Sansa Fuze - insufficient volume after firmware update

i can`t install the updeter . after the installing it gev me a blank erea

sababayakov wrote:
i can`t install the updeter . after the installing it gev me a blank erea

Why would you want to? It’s quicker (and just as easy) to update the firmware manually. Besides, then you won’t have the resorce hog nag-ware on your computer.

Tengo un sansa fuze su serial es bh0810bek-4gb con la version V01.02.31f y he perdido el volumen de fabrica al instalarle este firmware. Lo uso sobre todo porque en el autobus me mareo pero ahora escucho mas a la gente del autobus que al reproductor. Mi pregunta es ¿como puedo recuperar el volumen ? conservando las mejoras de este firmware u otro mas avanzado las cuales si me han gustado pero que un nuevo firmware no me lo reconoce el sansa update ¿Me lo pueden explicar paso a paso?------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a fuze sansa your serial is bh0810bek-4GB with V01.02.31fy version I lost the volume of manufactures to install this firmware. I use it mostly because I get dizzy on the bus but now most people hear the bus to the player. My question is how I can recover the volumes? maintaining the improvements of this firmware which if they liked me a new firmware but I do not recognize the sansa update I can explain it step by step

@jcostal wrote:

Tengo un sansa fuze su serial es bh0810bek-4gb con la version V01.02.31f y he perdido el volumen de fabrica al instalarle este firmware. Lo uso sobre todo porque en el autobus me mareo pero ahora escucho mas a la gente del autobus que al reproductor. Mi pregunta es ¿como puedo recuperar el volumen ? conservando las mejoras de este firmware u otro mas avanzado las cuales si me han gustado pero que un nuevo firmware no me lo reconoce el sansa update ¿Me lo pueden explicar paso a paso?----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a fuze sansa your serial is bh0810bek-4GB with V01.02.31fy version I lost the volume of manufactures to install this firmware. I use it mostly because I get dizzy on the bus but now most people hear the bus to the player. My question is how I can recover the volumes? maintaining the improvements of this firmware which if they liked me a new firmware but I do not recognize the sansa update I can explain it step by step

I hope the following will be translated successfully. (Espero que el siguiente será traducido correctamente.)

1. Turn on your Sansa player. (Encienda su reproductor Sansa.)

2. Go to settings. (Vaya a los ajustes.)

3. Go to system settings. (Vaya a la configuración del sistema.)

4. Select “Reset factory settings”. (Seleccione “Restablecer configuración de fábrica”.)

5. It will ask you to choose your location. Select “Rest of the world”. (Se le pedirá que elija su ubicación. Seleccione “Rest of the world” ( “Resto del mundo” ).)

6. You should be able to change the volume settings to “high” now. (Usted debe ser capaz de cambiar los ajustes de volumen a “high” ( “alto” ) ahora.)

Message Edited by doccolinni on 2010-06-19 04:19 AM

Here’s the problem. After restoring my Fuze back to the “North America” setting or the everywhere else in the world, the volume is still too low. I use my mp3 player mostly in my truck with a cassette adapter, and listen to podcasts. I have to turn the volume on the Fuze almost all the way up as well as the truck radio. I’ve used a Zen V+, a Zen Stone, and even a cheap Coby in this manner. All of them had sufficient volume with plenty to spare. The Fuze just doesn’t have enough volume. With all other things being good about the Fuze, I can’t believe it fails so miserably here. It may be one of the better mp3 player for sound quality, but not if you have to turn it all the way up. In my opinion this thread is not solved.

rabco wrote:
Here’s the problem. After restoring my Fuze back to the “North America” setting or the everywhere else in the world, the volume is still too low. I use my mp3 player mostly in my truck with a cassette adapter, and listen to podcasts. I have to turn the volume on the Fuze almost all the way up as well as the truck radio. I’ve used a Zen V+, a Zen Stone, and even a cheap Coby in this manner. All of them had sufficient volume with plenty to spare. The Fuze just doesn’t have enough volume. With all other things being good about the Fuze, I can’t believe it fails so miserably here. It may be one of the better mp3 player for sound quality, but not if you have to turn it all the way up. In my opinion this thread is not solved.

