Sansa Fuze Firmware Update

Seems like they didn’t include a fix for the voice recording “ghost files” that are left when recordings are deleted using the computer.  There’s a work around, but I’m disappointed they didn’t fix it in this update.  Using the fuze to delete those files can be very inconvenient when there are muliple recordings.

Music playback stutters when scrolling through long artist/album/song lists. Didn’t happen with previous firmware.

You can just set the region for the player to Europe, the go to radio options and change the region to USA. This will change the radio to the US system but get rid of the slotradio ad.

I am now very satisfied with the Fuze!

What’s wrong with it? Nothing! I’m just extremely glad that stupid video problem was finally fixed. Now I have found absolutely nothing wrong with it. The only thing I don’t like is not the slotRadio icon, but the fact that the message that comes up stays up for like 5 seconds, and you can do nothing about it. That is all. Great update! 

@slotmonsta wrote:

Enhancements:

• slotRadio experience is enhanced

Coffee, meet keyboard. I’m sure you’ll be happy together.

Seriously, that’s it? After all this time, this is the best they could do? This has got to be the biggest two-finger salute to their customers I’ve yet seen. We get an advert for a pointless music service as an update to the firmware. 

Oh yes, they went all out to fix a video bug on a music player (which has a 1.9" screen) too. Way to go guys. You lazy sods.

Major fail.

D.

Message Edited by Dunny on 10-12-2009 12:41 AM

@dunny wrote:

@slotmonsta wrote:

Enhancements:

• slotRadio experience is enhanced

Coffee, meet keyboard. I’m sure you’ll be happy together.

Seriously, that’s it? After all this time, this is the best they could do? This has got to be the biggest two-finger salute to their customers I’ve yet seen. We get an advert for a pointless music service as an update to the firmware. 

Oh yes, they went all out to fix a video bug on a music player (which has a 1.9" screen) too. Way to go guys. You lazy sods.

Major fail.

D.

You might not appreciate the fix, but the video bug was a major annoyance to many users.

I swear, am I the only one that likes this firmware update? So they put an extra icon on the main menu. Big whoop! Don’t press it and you’ll be okay.

By the way, what is this enhancement of slotRadio? I don’t have a slotRadio card, so I can’t find out. 

gwk1967 wrote:  You might not appreciate the fix, but the video bug was a major annoyance to many users.

So you’re happy that the firmware came out with all the new features and bug fixes that it gained? Wasn’t hoping for anything more than what we got?

D.

Well, one thing I’m happy about, is the fact that it is stable. Sure I wouldn’t mind having a custom background, and I was almost hoping for gapless playback, but oh, well. They fixed the bugs and now there are only two known issues, not somewhere around six, and they’re not major issues. I will go for a more stable Fuze than to have more features, and have it unstable, like the last firmware. If I could have more features with stability, then yes, go for it. But it’s stable now, so I’m happy with it until (if) there is another firmware, which will be hopefully just as stable.

The video bug was something that had to be fixed.  It caused the player to hang.  No matter what the size of the screen is.  IMO the fuze does a good job of displaying video.

For those of us who happen to like slotradio, it’s a good addition.

Unfortunately, it didn’t include everything that others had hope for.

Look, just be happy of it’s newfound stability! For a while, I have not really had the sense of stability with this thing. It was glitchy, and fairly annoying. I’d rather have a stable mp3 player than to have a lot of features and have it be unstable, like the last firmware. I’m really standing up for Sandisk now because instead of features for this firmware, they fixed most, if not all the bugs and glitches. And what’s so bad about the slotRadio icon? It’s not an ad… well, not really.

Thank you, Sandisk. 

Message Edited by saxmaster765 on 10-11-2009 06:10 PM

The video “hang on shutdown” was easily bypassed with a single click.  I missed the video resume feature that was omitted in the .26 revision.  This has been repaired with the latest build.

Unless you’ve spent some time working with the Slot Radio player, I understand where many mixed emotions may be coming from.  Once you try the device, and get a feel for it, the SlotRadio “experience” is a lot of fun.  It’s a welcome addition to the Fuze.

It you’ve tried Pandora or Yahoo streaming music, it’s similar.  You have something constantly new, without cluttering your favorites in memory.  Additionally, you can swap back to a favorite microSD card at will.  I like the SR machine, as it’s built like a tank like the e200.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Should start my first post by saying I love my Fuze and have been very happy with it since I bought it. As far as the update, I appreciate that you fixed the replay gain bug so it handles replay gains beginning with a ‘+’ sign properly (which strangly isn’t mentioned in your list of bug fixes). But as others have mentioned, when I select Replay Gain in the music options, either the screen goes white and it reboots, or it just freezes up. I have V2 of the firmware. Hope this can get fixed soon.

Whilst I appreciate the device is still receiving firmware updates which is always welcome, I can’t help but feel underwhelmed with this update. I was really hoping for gapless, I guess it’s time to look into Rockbox then…

A really horrible firmware update that seems to affect version 2 owners.

After replay gain problems, the device just froze at the welcome logo screen. Would not connect to the PC and was not responsive at all. :angry:

Forced a MSC connection to PC and downgraded the firmware to 02.02.26. All problems magically went away and I got my beloved Fuze back. :smileyvery-happy:

Will leave a good thing alone.

I can confirm Replay Gain issues on my V2 with the new firmware.

After the upgrade, going to Settings -> Music Options -> Replay Gain caused a white screen lock… I’ve never had one before under any condition. Upon further investigation, I found that I could access the menu while playing music, but the Pre-Gain was blank and only contained a visible value for 0.0 dB… the other 7 values show up blank.

I have Replay Gain information added to most of my music, and it seems like Replay Gain is constantly active regardless of the setting. I haven’t ABX’d it yet (I’m definitely aware of the placebo effect), but I have played albums mastered loud vs. dynamic, and there appears to be no volume discrepancy between them with this firmware.

I can confirm the replay gain bug as well with v2 (when the mode/pre-gain setting is selected, the devices freezes; I didn’t get a white screen, though, the sanza just froze).  Good to hear the replay gain bug involving gain values with a “+” was fixed (I use winamp to calculate replay gain values), though I didn’t test when I was testing 02.02.28A.  I reverted to 02.02.26A for now.  Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

After updating my firmware to 01.01.28F, the radio reception  seems much better. Was there a fix done on the radio?

I have a v2 fuze, and I can change ReplayGain mode without issues, but I can’t set pregain values (I can only choose between “” [nothing] and 0.00 dB)

I haven’ had any player’s lock-up or freeze like with previous firmware. This bugfix update was really needed.

So if turn off the replay gain, it will be fine?, sandisk should fix it, if it do that problems?