, you can see and hear the songs on the Fuze.  Also, some of the songs altogether disappeared.  When I added new songs, you can see them in both locations.  What are my problems here and how can I fix them?

Thanks!

Settings/System Settings/USB. There are two modes, MSC and MTP. Your computer can only see one at a time.

Auto Detect chooses MTP if you have WIndows Media Player 10 or above on your computer, MSC if not.

Did you switch computers? Did you change modes?

what do you mean by changing modes?  And no I did not switch computers.

Thanks!

Let me try to simplify what he’s asking. Connect the device to your computer. Now, open up “my computer”. What do you see? Do you see a device that says something like “portable device”, or does your Fuze show up as a drive with a letter (ex. drive E:)?

If you have a letter, you are in MSC mode, meaning that your Fuze is emulating a USB flash drive. If you have a portable device, you are in MTP mode, meaning that your computer uses a special kind of mp3 player technology to add/remove/view files.

This is important because files added in one mode cannot be “seen” in another mode. Here’s an example. Let’s say that I copy an album fromt the Black-Eyed Peas to the Fuze. If it copy it in MTP mode, the computer will not be able to access it, unless the device stays in MTP mode. The same goes for MSC mode.

To change modes, go into your settings menu, and look for the usb opions. There should be three options: MTP, MSC, and autodetect. Try changing modes until you find the one that shows your files.

Good luck.