Sansa Fuze freezing problem

I have a 4 gb Sansa Fuze with the latest firmware, and after about 6 months, it started to have this freezing problem. I’m not sure what happened exactly, but I unplugged it from my PC once, and when it went to “Refreshing Media” it just freezes and doesn’t load. And now, when I plug it into my PC, it freezes on the screen that says “Writing” and freezes whenever I log into my user account. I believe it’s due to a corrupted file from when I had a virus problem however, because when it does connect to my PC, it refuses to let me format it.

Also, I removed the Micro SD, but there were no corrupted files on it when I formatted it.

Try running ChkDsk on those files while on your computer. If it asks if you want to save any bad saectors as files, answer No.

After running ChkDsk, you should be able to format it, clearing and optimizing the memory.

I have just turned on my Sansa Fuze, and it has just frozen, it doesn’t respond to anything, the blue light is on, and the screen is lit, I have pressed basically every button, plugged it into the computer, heck, I have plugged it into the wall plug, Nothing, unresponsive, and even tried the slide on/off switch, the worse thing is, I can’t even take out the battery. Help.

@tinkersue wrote:

I have just turned on my Sansa Fuze, and it has just frozen, it doesn’t respond to anything, the blue light is on, and the screen is lit, I have pressed basically every button, plugged it into the computer, heck, I have plugged it into the wall plug, Nothing, unresponsive, and even tried the slide on/off switch, the worse thing is, I can’t even take out the battery. Help.

Reset it. Slide the spring-loaded power switch on the side to the uppermost position and hold it there for 20-30 seconds. It should shut down at some point, but continue to hold it for the full count.

Release the button. Now it should start up and play normally.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but I was able to get my Fuze working again using my Xbox 360. This is what I did:

1. I connected the Fuze to the USB cable, and then connected it to the 360’s usb port.

2. I went to my Xbox, System Settings, Memory

3. I clicked on USB Storage Device and clicked configure to 360 (at 256 mb)

The Xbox was able to erase all the data, including what ever file seemed to corrupt it, and got it working again. You may want to format it again when using your PC, or install a new firmware, because the device had been configured for Windows use after having the 360 configure it

I have had my player for about 3-4 months and it has frozen several times.  This time, as we speak, it is in “locked” mode so even trying to reset it doesn’t work.   It just looks at me with “slide up to unlock” lit up and the last song in the background and nothing happening - HELP!

Is your switch broken? Because you should be able to slide it up to unlock and hold it up to reset. It only shows lock when the switch is down and clicked into place.

If the little nub is broken off, slide it up with a penpoint and hold it up for 15-20 seconds.

If the switch isn’t working at all,  it’s probably time to get another player.