Sansa Fuze - Ubuntu 9.04 - odd folder phenomenon

Telkwa, the Fuze has two options how to work with the files.

I find the MSC/folder browsing option more convenient to work with audiobooks.

If you go to the system settings and find USB settings it will give you an option to chose between MTP and MSC browsing. I assume you are using MTP browsing which heavily relies on tags.  I always use MSC browsing which is mostly folder browsing. I disregard the line saying “audiobooks@” - it is misleading and unreliable. You have to practice and decide for youself which mode is better for you.

To find an audiobook I just click on Music (in MSC mode) - then scroll down to FOLDERS option at the very bottom of the list - chose internal or external memory ( the latter is for the memory card) and you can see the folders with your books or music. I know this path sounds a bit illogical on Fuze, but that’s how they decided to implement folder browsing in this player by hiding it.

There is a little bit which should be taken into consideration. The files and folders uploaded to the Fuze under  MTP option wouldn’t be seen under MSC option and vice versa. So in order to see them you have to erase them under the initial mode used to upload them, then switch to the alternative mode you want to use and reupload the folders. 

I am not sure why Fuze lacks the direct icon to folder browsing but it is the way it is :slight_smile:

Message Edited by Etoja on 10-15-2009 07:15 AM