When running a Fuze or Clip or Clip+ into another radio, like you are doing, for best results,the EQ needs to be on “Normal” and the volume all the way up. It’s always been that way.

rabco wrote:
After restoring my Fuze back to the “North America” setting or the everywhere else in the world, the volume is still too low.

1.) Make sure you have selected the High volume setting, instead of Normal.

2.) If the volume still isn’t sufficient for your needs, consider getting a headphone amp to boost the signal to your truck’s radio. The FiiO E5 is under 20 bucks.

3.) Get a new muffler on the truck.

1.) Already set to High

2.) Don’t want another piece of equipment sliding around on the seat.

3.) Mufflers’s fine. As I said, other mp3 players worked fine with plenty of headroom to spare.

If this device is simply incapable of higher volume levels, I will return it and buy a different one (applying the $20 from suggestion #2).

Thanks for the fix, knew it was something to do with updating it after i got it today, would never have thought of just switching to the rest of the world though to fix it.

Del

Hi,

I just wanted to say thank you for the great advise

greetz

Bram

Thanks, I’ve had to do it before but forgot! The volume issue is a bit of a nuisance on this player but, otherwise, it’s good.

Pat

Thanks for this info :smiley:

Perfect!! The problem for me was that when I connected the Sansa to another device the sound would be very very low! I understand EU concerns but I like to be able to choose!

Cheers

TP

neutron_bomb THANKS SO MUCH, that update killed my  volume, i couldnt hear a thing it was so quiet!

Joined just so I could say thankyou for this info! Got my Sansa couple of days back and thought it was crazy low (even by my standards!!).

For anyone else who can’t be bothered to roll back in the thread:

“System Settings” > “Reset Factory Settings” > “Yes” > Choose your language > Choose “North America”

Done!

Hi!

I’ve been looking for the perfect MP3-player for a while now, and been readig a whole lot of rewievs. As you know, there are pros and cons no matter which one I choose, but my problem is the EU laws. Do any of you have an idea which MP3-player I should choose? I just want one with enough volume, but I’ve had a hard time finding out which ones actually has got this.

I hope you can help, thank you :smiley:

@sabine wrote:

Hi!

I’ve been looking for the perfect MP3-player for a while now, and been readig a whole lot of rewievs. As you know, there are pros and cons no matter which one I choose, but my problem is the EU laws. Do any of you have an idea which MP3-player I should choose? I just want one with enough volume, but I’ve had a hard time finding out which ones actually has got this.

I hope you can help, thank you :smiley:

Any of the Sansa line of players (and probably other brands as well) pump out plenty of volume as long as you don’t ‘tell’ it you live in the EU. Just set the Region to something different.

This is merely a bad implementation of sansa, it is not limiting the output but just reducing the total available, I can’t use any of my audiobooks after this **bleep** update. My sansa is a useless device now and reset factory setting is not a solution. downloading the previous one is not a solution again, because I and other people who are annoyed with this new update can’t have newer update and are forced to use a out of date device.

If you want to stick to EU regulation limit the maximum output volume instead of taking the easy way and reducing the maximum available volume, that is so sick. At least put an option for those who like to use their device.

Oh, grow up. Or read just a few posts above your own. How is “Reset Factory Settings” not a solution when it IS the solution–you just can’t use EU settings.

As shown a few posts above yours:

For anyone else who can’t be bothered to roll back in the thread:

“System Settings” > “Reset Factory Settings” > “Yes” > Choose your language > Choose “North America”

Or for Region choose Other. 

The EU regulations were not just implemented in the latest update, but have been there in many previous updates, as you can see by the length of this thread. It wasn’t SanDisk’s choice.  And you can easily get around it.

I have also the same issue and the max volume is so weak how can this possibly be?