Sansa Fuze issues with 16gb microsd card

I purchased a Sandisk 16gb microsd card for my 8gb Fuze.  The card is causing my Fuze to lockup.  It is not going past the logo screen.  I tried turning it on then adding the card, but it locks up then as well.  I’ve read that the Fuze can handle 16gb cards, but it is not working for me at all.  Before I return the card, I wanted to know if there was something I missed.  I checked for a firmware update, but I have the latest firmware.  I can’t format the card through the player due to the logo screen freezing.  I read in another thread where something similar happened, but the individual’s card worked prior to malfunctioning.  I’m sorry if this has been answered already.  I just didn’t see it.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.  Also, I considered formatting the card on its own through my home computer.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Try formatting the card on the Home PC.  If that works and you place files on the card,  it should work in the fuze.

Hello community, I have the same problem except I’ve put music on my 16gb Micro Sd and the pc sees and plays it. When put in my fuze it still locks-up. ANy help would be GREAT

Flash memory come in different grades (not referring their speed class). Many electronic devices are finicky and will only accept certain type or grade of flash. Like when I got a uSD for me DS, dude guy sez “only Jap flash will do, no Kingston no cheapo stuff.” So yah you can get hardware incompatibility. ■■■■■ I know. Buy from known brand w/ good reviews.

wing2 wrote:

Hello community, I have the same problem except I’ve put music on my 16gb Micro Sd and the pc sees and plays it. When put in my fuze it still locks-up. ANy help would be GREAT

1. What file type is the music in. Is it a supported format? (MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC)
  2. Are the ‘tags’ correct? No strange or foreign characters (especially in the Comments field) and the desired format?

Tapeworm wrote:

wing2 wrote:

1. What file type is the music in. Is it a supported format? (MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC)
  2. Are the ‘tags’ correct? No strange or foreign characters (especially in the Comments field) and the desired format?

I second this approach.  I would try reformatting the card via your PC, then see if the empty card locks up your Fuze.  If not, try copying songs to the card in small batches (or maybe one at a time), and see when/if it locks up.

try formating with this 
http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/
that should help if not, try a different brand or model of card, my fuze HATES some cards i have, like my 4gb kingston cards(4 dif models) 

Thanks for all your help EVERYONE!!! None of these things worked. The card is readable on PC but stills locks my Fuse. Don’t Know what else to do???

Copy the music off your Fuze, take out the card and format the Fuze. I had a problem with it not reading the card, and that’s what finally fixed it.