Re: Sansa Fuze - insufficient volume after firmware update

Thanks, I've had to do it before but forgot! The volume issue is a bit of a nuisance on this player but, otherwise, it's good.

Pat

Thanks for this info Smiley Happy

Regards, P~K

Perfect!! The problem for me was that when I connected the Sansa to another device the sound would be very very low! I understand EU concerns but I like to be able to choose!

Cheers

TP

neutron_bomb THANKS SO MUCH, that update killed my  volume, i couldnt hear a thing it was so quiet!

[ Edited ]

Joined just so I could say thankyou for this info! Got my Sansa couple of days back and thought it was crazy low (even by my standards!!).

For anyone else who can't be bothered to roll back in the thread:

"System Settings" > "Reset Factory Settings" > "Yes" > Choose your language > Choose "North America"

Done!

Hi!

I've been looking for the perfect MP3-player for a while now, and been readig a whole lot of rewievs. As you know, there are pros and cons no matter which one I choose, but my problem is the EU laws. Do any of you have an idea which MP3-player I should choose? I just want one with enough volume, but I've had a hard time finding out which ones actually has got this.

I hope you can help, thank you Smiley Happy

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

@Sabine wrote:

Hi!

I've been looking for the perfect MP3-player for a while now, and been readig a whole lot of rewievs. As you know, there are pros and cons no matter which one I choose, but my problem is the EU laws. Do any of you have an idea which MP3-player I should choose? I just want one with enough volume, but I've had a hard time finding out which ones actually has got this.

I hope you can help, thank you Smiley Happy

Any of the Sansa line of players (and probably other brands as well) pump out plenty of volume as long as you don't 'tell' it you live in the EU. Just set the Region to something different.

This is merely a bad implementation of sansa, it is not limiting the output but just reducing the total available, I can't use any of my audiobooks after this **bleep** update. My sansa is a useless device now and reset factory setting is not a solution. downloading the previous one is not a solution again, because I and other people who are annoyed with this new update can't have newer update and are forced to use a out of date device.

If you want to stick to EU regulation limit the maximum output volume instead of taking the easy way and reducing the maximum available volume, that is so sick. At least put an option for those who like to use their device.

SanDisk Guru

Oh, grow up. Or read just a few posts above your own. How is "Reset Factory Settings" not a solution when it IS the solution--you just can't use EU settings.

As shown a few posts above yours:

For anyone else who can't be bothered to roll back in the thread:

"System Settings" > "Reset Factory Settings" > "Yes" > Choose your language > Choose "North America"

Or for Region choose Other. 

The EU regulations were not just implemented in the latest update, but have been there in many previous updates, as you can see by the length of this thread. It wasn't SanDisk's choice.  And you can easily get around it.

I have also the same issue and the max volume is so weak how can this possibly be?