Sansa Fuze is junk

While I have had nothing but good experiences with Sansa products, I’ve never had any experiences with their customer service however your story has been told coutless times on this forum. In your case, I would have gone back to the store from which it was purchased. I think the bigger stores would have swapped it out over the counter if it was within the warrantee. 

But I’m wondering when consumers are going to revolt. It’s not just Sansa. It is symptomatic of the corporatist mentality. From CEO’s to mid-level managers, corporations reward their people not just by how much profit they made this period, but on how much more they made over the same period last year. They can only increase sales so much, so it’s a business decision where to cut costs. Customer Service Departments are not profit centers so that’s a good place to cut and continue cutting until they are giving the absolute minimum customer service. To them it doesn’t matter as long as the product is generally reliable. They minimize the number of customers they ■■■■ off. I’ve been satisfied with the three products I’ve bought. They’ve lost you, but they won’t have trouble replacing you ten-fold.

Where this mentality really pisses me off is when the product or service is not so easily replaced, like a big screen TV, or Internet Access. 

Message Edited by qualityaudio on 10-14-2009 10:13 AM