Sansa Fuze is now Kaput...

I was out running the other night and my Fuze came off of my belt. I was using that pathetic belt clip and of course the Fuze came loose and went flying.

It was a perfect trajectory, perfectly landing on the ground underneath my heel. CRUNCH!!!

It still works (or would do if I could now work out where it was in the menu system. The screen has cracked.

I have a feeling that it would be too expensive to get fixed. But if anyone can tell me otherwise, I’d be willing to listen.

I now have purchased a Clip. It’s so far a great little device. Unfortunately, if too has a pathetic clip system. No doubt, I’ll manage to break that one and only clip attachment in short time.

I miss the ability to easily change the volume like you can with the Fuze, but this is mostly because of the poor positioning of the earphone plug on the Clip. It seems to me that they should have place the Volume control where the On/Off/hold switch is, and vice-versa. It’s also not a V1 (sniff) so I can’t imagine being able to Rockbox it for some considerable time.

:slight_smile:

Man, that stinks! I had a Clip first and I agree, the clip isn’t great when you’re running.

I then purchased a Fuze and I purchased an arm-band kit. It came with an arm band as well as the cover for the fuze. You can either strap that onto the arm band or thread your belt through it. I choose to use the arm-band kit. It works great!

@isamuelson wrote:

Man, that stinks! I had a Clip first and I agree, the clip isn’t great when you’re running.

I then purchased a Fuze and I purchased an arm-band kit. It came with an arm band as well as the cover for the fuze. You can either strap that onto the arm band or thread your belt through it. I choose to use the arm-band kit. It works great!

What’s not great about the clip when you run? I don’t get it.

The armband setup for the Fuze works pretty well, too.

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 06-09-2009 01:46 PM

The Clip’s dedicated volume rocker works very well when you’re “on the run”.  In comparison, the Fuze scroll wheel is a pain to rotate when rock climbing, especially when the fingers are dry. 

Oh, and when you’re “hanging out”, it’s best to select a playlist, as fumbling with the Sansa while rock climbing is a bad idea.

I have found that the difference in controls requires a change in technique, as either device has advantages.  The Clip has the advantage of a two-button rocker for volume, easily located underneath the headphone jack.  When cycling (not in traffic!) locating and operating the volume control is easy.  The Fuze is difficult to use in this regard, as the rotating wheel cannot be easily manipulated while in a jersey pocket.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 06-11-2009 06:29 AM