Re: Sansa Fuze User Manual and General Information

I have not been able to get sound from my MP3 except for the CD's that I've put on there that belong to me.  I've tried everything and it still says "Synchronize to continue your music subscription". I have synchronized every way I know how and nothing has worked.  Someone told me to check my "Sound Card" !  Ok, where's it at ?  I hope you don't think I am stupid, well I guess when it comes to this MP3 and Puters, I am.... I'm about to throw it in the pool in the lower 40 acres !  Please help ! 

Thanks,

LaNell

SanDisk Guru

@LaNell wrote:

I have not been able to get sound from my MP3 except for the CD's that I've put on there that belong to me.  I've tried everything and it still says "Synchronize to continue your music subscription". I have synchronized every way I know how and nothing has worked.  Someone told me to check my "Sound Card" !  Ok, where's it at ?  I hope you don't think I am stupid, well I guess when it comes to this MP3 and Puters, I am.... I'm about to throw it in the pool in the lower 40 acres !  Please help ! 

Thanks,

LaNell

The "Synchronize to continue your music subscription" message can also mean you have attempted to copy DRM-encrypted WMA files to another device. If this is the case, re-rip those .wma files as .mp3's.

And I seriously doubt it has anything to do with your sound card (which is in your computer, btw).

Re: Sansa Fuze General Information

I've got a 2, 4 & 8 gigabyte Clip, an 8 gb Clip+, a 16gb View and an 8 gb Fuze.  I've never unwrapped any of the earbuds.  (The same goes for my Zune, my iPod Classic and my original iPod shuffle from years ago).

My primary earphones are Shure e3c's, and my secondary are Shure the next generation Shure's after that.

Even when I used a Sony stick MP3 player (the Network Walkman) that had imbedded noise cancelling earbuds if you used their earbuds, I tended to use my Shure's.  I also used etymotic's for a time, but I got tired of replacing filters.

Does anyone know it he part number gives a clue to knowing if your ordering a V1 or a V2 Fuze?

Example... I see two part numbers for the Fuze 8Gb Silver.. they are:  SDMX14R-008GS-A70 and SDMX14R-008GS-A57

Just wondering...

THanks

Paul G

my computer says the link for the sansa media converter is broken.  could you give me new one or is this my computer's issue?
SanDisk Guru

claughk wrote:
my computer says the link for the sansa media converter is broken.  could you give me new one or is this my computer's issue?

The only way to dowload the current SMC now is through the Sansa Updater. SanDisk had to change it so they could track downloads.

[ Edited ]
ok...where can i find that?
Message Edited by claughk on 12-14-2009 03:56 PM
SanDisk Guru

Here you go, the Sansa Media Converter.

In a nutshell:

• Download and install the Sansa Updater (for the Converter, it's needed)
  • Plug in your Fuze.
  • The Sansa Updater will pop up.  If it doesn't, open the Updater manually: Start > Programs > SanDisk > Sansa Updater.
  • Let the Updater find your connected device, and it will look for updates.  This may take a minute or so.
  • Check the box for the Sansa Media Converter.  Bingo!
  • When you're done, you can uninstall the Updater (many folks don't like background apps running)...
  • To do this, Start > Programs > SanDisk > Sansa Updater > Uninstall, or you can edit the start menu.

While the updater is active, I recommend downloading a copy of the User Guide.  The Guide will be available from your program menu.

Bob  Smiley Very Happy

SanDisk Guru

neutron_bob wrote:

While the updater is active, I recommend downloading a copy of the User Guide.  The Guide will be available from your program menu.

Bob  Smiley Very Happy

Which is new and improved, and full of good info.

Re: Sansa Fuze General Information

NO BUT CAN YOU HELP US. WE WANT TO RESTART MP3 TO PLAY