Sansa Fuze MP3 Will No Longer Sync & Drag From Windows Media Player

My wife’s  Sansa Fuze MP3 will no longer accept Sync & Drag from windows media player. I am running windows 7 Home Premium,   Version 6.1,[build 7601. service pack1] on my system. This is a new problem, as for the last year and a half, everything has been running well.

Your assistance and advice is greatly appreciated.  My wife can no longer add additional cd music on her MP3 at this time.

Thank you!

Go to Settings/System Settings/USB Mode and make sure it is MTP. If that setting got changed, WMPlayer is not finding the Fuze.

If it was already on MTP, you may have a mechanical problem with the cord. You can get replacements on Amazon or from cell-phone accessory sellers. DO NOT GET AN IPOD CORD, WHICH WILL DESTROY THE FUZE.  You want the sync cable made for the Sansa Fuze (or E200 series).

Perhaps you should consider posting more information about what happens when she tries to sync the music. Does Windows Media Player give you some sort of error message? Can you even see the device in My Computer? The key to getting problem-solving information from people is to let them know as much about the problem as possible. Otherwise, all anyone can do is make blind guesses as to what is causing the problem.

That said, I might consider waiting a while before buying a new cord, as that may not be the source of the problem (then again, Black-Rectangle isn’t called a “guru” for nothing.

Perhaps you should consider posting more information about what happens when she tries to sync the music. Does Windows Media Player give you some sort of error message? Can you even see the device in My Computer? The key to getting problem-solving information from people is to let them know as much about the problem as possible. Otherwise, all anyone can do is make blind guesses as to what is causing the problem.

That said, I might consider waiting a while before buying a new cord, as that may not be the source of the problem (then again, Black-Rectangle isn’t called a “guru” for nothing).

I’m having the same problem. I actually have 2 Fuzes, one is not giving me any issues at all, it syncs just fine, but the second one will NOT sync. It gives me this error message in Windows Media Player:

Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct.

For that matter, it seems to have a different set of software built-in, and opens its own program under Devices & Printers from Control Panel, which also gives me a place to sync, but it will not sync there either.

I also can’t copy/paste from from one folder to the other (that was my backup plan)

@malibu37 wrote:

I’m having the same problem. I actually have 2 Fuzes, one is not giving me any issues at all, it syncs just fine, but the second one will NOT sync. It gives me this error message in Windows Media Player:

Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct.

For that matter, it seems to have a different set of software built-in, and opens its own program under Devices & Printers from Control Panel, which also gives me a place to sync, but it will not sync there either.

I also can’t copy/paste from from one folder to the other (that was my backup plan)

Sounds like one of your players is set to MTP (or Auto) and the other one is set to MSC mode. Whatever the one is set to that is working correctly, set the other one to the same (Settings > System Settings > USB Mode).

I can’t see what the broken one is set to, since I can’t scroll throug the menu. If I recall, it was set to auto.

I’ve tried all 3 options on the new one to no avail.

“My wife can no longer add additional cd music on her MP3 at this time.”

Have you tried writing the files to a micro SDHC card in a usb card reader, then inserting the card in the player?

So I have figured out that the problem with the new player is that it doesn’t acknowledge it’s own USB slot. I just synced music to the player itself without a problem.

Synced music the the usb card using the broken player - works fine, but when I take the card to the new player it tells me there’s nothing on the card.

Basically, the new player is straight-up pretending there’s no usb storage. What a jerk it is.

If it’s actually new–less than a year old–it’s under warranty. Call 1-866-SANDISK and get it replaced.