Sansa Fuze Firmware Update version 01.01.22 & 02.01.17

Follow the instructions below to verify the hardware revision of your Fuze before proceeding. 

• Turn on your Fuze
• Select Settings from the main menu
• Select System Settings
• Select Info 
• Verify the Version #

Revision 1 = 1.XX.XX (example: 1.01.15)
Revision 2 = 2.XX.XX (example: 2.01.16)

If your Sansa Fuze is a Revision 1 please proceed to the Revision 1 download and installation instructions.

If your Sansa Fuze is a Revision 2 please proceed to the Revision 2 download and installation instructions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me start off by saying that majority of people will be able to update his/her firmware through the Sansa Firmware Updater. There is even a how-to video that explains the process. If for any reason the aforementioned steps do not work for you, then please feel free to continue by trying the more "computer savy" steps, described below.

SanDisk has just released the 01.01.22 and 02.01.17 firmware revisions for the Sansa Fuze. Download links and the release notes are available below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows Users can Connect the device in any Mode and follow the instructions below.

Mac and Linux users can connect their Fuze in MSC or Auto Detect mode and follow the instructions below.

MSC mode instructions:

• Turn on the Fuze
  • Navigate to "Settings" on the menu of the device itself 
  • Next select "System Settings"
  • Next, navigate to "USB Mode" and select "MSC"

Sansa Fuze Firmware 01.01.22 download and installation instructions

For Sansa Firmware Updater - Click here to download 
All Regions - Click here to download

All languages are now in one firmware version. After firmware update you will need to select your Language and Region preference.

• Ensure your battery is > 50% full.
• Extract the .zip file into a folder on your computer.
• Once extracted, drag the file to the root directory of your Sansa Fuze.
• Disconnect the Sansa Fuze and let it begin the firmware update.
• Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off.
• Turn the Fuze on Select your language and region preference
• Once its back to the main menu, head to "Settings" > "System Settings" > "Info", and verify the "Version" is now 01.01.22"x".

Sansa Fuze Firmware 02.01.17 download and installation instructions

For Sansa Firmware Updater - Click here to download 
All Regions - Click here to download

All languages are now in one firmware version. After firmware update you will need to select your Language and Region preference.

• Ensure your battery is > 50% full.
• Extract the .zip file into a folder on your computer.
• Once extracted, drag the file to the root directory of your Sansa Fuze.
• Disconnect the Sansa Fuze and let it begin the firmware update.
• Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off.
• Turn the Fuze on Select your language and region preference
• Once its back to the main menu, head to "Settings" > "System Settings" > "Info", and verify the "Version" is now 02.01.17"x".

Sansa Fuze Firmware 01.01.22 and 02.01.17 Release Notes

This firmware has several new feature updates as well as many key enhancements and bug fixes, as listed below. Upon completion of the firmware upgrade, the device will turn off.  Power on the device to complete the upgrade process.  If the device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 10 seconds to reset the device and then release and press again to restart.

New features
• Sleep Timer – accessed via Settings > System Settings > Sleep

Enhancements
• Accelerating Scroll wheel speed during navigation
• File cursor position saved for last played file of each Audiobook
• GoList expanded to 200 tracks
• Add entire Artist or Album to GoList with press and hold during navigation
• Support Disc Number ID3 Tags for Sorting Multi Disc collections

Bugs Fixed  
• Play Previous disappears after power cycle
• Podcast sort order inverted
• Sometimes Fuze does not respond to Power Off switch
• Unexpected refresh database
• Files placed in Podcasts or Audiobooks folder on external card will not show up in device’s user interface
• Standard line out level is not used in Dock mode
• Device hangs on PC connection with Photo slideshow paused
• Incorrect translations in German language
• Album art does not show up after transferring using Napster application
• Cannot transfer Audible files to external card. Audible manager freezes upon selecting external card to transfer.
• Backlight setting of 5 seconds causes device to hang upon going into backlight saving mode
• MP3 128kbps VBR and CBR files skipping / popping during playback with backlight off
• Certain MP3 128kbps 44KHz CBR files play very slow
• Other miscellaneous fixes

Known Issues
• It takes a long time (2+ min) to delete song if device has lots of content
• There is a pause (less than 1 second) when selecting “Play All” – transition not smooth
• Rating info is lost following database refresh on songs loaded in microSD
• With Rhapsody channels content, press and hold to add Artist to GoList may not work.  Work around is navigate to Album level to add entire albums from one Artist

Message Edited by slotmonsta on 12-12-2008 11:25 AM

Message Edited by slotmonsta on 04-08-2009 03:45 PM

Great!:smileyvery-happy:

What’s Rev.2 all about? I just installed .15 the other night.

