Sansa Fuze User Manual and General Information

Well you can stop music playback on the Fuze by watching a video then returning to main menu or starting a recording and then stopping and discarding it. Not very straightforward, but it is possible :D.

melchior.

Sansafix,

Im a bit unclear as to whether the sansafuze has bookamarks or not…I am considering purchasing a Sansa fuze, however I wanted to know if you there are Bookmarks, or a way to resume to the middle of a previous song, after listening to several other songs…

Thanks 

MPEG-2 TS, is also a popular format specially for some camcorder which can’t be supported by common players. The MPEG-2 TS Converter is an excellent TS Converter to convert MPEG-2 TS format files. The TS Converter can convert .ts files to mpeg2, convert .ts to avi, wmv, wma, mpg, convert .ts to mp3, mp4 and other common formats respectivly for iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, PSP and other digital players with perfect quality and fast conversion speed.Video_TS Converter is a TS File Converter which can convert the files in Video_TS folder and extract audio from .ts files. The TS Video File Converter supports converting .m2ts, .mts, .mkv, .flv, .mp4 and other supported files.

@besed83 wrote:

Sansafix,

Im a bit unclear as to whether the sansafuze has bookamarks or not…I am considering purchasing a Sansa fuze, however I wanted to know if you there are Bookmarks, or a way to resume to the middle of a previous song, after listening to several other songs…

Thanks 

I don’t know if you ever got an answer.  The Fuze does NOT have bookmarks (except with video, I’ve heard, although I haven’t tried it).  It has  a “resume” feature which is more a workaround to the lack of bookmarks than a true bookmarking feature.  To implement this workaround, you either have to put your book (or music) into a folder under the Audiobooks folder on the Fuze, or you have to change your genre tag on your book or music to Audiobook before syncing to the Fuze (This latter fix only works if the book or music is not copyright protected to the extent that it disallows you changing genre tags).  If you do one of these things, the Fuze will automatically store your last position in the file, but it won’t give you the option of either storing or not storing a bookmark in the file. 

But the answer is no.  The Fuze in its current implementation doesn’t support bookmarking

I don’t know if the idea is to keep the first post in this thread updated, seeing as it is stickied, but if so the ‘latest firmware’ needs updating with the current two firmwares available.

Message Edited by pelago on 12-11-2008 11:11 PM

A Q

Can I transfer songs/Albums directly from my Fuze to another Fuze/Ipod? And how?

Thanks

Giora Zeevy

@zgiora wrote:

A Q

Can I transfer songs/Albums directly from my Fuze to another Fuze/Ipod? And how?

Thanks

Giora Zeevy

Please start a new thread. :smiley:

And NO, not directly.

you people should stop bringing up sansa’s archenemy in these forums the name is unspeakable   it stars with an i and ends in d

@trekfan42 wrote:

you people should stop bringing up sansa’s archenemy in these forums the name is unspeakable   it stars with an i and ends in d

And there’s POO in the middle! :smileyvery-happy:

Spelled backwards, it’s dopi.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@trekfan42 wrote:

Why?  Are we that insecure?

iPod.  I haz one.

Ipods are better anyway. I go with Fuze still though.

Ipods are better anyway. I go with Fuze still though. There are more varieties and colors and more accessories. Also, the Ipod has better screen resolution and sound quality and features like games and cover flow. There “wheel” is touch as well, not an actual wheel. It also feels less cheap, has a bigger screen, and is slimmer. The Fuze has FM radio (not many people actually listen to the radio or choose to buy the Fuze because of it) and supports microSD. I went with the Fuze since it’s cheaper and I don’t need a lot of space and I don’t intend to watch videos on it anyway.

@shenanagins1091 wrote:
Ipods are better anyway. I go with Fuze still though. There are more varieties and colors and more accessories. Also, the Ipod has better screen resolution and sound quality and features like games and cover flow. There “wheel” is touch as well, not an actual wheel. It also feels less cheap, has a bigger screen, and is slimmer. The Fuze has FM radio (not many people actually listen to the radio or choose to buy the Fuze because of it) and supports microSD. I went with the Fuze since it’s cheaper and I don’t need a lot of space and I don’t intend to watch videos on it anyway.

The iPod most certainly does not have better sound quality than the Fuze and Clip. I found all the accessories that I needed just fine. I found the color I wanted. I have no interest in playing games on something the size of a credit card. Cover flow…couldn’t care less:stuck_out_tongue: Screen resolution…I’ll give you that one :wink:

For the record…I’m not saying all this intending on starting a flamewar…this is intended to be lighthearted banter:smiley:

I don’t like Ipod so I don’t want to sound like I do. With the default headphones, I think the Ipod has better sound quality. I could care less about cover flow or screen resolution since I’m not watching videos anyway. The Ipod has genius mode as well and the shake to change mode and you can change the screen to landscape mode or whatever.

@shenanagins1091 wrote:
I don’t like Ipod so I don’t want to sound like I do. With the default headphones, I think the Ipod has better sound quality. I could care less about cover flow or screen resolution since I’m not watching videos anyway. The Ipod has genius mode as well and the shake to change mode and you can change the screen to landscape mode or whatever.

I would love to see a poll taken of everyone here, to see what percentage actually use the stock earbuds ,and how many have used something else. There aren’t many stock earbuds from any brand that are more than average.

So how about it Sansa people? Let’s see a poll…I used my stock buds for 2 days until I upgraded, when I bought my Fuze…the ones that came with my Clip are still wrapped up. :wink:

I use the stock ones since I don’t know what to get that cost under $15.

@shenanagins1091 wrote:
I use the stock ones since I don’t know what to get that cost under $15.

My KSC75’s were on sale for about $6, I think normally they’re somewhere between 10 and 20.

I don’t really want clip ones. I don’t know if I’d like the in-earbuds either.

@shenanagins1091 wrote:
I don’t really want clip ones. I don’t know if I’d like the in-earbuds either.

The in-ear ones, I can’t wear…regular earbuds don’t stay put for me, they fall out. The clippies, I do have to take them off after awhile, they eventually bug the outer ear. That’s why I can’t wait for the 201’s to get here:smiley: