Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Sansa Fuze - insufficient volume after firmware update

After the latest firmware update the volume at its max sounds like a whisper. And from the System Settings the Volume option dissapeared! Thought this setting is set to Normal and should change it to High. But the Volume option does NOT exist anymore. I use the same set of headphones. Any ideas? Can I go back to the previous firmware? or should I get another MP3 player? Every time I update firmware I have all kinds of problems! All the radio presets dissapear as well! But the volume problem is the most annoying... Thank you everybody in advance.
SanDisk Senior User

Re: Sansa Fuze - insufficient volume after firmware update

the max volume change is to comply with the new European Union requirement

click link below to download 01.02.28 to change this back 

http://mp3support.sandisk.com/firmware/fuze/fuze02.02.28.zip

extract files above, then drag the extracted folder into the fuze drive on your computer, unplug it,

and the fuze should do the rest

Thank you for the quick reply. I draged the extracted folder into the fuze drive and unpluged but nothing happened. Expept the <Refreshing your media>...
SanDisk Senior User

try just draging the bin file(in the extracted files) in the root directory on the fuze drive,

but first delete the the folder you just copied to the fuze drive

Thank you very much. Worked! I understand that I should never update the firmware again...
SanDisk Senior User

no problem Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Please, explane me step-by-step, where i must drug bin-file. Because all my attemts are fails.
Message Edited by whiteprince on 01-26-2010 06:16 AM
SanDisk Senior User

[ Edited ]

well first download file and extract file in my first post, then copy the bin file in extracted files  onto the fuze internal memory(my computer,fuze,internal memory)

Message Edited by jrdnkasparek on 01-26-2010 09:53 AM
SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

Why throw out the baby with the bath water?  Leave build .31 on the device, and adjust your regional settings.  Select Reset Factory Settings, choose North America, and your preferred language.  For Europe, all you'll need to do is select "rest of world" for your FM frequency steps.

Note:  You can leave the current build of the firmware installed on the device (current build is .31 or .33 depending upon the revision of your device).  Once you select "yes" to the Reset Factory Settings mask, the device will ask for your desired region.  For EMEA, be sure to go to Settings > Radio Options > Region and select Europe for the EU frequeqncy steps.

Just wanted to save you a lot of hassle!  Your volume option will again be available.

As for the volume, please use good judgement when listening to your music.  Keep that volume at a reasonable level, as your long-term hearing is far more valuable than a little loud music.  If the device is for your children, well, as a Daddy, I know how they are.  Perhaps that limited volume can be valuable for a time.  You can blame it on the EU regulations.

Bob  Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 06-16-2010 06:13 PM
SanDisk User

Interesting. I had just a doubt because when I turned on for first time my new (wow!) Fuze I was requested to choose language (chosen italian, I am italian) and region (chosen rest of the word, I am in rest of the word).

But as I knw that sometimes (as in this case) some function are disabled for laws on that region, I would like to know if "rest of the world" will preclude me some funciton and I should rather use north america....