Sansa Fuze Firmware Update version 01.01.22 & 02.01.17

@shenanagins1091 wrote:

@reviewboy wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@reviewboy wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@reviewboy wrote:

Question about the upcoming firmware update (or beyond)

A feature I used a lot on my iPod Nano and on the Sansa e260R is scrolling within a track (jumping back/forth by seconds rather than by track or - in audio books - by chapter).  It’s the one missing feature that makes listening to audiobooks and podcasts on the Fuze frustrating - I often listen while I work, and if I want to go back a few seconds to review something I missed, I can’t do it.

Any hope of getting this addressed?

Thanks

Jim

e260R 4Gb - Fuze 16Gb - iPod Nano 8Gb - iPod Touch 16Gb

I go back a few seconds or minutes all the time when I listen to podcasts. Maybe your firmware isn’t up to date?

No, I have firmware version 1.01.22A.  I don’t camp on the boards, but I have been updating the firmware regularly since I purchased the device in October.

On the E260R, I would press the center button until I got to Scan mode, and then used the scroll wheel to move backward and forward within the track (the iPod Nano flow is similar).   I’ve tried this on the Fuze but don’t see this option.  I’ve tried a few other things, but haven’t stumbled on it yet (holding center button and scrolling, holding Menu button, etc.)

If you’ve got a method that works, can you share it?  Thanks.

Aha! The answer is, press either the left side of the wheel, to go back, or the right side, to go forward  :smiley:

You are a prince among men!  Press and Hold…that’s so intuitive I never considered it. :wink:  Thank you thank you thank you!

That’s actually the first instict I had when I wanted to fast forward, press left or right.

same here