Re: Sansa Fuze acting strangely

okay, I did the format thing and everything is now gone!  finally!!  I also noticed there is no "albums" folder any longer.  Shouldn't that have come back after reformatting? do I recreate it? I also don't see "internal memory" when looking from Windows explorer. 

I am struggling with how to drag and drop from Windows Media Player.  It used to be that a window opened when I plug the player into the PC that said something about opening it up (say in windows explorer) in order to copy stuff but I cannot get that message window to open.  I tried rebooting and another PC... So, I opened Windows explorer but  I am not able to click and drag anything from WMP Smiley Sad  I can click and start to drag but I get that circle with the diagonal line through it.  Is this because the "internal memory" isn't showing? 

please help when you're able.  thanks much for the help so far!!

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

@Tobyo wrote:

I also noticed there is no "albums" folder any longer.  Shouldn't that have come back after reformatting? do I recreate it? 

No. There should be a Music folder. This is where you would put your files; hopefully under the folder/file hierarchy of Artists (folder), Albums (folder), & Tracks (files). This is the most logical way of organization and how it's done on your computer.

@Tobyo wrote:

I also don't see "internal memory" when looking from Windows explorer. 

You won't if it's in MSC mode. In Windows Explorer you'll see 2 new drives, each with their own letter (like F: & G: ). The 1st one will be the player's internal memory; the 2nd is the card slot. This shows whether you have a card inserted or not.

Only in MTP mode do you see the player's icon and 'internal memory'.

@Tobyo wrote:

I am struggling with how to drag and drop from Windows Media Player.

Don't attempt to drag & drop from WMP. That is used if you want to 'sync' the music over. Use Windows Explorer.

@Tobyo wrote:

So, I opened Windows explorer but  I am not able to click and drag anything from WMP Smiley Sad  I can click and start to drag but I get that circle with the diagonal line through it.  Is this because the "internal memory" isn't showing? 

As I said, you cannot drag & drop anything from WMP. Only use this if you're a mindless idiot and want to turn complete control over to it so it can 'sync' your files. It thinks it knows what you want to do, but it causes more problems than it solves, unless you really know how it works and can manipulate it through its idiosyncrasies.

thank you!!!  really appreciate it!