Sansa Fuze User Manual and General Information

claughk wrote:
my computer says the link for the sansa media converter is broken.  could you give me new one or is this my computer’s issue?

The only way to dowload the current SMC now is through the Sansa Updater. SanDisk had to change it so they could track downloads for royalty payments for the varioue codecs contained within.

claughk wrote:
my computer says the link for the sansa media converter is broken.  could you give me new one or is this my computer’s issue?

The only way to dowload the current SMC now is through the Sansa Updater. SanDisk had to change it so they could track downloads.

ok…where can i find that?

Message Edited by claughk on 12-14-2009 03:56 PM

Here you go, the Sansa Media Converter.

In a nutshell:

• Download and install the Sansa Updater (for the Converter, it’s needed)
  • Plug in your Fuze.
  • The Sansa Updater will pop up.  If it doesn’t, open the Updater manually: Start > Programs > SanDisk > Sansa Updater.
  • Let the Updater find your connected device, and it will look for updates.  This may take a minute or so.
  • Check the box for the Sansa Media Converter.  Bingo!
  • When you’re done, you can uninstall the Updater (many folks don’t like background apps running)…
  • To do this, Start > Programs > SanDisk > Sansa Updater > Uninstall, or you can edit the start menu.

While the updater is active, I recommend downloading a copy of the User Guide.  The Guide will be available from your program menu.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

neutron_bob wrote:

While the updater is active, I recommend downloading a copy of the User Guide.  The Guide will be available from your program menu.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Which is new and improved, and full of good info.

NO BUT CAN YOU HELP US. WE WANT TO RESTART MP3 TO PLAY  

The on-off switch is a slider on the lower right. Hold it up with a fingernail for 5-10 seconds.

Hi,

I am using a Koss Porta Pro to listen to my audiobooks on the Sansa Fuze, but some of the files are rather silent. Is there a headphone in the price category of the Koss Porta Pro available that would playback my poorly transferred files more powerful since I already have the audio setting on high?

Thanks for any hints,

notrabacho

notrabacho wrote:

Hi,

I am using a Koss Porta Pro to listen to my audiobooks on the Sansa Fuze, but some of the files are rather silent. Is there a headphone in the price category of the Koss Porta Pro available that would playback my poorly transferred files more powerful since I already have the audio setting on high?

Thanks for any hints,

notrabacho

I don’t know where you are located, but these work well with my Clip+, for both music and podcasts. $20 at Walmart, cheaper elsewhere if you hunt around.

Hi Marvin_Martian,

notrabacho wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for any hints,

notrabacho

Alternatively, you might try a headphone amplifier. Many people here use and recommend the Fii0 E5 for around $20 US, but personally I was kind of disappointed in it.

Now this one from JDS Labs kicks serious butt! You’d have to be deaf in one ear and not able to hear out of the other for this one not to raise the db level to an acceptable volume. :stuck_out_tongue:

@tapeworm wrote:

Alternatively, you might try a headphone amplifier. Many people here use and recommend the Fii0 E5 for around $20 US, but personally I was kind of disappointed in it.

Now this one from JDS Labs kicks serious butt! You’d have to be deaf in one ear and not able to hear out of the other for this one not to raise the db level to an acceptable volume. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, these headphone amplifiers look quite interesting, and there seems to be enough room inside this decorative tin box to carry some sweets, peppermint or not, that would raise me to any level of comprehension even without headphones. Thank you for the suggestion.

i want to sund back my mp3 is this ok

bio910bmtk-8gm wrote:
i want to sund back my mp3 is this ok

It’s not up to anyone here. This is a User’s Forum. Contact your dealer or Sandisk directly.

I use the Bose earphone’s ear buds are so comfortable you do not realize you are wearing them.The sound is unbelievable.The phones are very expensive.I paid $100 for mine.I also have the Bose over ear headphones.They cost  $145 but they are worth every penny.

I am a new member of the forum and am looking forward to participating with other members.

Thank you and Hello from misterhy.

I’m still having problems downloading a User Manual for my 8gig black sansa Fuze.  I’ve tried to use your suggestion of using a different internet browzer  (about a 1/2 dozen of them with the same results)…  The internet stops working and I get a message about a Node 0 was not found.  It also goes on to say that an add-on might be the reason. Are you sure that http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142 is the correct address for the Fuze manual.  Do you have any othe suggestions I can try.                                       

www.raymond5051@live.com

Here’s where that knowledgebase article links to. Just right-click on it and  Save the .pdf file

http://mp3support.sandisk.com/sansa/UserManual/FUZE/fuze_userguide_en.pdf

@raymond wrote:

I’m still having problems downloading a User Manual for my 8gig black sansa Fuze.  I’ve tried to use your suggestion of using a different internet browzer  (about a 1/2 dozen of them with the same results)…  The internet stops working and I get a message about a Node 0 was not found.  It also goes on to say that an add-on might be the reason. Are you sure that http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142 is the correct address for the Fuze manual.  Do you have any othe suggestions I can try.

The link you procided works perfectly fine for me.

Using Firefox btw.

Is this available in market place today?

@doughlas789 wrote:

Is this available in market place today?

What? The Fuze? This model has been discontinued for some time now, but you can still find new units around, and refurbs aplenty.