Sansa Fuze USB problems

I bought A sanza Fuze from my cousins supposedly legit friend. it worked fine for 2 weeks but the other night i wanted to put a song on my sanza. so i plugged it in the USB fro my comp and my comp would not detect it. i tried to connect it 5 more times and still teh same thing happened. i plugged in my flash drive and my comp detected it within seconds. I then tried to connect my sanza into my cousins computer and still no response. i plugged in my flash drive and my psp into his comp to see if the comp would detect that and it did. My sanza would always connect to my pc by me simply attaching it through USB. Idk what went wrong this time. Am i doing something wrong or is this just a faulty machine?

Try switching the USB mode to MSC (not MTP & not Auto-Defect) and see if it will connect this way. MSC mode is easier for the player to connect in.

You can do this by going to SETTINGS > SYSTEM SETTINGS > USB MODE.

Let us know if this works or not. :smiley:

YES IT WORKED!!! THANK U SOOOOO MUCH

Great! I’m glad it worked. Note though, that HOW you intend to use the player will, in some way determine which USB mode you should use.

Content (music, etc.) put onto your player in one mode will not be visible to you on your computer while connected in the other mode! You can see that transferring music in both USB modes could be (and is) very confusing. Your player will see and play everything just fine, but you will have problems in ‘managing’ it.

If you intend to use any DRM-encrypted content, primarily Rhapsody, Napster or similar ‘subscription’ service, or even borrow books on-line from your library (Overdrive) you will need to use MTP mode.

Otherwise, you can drag & drop in MSC mode to your heart’s content and never go down the MTP road. Many don’t (including me).

The only immediate problem is whatever you have already put on your player up to this point, if it was it MTP mode you will now not be able to see it or delete it. If you have any thing that was put on in MTP mode, and you want to permanently switch to MSC, I would suggest formatting your player, which will erase all content and starting over. You have an on-board FORMAT function in SETTINGS that will do this for you. Painless indeed! You just have to go through and put your music back on.

Hi, I read your instructions and tried them out but it’s still not working, can you give me a solution fast?

newbieforsansa wrote:
Hi, I read your instructions and tried them out but it’s still not working, can you give me a solution fast?

What instructions?

What’s not working?

What problem do you have that you need a solution for?

Hi,

I have a problem connecting my sansa fuze to the computer through the usb, I put the usb in the computer but it won’t detect it.

I’ve at least tried 20 times, I have put it set it to auto-detect, and mtp and msc but all of them are useless.

I probably searched and looked through all the solutions and tried them but it still won’t detect!

Please give me a solution, any answers will be appreciated.

Have you tried different USB ports? The ones in the back of a desktop machine generally put out more horsepower than the front convenient ones. Laptops are hit-or-miss.

Yes, I have.

I tried both front and back but it still doesn’t work.

Is my sansa fuze faulty or something?

Please let me know and any other solutions would help.

If you have definitely set it to MSC and you are using Windows, it should be detected. Have you tried it on other computers? 

What is the operating system on your computer? (Windows XP, Vista?) 

Set it to MSC and try again. Forget about MTP for now. 

Three possibilities:

1. Weak computer USB port. (It would work on another computer if that’s the case.) 

2. Bad cord

3. Bad jack on the unit. 

Hi, I am using windows 7.

I have tried it on MTP and MSC however it would not detect.

If there is still no solution should I just get a new one?

It is only a year old.

newbieforsansa wrote:

It is only a year old.

I would first call SanDisk Tech Support. They are trained and get paid to handle problems like this. And is they can’t solve it and your unit is under 1 year old, they can also set you up with an RMA to get the defective unit replaced free of charge for you. :smiley:

newbieforsansa wrote:

It is only a year old.

I would first call SanDisk Tech Support. They are trained and get paid to handle problems like this. And if they can’t solve it and your unit is under 1 year old, they can also set you up with an RMA to get the defective unit replaced free of charge for you. :smiley: