Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Sansa Fuze Firmware Update

After the firmware is loaded,  when the device boots the first time you will get a prompt to select your region.
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Is there more id3 information such as year, file type, bitrate, and etc.?

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

That feature is in development for a future release.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Thankyou for the update.  The faster scroll is a great improvement.

I would like to bring up my only ask at this point......please increase the track limit so that I can use the full capacity of the Fuze which is why I purchased it and a uSD card several months ago.

I believe that several of your posts indicated that the limit increase was to be included in this release.

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

SansaFix,

Thank you for the reply!Let's see if I got this right.  So unzip file drag and drop to the root directory unplug when it's done boot up then pick Region. Thanks George

The new firmware sounds great! I like how you reworked the GO LIST and added a SLEEP TIMER..  Lots of other features and fixes too!! Thanks again! 

*His* 8GB Silver Fuze v01.02.31A also 8GB MicroSDHC card installed *Hers* 4GB red Fuze with 16GB micro SDHC card! Firmware v01.02.31A still installed. Acquired another 8GB Fuze also with firmware v01.02.31A now..
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@Avalon wrote:

I would like to bring up my only ask at this point......please increase the track limit so that I can use the full capacity of the Fuze which is why I purchased it and a uSD card several months ago.

I believe that several of your posts indicated that the limit increase was to be included in this release.

He said it was to be increased, but never said it was going to be in this release. Quite the contrary, he said it was a major undertaking and would NOT be included in this version.

Here's his latest word on the subject from yesterday (12/11/08):

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&message.id=9307#M9307

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

@sansafix wrote:
That feature is in development for a future release.

Thanks for letting us know Smiley Wink. At the end of my my firmware after updating, it has the letter A. What does that mean?

Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

In MSC mode, on the internal memory, the AUDIOBOOK and PODCASTS directories are in the root directory.  With the firmware released today, audiobooks and podcasts are reportedly supported on the expansion card.  But I notice that the firmware has created AUDIOBOOK and PODCASTS directories inside the Music directory on the expansion card instead of in the root, as the internal memory is organized.

I don't know if there is any significance to this but I thought it odd.

Guy

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Check I think it is not Music but MSC.  This is the collection spot for content found from MSC mode.

If you use MSC mode,  you will see the Podcast and Audiobook folders at the root.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@GuyScharf wrote:

In MSC mode, on the internal memory, the AUDIOBOOK and PODCASTS directories are in the root directory.  With the firmware released today, audiobooks and podcasts are reportedly supported on the expansion card.  But I notice that the firmware has created AUDIOBOOK and PODCASTS directories inside the Music directory on the expansion card instead of in the root, as the internal memory is organized.

I don't know if there is any significance to this but I thought it odd.

Guy

I have found the same thing on my Fuze....although I'll probably just delete them since I use my Clip for podcasts. Thanks for the sleep timer SansaFix, btw.Smiley Happy

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520