Sansa Fuze User Manual and General Information

thanks a lot!

Hello anyone I have the Sansa Fuze.  I had talked with technical support on the phone 3 times and my issue still isnt resloved.  Here’s my problem.:cry: 4gb black.

1.  I have downloaded any video converter and sansa media converter.  When I try to convert videos the error message is sansa media converter.exe.  When I try to drop video it does not convert onto my sansa fuze player. 

1. I have windows vista software, I also download k-lite codec Pack basic.

2. I have also downloaded Direct -x9 hoping this will solve the issue but it has not.

3. I have windows media player 11, when syncing videos in the windows player media it also has error message needs to be converter in order to sync.

Any help will be greatly appericated I had my fuze for 3 weeks now and have not seen a video on it yet except the one that came with the product.

Message Edited by Toniajackson on 02-20-2009 11:25 PM

Tonia -

You really need to start a new thread about this. You posted another in the Sansa Media Converter board which is the correct board for such a discussion, but gave no details regarding your situation.

You have given a few more here, but still not enough for anyone to adequately help you.

Have you read any of the existing threads on this subject, or tried searching for a similiar issue that might help? Have you tried viewing any of the ‘How-To’ videos SanDisk has created to help you, including one on ‘how to put videos onto your player’?

A lot depends on the source video; what format it is, where it came from (like DVD or download), etc. There are a lot of video formats out there and what works with one, won’t necessarily work with another. Most people who have successfully converted videos to use on their players have found that they need to first convert the video with another software program before just dumping it into SMC.

I’d suggest you go back to your post in the other board and continue in that thread and give some details about the video you are trying to convert, what version of SMC you’re using and any other specifics about what exactly you’ve done and the result, if any. Or start a new thread in this board.

I’m sure someone here can help. :smiley:

do Sansa Fuze support AAC format files?

@adisakke wrote:

no

@adisakke wrote:

From the 1st post in this thread:

Digital Player / Recorder

• Digital audio standards: MP3, WMA, Audible, Protected WMA (DRM)

Of course, a recent firmware update opened up the worlds of FLAC & OGG Vorbis, but 7o9 gave you the simple answer.

does the Fuze or any other sansa player read M2 cards?

… i’m getting one for my phone, but am not counting on that working desirably as a music player…

Nope. Different Size & shape.

thanks tapeworm. say, any idea as to why they’d make two different ones that act so similarly but are incompatible? what’s the difference?

There’s a casing (package) difference between the two devices.  The M2 is specific to devices like the SONY family.  The little SanDisk µSD card readers will accept either an M2 chip or µSD card in a unique socket, but the tray of the Sansa is designed for the press-in / press-to-release µSD devices.

This is better for the Sansa, as the µSD card is accessed from outside the device, where the M2 cards are hidden inside, as in with telephones.

µsansa

i’m not sure if i’m getting this. 

i thought that with the sansa media players, the sdhc cards  (are these a type of µSD?) are indeed seated inside the devices. 

you say “the tray of the Sansa is designed for the press-in / press-to-release µSD devices”. the m2 cards press-in / press-release in and out of the phones; how is that different from the micro sd/sdhc cards? 

i got the first two sentences, but after that you lost me. care to explain? 

@bigears wrote:

i’m not sure if i’m getting this. 

i thought that with the sansa media players, the sdhc cards  (are these a type of µSD?) are indeed seated inside the devices. 

you say “the tray of the Sansa is designed for the press-in / press-to-release µSD devices”. the m2 cards press-in / press-release in and out of the phones; how is that different from the micro sd/sdhc cards? 

i got the first two sentences, but after that you lost me. care to explain? 

The sansa players only support “micro” SD or SDHC cards, which are much smaller than a standard SD or SDHC card (micro cards are about 1/4 the size).

The physical casing of M2 cards is different from the micro cards and will not fit properly in any Sansa player. As was mentioned, the M2 cards are usually used by Sony devices.

The Sansa players have a slot on their side to slide a microSD(HC) card into, which also has a self locking mechanism. Other devices, like digital cameras, often have (various) card types that are inserted in a slot that is inside the device somewhere with a cover that closes over the top to hold the card in place.

Anyway, the Sansa players only work with microSD or microSDHC cards. So, there’s no reason to look at (or discuss) any other types of cards much futher here.

Right, and the uSD card is slightly recessed when inserted, it does not stick out at all. Most cases (rubber or hard-case) have an opening and you can swap cards without removing the case (usually).

I have a 2GB Fuze with an 8GB uSD  and a 2GB Express with a 4GB uSD and they are both great

Message Edited by timn on 06-09-2009 06:36 AM

How do i put pics on my fuze!:cry:(   i need details!

How To Videos for Sansa MP3 players

Sansa Media Converter

2) Adding pictures to your Sansa MP3 Player using Sansa Media Converter (Windows XP | Vista)

@trelle101 wrote:
How do i put pics on my fuze!:cry:(   i need details!

How To Videos for Sansa MP3 players

Sansa Media Converter

1. Adding pictures to your Sansa MP3 Player using Sansa Media Converter (Windows XP | Vista)

I have bought a Sansa MP3 player in Miami, USA.

Here in Brazil, I used for only two days and the MP3 doesn´t work anymore.

I plugged in my USB notebook, but it doesn´t charge.

The Vista reconizes Sansa MP3, but I can´t access your files.

It aske me about format MP3. When i click ok, the Vista can´t format Sansa.

What can I do ? Here in Brazil there isn´t Sansa support. Have I lost US$ 70 ??? 

Thanks.

Eduardo.

If you want some headphones that hav good sound with the Fuze, I got these for my 33rd birthday…they’re not cheap, but in comparison to the highest end headphones out there, they’re quite inexpensive…all I know of is where they were bought…Best Buy…

These ones

They work real well in a noisy environment…I take em to work with me in a warehouse, and I literally have to be yelled at to get my attention :D:D:D:D

They’re $50 and from what I’ve heard, they used to be $75+

@odiusg wrote:

If you want some headphones that hav good sound with the Fuze, I got these for my 33rd birthday… <<snipped>>

Thanks for the info, link and/or opinion, but I fail to see exactly what this has to do with the subject/topic of this thread ( Fuze User Manual & General Information ).

Everyone would be better served if this were posted in one of the many head/earphone discussions elsewhere on the board/forum. :wink:

Eduardo–

Go to Settings/System Settings/USB Mode and change it to MSC. Then try connecting. It should be recognized as two disc drives–one for the internal memory, one for the MicroSD slot.