Thanks!

I sucessfully  updated to the new firmware.  Love the new features.

The file resume bug I reported still reproduces - after 10 or so power cycles, the resume point is reset to the beginning of the file.  This is a major problem for me.  If there is anything I can do to help with reproducing this bug, please let me know.

Link to the report: http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=8864

@vice86 wrote:

Re-read the post, especially the first section. There are 2 different hardware versions now. If you just installed the .15 version the other night, you have Rev. 1 and your new update would be 01.01.22.

@tapeworm wrote:

@vice86 wrote:

Re-read the post, especially the first section. There are 2 different hardware versions now. If you just installed the .15 version the other night, you have Rev. 1 and your new update would be 01.01.22.

I think he means that he never heard of another hardware version.

@sloth wrote:

Thanks!

The file resume bug I reported still reproduces - after 10 or so power cycles, the resume point is reset to the beginning of the file.  This is a major problem for me.  If there is anything I can do to help with reproducing this bug, please let me know.

Link to the report: http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=8864

when in real world use will you ever be power cycling the fuze 10 times before listening to a file?

@zesee wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

@vice86 wrote:

I think he means that he never heard of another hardware version.

never heard of it probably because it is new. i have seen 1 other post about the new version. both seem to identical though since they have the same release notes.

@drlucky wrote:

@sloth wrote:

Thanks!

when in real world use will you ever be power cycling the fuze 10 times before listening to a file?

I’m listening to an audio book.  I’m power cycling much more than 10 times while listening to the same ‘song’.

Question. I see it now said All languages are now in one firmware version… It also said that you can pick your region when running the updater…  Does this mean you now need to install and use the firmware updater? Can I do a manual install and not use the updater as before? If so how do I pick my region with out the updater…I’m looking at  01.01.22 version and my region was “a” in the older firmware updates…  Thanks… George

After the firmware is loaded,  when the device boots the first time you will get a prompt to select your region.

Is there more id3 information such as year, file type, bitrate, and etc.?

That feature is in development for a future release.

Thankyou for the update.  The faster scroll is a great improvement.

I would like to bring up my only ask at this point…please increase the track limit so that I can use the full capacity of the Fuze which is why I purchased it and a uSD card several months ago.

I believe that several of your posts indicated that the limit increase was to be included in this release.

SansaFix,

Thank you for the reply!Let’s see if I got this right.  So unzip file drag and drop to the root directory unplug when it’s done boot up then pick Region. Thanks George

The new firmware sounds great! I like how you reworked the GO LIST and added a SLEEP TIMER…  Lots of other features and fixes too!! Thanks again! 

@avalon wrote:

I would like to bring up my only ask at this point…please increase the track limit so that I can use the full capacity of the Fuze which is why I purchased it and a uSD card several months ago.

I believe that several of your posts indicated that the limit increase was to be included in this release.

He said it was to be increased, but never said it was going to be in this release. Quite the contrary, he said it was a major undertaking and would NOT be included in this version.

Here’s his latest word on the subject from yesterday (12/11/08):

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&message.id=9307#M9307

@sansafix wrote:
That feature is in development for a future release.

Thanks for letting us know :wink:. At the end of my my firmware after updating, it has the letter A. What does that mean?

In MSC mode, on the internal memory, the AUDIOBOOK and PODCASTS directories are in the root directory.  With the firmware released today, audiobooks and podcasts are reportedly supported on the expansion card.  But I notice that the firmware has created AUDIOBOOK and PODCASTS directories inside the Music directory on the expansion card instead of in the root, as the internal memory is organized.

I don’t know if there is any significance to this but I thought it odd.

Guy

Check I think it is not Music but MSC.  This is the collection spot for content found from MSC mode.

If you use MSC mode,  you will see the Podcast and Audiobook folders at the root.

@guyscharf wrote:

In MSC mode, on the internal memory, the AUDIOBOOK and PODCASTS directories are in the root directory.  With the firmware released today, audiobooks and podcasts are reportedly supported on the expansion card.  But I notice that the firmware has created AUDIOBOOK and PODCASTS directories inside the Music directory on the expansion card instead of in the root, as the internal memory is organized.

I don’t know if there is any significance to this but I thought it odd.

Guy

I have found the same thing on my Fuze…although I’ll probably just delete them since I use my Clip for podcasts. Thanks for the sleep timer SansaFix, btw.:smiley: