Sansa Fuze Firmware Update

@namiswan wrote:

Do not hesitate to contact us for any further concern.

Best regards,
Florin I.
SanDisk Technical Support

And here another one:

You will be noticed when as soon as we will have news.

So cross fingers !!!

and btw, maybe the function iself meke sound distortion to, lets wait for responce from v1 users.

@namiswan "You will be noticed… " and punished. :)  Btw, is it a correct English “you will be noticed”? I would think “notified” is more appropriate.

@namiswan wrote:
They didnt say if the bug apply to v1 btw, so maybe v1 users too have that bugs?

It’s hard to say what is going on. I would downgrade if I had a V1 just in case, so I provided a link to that as well.

@ssorgatem wrote:

@dunny wrote:

Country code. 

If you have a “A”, it’s America. F is france, iirc. Mine is T for Test - has an extra diagnostic menu which includes a really freaky microphone test function :slight_smile:

D.

How did you get that? I want too! xD Perhaps changing the “Region” string in the file version.sdk? I’ve to try it :slight_smile:

BTW, my fuze reports F, but version.sdk says “Americas” and internally it’s set to Europe/Spanish. Maybe the “F” means Europe?

Message Edited by ssorgatem on 10-13-2009 02:15 PM

Basically, just do a manual firmware update - then extract the .bin file from the zip. I found a file called “fuzpA.bin”. I renamed that to “fuzpT.bin” and then copied to the root of the my fuze’s internal storage. Once installed, head to the settings menu and have a bash at the Diagnostics item. Once running, move through it using the “down” button.

Aside - anyone found a reliable method of getting rid of the slotradio icon? I gather some managed by changing their region, but I have no idea how to do it.

D.
Message Edited by Dunny on 10-15-2009 06:06 PM

My MediaMonkey ratings were not transferred to the device.  I thought that the ratings bug was fixed!

@dunny wrote:

Aside - anyone found a reliable method of getting rid of the slotradio icon? I gather some managed by changing their region, but I have no idea how to do it.

Go into Settings -> System Settings -> Reset Factory Settings. Once you perform the reset you’ll be presented with a list of regions to select from. Select anything other than America. If you use the radio functionality you’ll probably want to change Settings -> Radio Options -> FM Region to your proper region.

This worked on my V2 before I reverted back to the 02.02.26 firmware.

Message Edited by arg on 10-15-2009 01:14 PM

I get my ratings transferred from MediaMonkey by using the Fuze in MTP mode and doing automatic sync.  Beware that syncing back will round half-star ratings to a full star in MM.

No love on the SD card, though, no matter what I tried.

@totient wrote:

I get my ratings transferred from MediaMonkey by using the Fuze in MTP mode and doing automatic sync.  Beware that syncing back will round half-star ratings to a full star in MM.

No love on the SD card, though, no matter what I tried.

You can sync *back* from fuze to MM? I could never get that to work, even in MTP mode. Can you confirm that you can:

Step 1. Sync ratings from MM to Fuze

Step 2. Change ratings on the Fuze

Step 3. Sync changed ratings from Fuze back to MM

This also works on my V1. Thanks!

Also - it seems the graphic glitch from the last release has been fixed.  When the display was lit (e.g. from adjusting volume) and the artist/title/album info was scrolling, whenever it changed lines (from title to album, for instance) a small line of corrupt pixels appeared on the album image.  Kinda freaky how it did it with Warren Zevon’s “Excitable Boy”…it looked like a cigarette magically appeared in his mouth.

fuzeduo wrote: 

You can sync *back* from fuze to MM? I could never get that to work, even in MTP mode. Can you confirm that you can:

Step 1. Sync ratings from MM to Fuze

Step 2. Change ratings on the Fuze

Step 3. Sync changed ratings from Fuze back to MM

Affirmative.  This is with Rev 1 8GB Fuze, Vista Home Premium, MediaMonkey Gold 3.1.0.1256, MTP mode, auto-sync.

Sync config:

Auto-Sync Options:

only “Delete tracks that aren’t on the Auto-Sync list from the device” checked.  Sync from device to pc greyed out.

Auto-Conversion: Any Incompatible to MP3

Device Configuration:

Sync tracks to “\Music\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Title>”

Copy playlists checked (options: only Library playlists, destination \Playlists)

Use only the first genre… checked.

That’s it.

Any news about the fix for new fw?

@namiswan wrote:

With _ this _ firmware update having only been released 9 days ago?

Hardly. Check back in about 3 months.

With the current update, fixing the video issue and its integrated resume feature was a big change. 

As for the SlotRadio update, I like the red icon.  I was surprised at the ruffled feathers, but I like SlotRadio and SlotMusic.  That scroll wheel blazes past it fast enough too.

Know what I’ve found?  There is a glitch with the SR icon: Insert a Slot Music card, and you will lose the SR icon, but there is no SlotMusic icon in the rolling icon list!  All we have is an open space with SlotMusic listed to the right.  Got to fix that.  As I endeavor to break everything I can (that’s my thing with the Sansa, you see), If I plink the SM card out while the GUI is active, the red SR icon appears immediately, without a database refresh.

I want a Sansa Lil’ Monsta icon in the GUI for Settings.

On the new Clip+ , if you look closely at the SR icon, it changes to “SM” automatically, dropping the SlotRadio option from the menu.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@tapeworm wrote:

@namiswan wrote:

With _ this _ firmware update having only been released 9 days ago?

Hardly. Check back in about 3 months.

Um, when the new firmware makes a feature unusable (replay gain), I would expect a fix little sooner. Maybe a quick patch or something. This isn’t just a bug that’s a little annoying. There’s an entire feature I can’t access with the current firmware.

Completely agree with lostinsound. The amount of days that a firmware has been released is irrelevant when it renders features useless.

I think the appropriate answer should have been to downgrade to the previous firmware and wait for a fix or a new working firmware.

i imagine this will be sansa’s response if any rather than a speedily released patched firmware.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&message.id=34183&query.id=52518#M34183

Thanks for the tip about removing the SR icon.

I, for one, am a bit tired of getting beaten over the head about SlotRadio.

My first Fuze blew up. I debated for at least a month about replacing it because I think it is missing a few things I’d really like. Wound up getting a refurb through Ebay for $35 (4gb). Got a V1 to boot.

I run the Sansa updater: “new version of the updater available”. I download it. New update appears to be that it has an ad for Slot Radio.

Stop it already! lol I have zero interest in that product. Mm’ kay? Was on a flight recently and they are selling it through Skymall now, too.

I have heard every argument for Slot Radio… I still do not see a need for it at all.

FEATURE REQUEST: Let me remove the icons I do not use like SR, PHOTOS and VIDEOS.

Message Edited by Peregrine on 10-20-2009 11:32 AM

My Fuze locked up this afternoon (no display, blue ring).  I reset it. Plugged it in for the first time this month, got the ‘update available’.  I had technical support in a chat window…I was advised to complete the update.

??

Two minutes after the update was completed, I found the gain lockup ‘feature’. 

Great.  So now I’m going back to .026A.

Why did tech support tell me to update when they KNOW it doesn’t work? 

…and why is .028A even available?  They should’ve axed it off their updater as soon as they were advised it had a problem.

Wouldn’t that be ‘Sansable’?

Message Edited by canyncarvr on 10-20-2009 06:56 PM

@canyncarvr wrote:

My Fuze locked up this afternoon (no display, blue ring).  I reset it. Plugged it in for the first time this month, got the ‘update available’.  I had technical support in a chat window…I was advised to complete the update.

??

Two minutes after the update was completed, I found the gain lockup ‘feature’. 

Great.  So now I’m going back to .026A.

Why did tech support tell me to update when they KNOW it doesn’t work? 

…and why is .028A even available?  They should’ve axed it off their updater as soon as they were advised it had a problem.

Wouldn’t that be ‘Sansable’?

Message Edited by canyncarvr on 10-20-2009 06:56 PM

They should also ax the Updater itself :dizzy_face:

Yes.  They should ax the updater.  If it doesn’t allow you to backdate your just installed brandy new update…what’s the point?

I’ve been trying to get back to .026A for 1/2 an hour.  My Fuze is in MSC…I downloaded, extracted the .bin file.  I put it on the root of the Fuze.  Disconnected it…no firmware update.

What am I missing?  I presume the ‘root’ does mean the bottom of the Fuze directory tree?  Or…something else?

What a way to waste an evening.  Well…if ‘waste’ was the plan, it is indeed an EXCELLENT way to go about it.

Thanks SanDisk!