Sansa Fuze Rockbox. Version Question.

Hey guys and gals, I need help desiphering if it is possible to install Rockbox on my particular Sansa Fuze. My version is listed in my info as: V01.02.28a

It is an old Sansa, but I have updated it pretty regularly. I was told by countless FAQ’s that the Sansa fuze V2 is incompatable with Rockbox; and if I would try to implement it on the improper version, I would brick my machine. But as the version says, it is version 01.So I ask someone here that has more experience with this sort of thing to help me out.

Thanks.

BigBootyHoes wrote:

Hey guys and gals, I need help desiphering if it is possible to install Rockbox on my particular Sansa Fuze. My version is listed in my info as: V01.02.28a

It is an old Sansa, but I have updated it pretty regularly. I was told by countless FAQ’s that the Sansa fuze V2 is incompatable with Rockbox; and if I would try to implement it on the improper version, I would brick my machine. But as the version says, it is version 01.So I ask someone here that has more experience with this sort of thing to help me out.

Thanks.

Yes, it is possible.

Yes, it is possible to install Rockbox on your v1.

Also, it is not possible to brick a v2 when attempting to get Rockbox on it. Rockbox will simply not patch a v2 firmware.

I have got a Fuze fairly recently, Upgraded the firmware twice. Now, I’m on 01.02.31.

Would like to know what Rockbox is, what are the advantages/disadvantages of installing it on my Fuze and finally, how to do it, please.

mnong wrote:

I have got a Fuze fairly recently, Upgraded the firmware twice. Now, I’m on 01.02.31.

Would like to know what Rockbox is, what are the advantages/disadvantages of installing it on my Fuze and finally, how to do it, please.

Rockbox