Sansa Fuze Firmware Update version 01.01.22 & 02.01.17

Conversionbox wrote: 

Normal is at the 0 setting. I would call it flat. I do have a friend who says flat is when every fader is bottomed out. But for all intensive purposes Normal is flat.

Thanks.  That’s what I thought, but nice to have confirmation.

@kevhunt wrote:
There’s still WMA playback issue if custom EQ is being used. The song will be paused automatically after the backlight went off. And… I hope the custom EQ will be fixed in future firmware. The sound lost it’s detail and become horrible if custom EQ is being used. Frankly speaking, most of us don’t like this.

My WMA files play fine with the custom EQ, granted, I only use it with one of my sets of headphones, but the WMA’s play fine.

@tenzip wrote:
On the EQ subject, is “Normal” EQ flat, or not?  It would be nice to have the sliders showing below the name of the setting, and have the name and slider settings change as you scroll through the list, instead of having just a list of names.

Normal is flat, yes. The interesting thing is that if you just move one slider, to begin to customize, the overall volume drops a little. I am not a heavy EQ user. I use it to optimize which headphones I use, to compensate for any shortcomings they may have. I have one set that sounds just right with the Jazz preset, but a little muffled on Normal. I have another set that sounds just right with Normal. Then I have another set that requires custom…-2, -3, 0, +8, +8. We’ll see what happens when my new ones get here.

As Conversion Box said, it would be nice to be able to store more than one custom setting.

That’s it!. The sound also lost some detail if you try customize the custom EQ. No matter how hard you try to customize it, the Normal EQ/FLAT still have the best performance. That’s why I said the customize EQ is useless.

@appletree wrote:
That’s it!. The sound also lost some detail if you try customize the custom EQ. No matter how hard you try to customize it, the Normal EQ/FLAT still have the best performance. That’s why I said the customize EQ is useless.

Just because it loses a little volume does not mean it is losing detail. I need the custom EQ on that one set of 'phones to boost detail because they are very muffled and boomy sounding.

But, besides the volume is drop, I feel some detail and soundstage is missing. I ever use Creative and Samsung Mp3 players, this issue is not happening with their custom EQ. The detail and soundstage still okay even you use the custom EQ. Can Sandisk make a better custom EQ like them?

@appletree wrote:
But, besides the volume is drop, I feel some detail and soundstage is missing. I ever use Creative and Samsung Mp3 players, this issue is not happening with their custom EQ. The detail and soundstage still okay even you use the custom EQ. Can Sandisk make a better custom EQ like them?

I would imagine that this could be adjusted in firmware, but I’m no programmer. What kind of headphones are you using, and what kind of settings are you trying? Like I said, I generally believe that EQ should only be used to balance shortcomings in your headphones…no matter what player you use, I think too much EQ can be a bad thing.  

I have 2 pairs earphone, Philips SHE9700 which have a boomy bass sound and Philips SHE9800 which have a soundstage performance. Both of them sounds horrible if the custom EQ is being customized. I believe it could be adjusted in firmware. I hope Sandisk will fix it in next firmware. This custom EQ issue is same like happen with Lonely Cat’s JukeBox software which be installed in my Sony Ericsson M600i. You slide one bar of the EQ, then the volume and sound quality also goes down.

Question about the upcoming firmware update (or beyond)

A feature I used a lot on my iPod Nano and on the Sansa e260R is scrolling within a track (jumping back/forth by seconds rather than by track or - in audio books - by chapter).  It’s the one missing feature that makes listening to audiobooks and podcasts on the Fuze frustrating - I often listen while I work, and if I want to go back a few seconds to review something I missed, I can’t do it.

Any hope of getting this addressed?

Thanks

Jim

e260R 4Gb - Fuze 16Gb - iPod Nano 8Gb - iPod Touch 16Gb

@reviewboy wrote:

A feature I used a lot on my iPod Nano and on the Sansa e260R is scrolling within a track (jumping back/forth by seconds rather than by track or - in audio books - by chapter).  It’s the one missing feature that makes listening to audiobooks and podcasts on the Fuze frustrating - I often listen while I work, and if I want to go back a few seconds to review something I missed, I can’t do it.

Thanks

Jim

I go back a few seconds or minutes all the time when I listen to podcasts. Maybe your firmware isn’t up to date?

@marvin_martian wrote:

@reviewboy wrote:

Thanks

Jim

I go back a few seconds or minutes all the time when I listen to podcasts. Maybe your firmware isn’t up to date?

No, I have firmware version 1.01.22A.  I don’t camp on the boards, but I have been updating the firmware regularly since I purchased the device in October.

On the E260R, I would press the center button until I got to Scan mode, and then used the scroll wheel to move backward and forward within the track (the iPod Nano flow is similar).   I’ve tried this on the Fuze but don’t see this option.  I’ve tried a few other things, but haven’t stumbled on it yet (holding center button and scrolling, holding Menu button, etc.)

If you’ve got a method that works, can you share it?  Thanks.

@reviewboy wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@reviewboy wrote:

Thanks

Jim

No, I have firmware version 1.01.22A.  I don’t camp on the boards, but I have been updating the firmware regularly since I purchased the device in October.

On the E260R, I would press the center button until I got to Scan mode, and then used the scroll wheel to move backward and forward within the track (the iPod Nano flow is similar).   I’ve tried this on the Fuze but don’t see this option.  I’ve tried a few other things, but haven’t stumbled on it yet (holding center button and scrolling, holding Menu button, etc.)

Aha! The answer is, press either the left side of the wheel, to go back, or the right side, to go forward  :smiley:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@reviewboy wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@reviewboy wrote:

Thanks

Jim

Aha! The answer is, press either the left side of the wheel, to go back, or the right side, to go forward  :smiley:

You are a prince among men!  Press and Hold…that’s so intuitive I never considered it. :wink:  Thank you thank you thank you!

@reviewboy wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@reviewboy wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@reviewboy wrote:

Thanks

Jim

You are a prince among men!  Press and Hold…that’s so intuitive I never considered it. :wink:  Thank you thank you thank you!

That’s actually the first instict I had when I wanted to fast forward, press left or right.

@shenanagins1091 wrote:

@reviewboy wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@reviewboy wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@reviewboy wrote:

Thanks

Jim

That’s actually the first instict I had when I wanted to fast forward, press left or right.

same here

Hi, I’m not sure if this has been posted before, but please allow me to do so.

Issue: Equalizer

With all due respect to the Sansa team, I find all the presets way off to my liking. Does anyone share the same sentiments?

My suggestion:

Ditch the presets, and give us five (5) custom EQ settings. That way I don’t have to remember which settings for my KSC-75, JVC 'mallows, AKG-240s, etc.

Thank you.

@arnoldc wrote:

Hi, I’m not sure if this has been posted before, but please allow me to do so.

Issue: Equalizer

With all due respect to the Sansa team, I find all the presets way off to my liking. Does anyone share the same sentiments?

My suggestion:

Ditch the presets, and give us five (5) custom EQ settings. That way I don’t have to remember which settings for my KSC-75, JVC 'mallows, AKG-240s, etc.

Thank you.

I use Normal +amp for KSC75, Jazz+amp for Sennheiser HD201, and Custom with Panasonic RP-HTX7…and the Sony MDR-V150’s, which are only for podcast use, I just go with the custom, and drop the far left down 3 or 4 notches. So I wouldn’t object to another  custom setting…but keep the Normal and Jazz, at least. 

Any sense of when new update will be released?

Soon. How soon? Very soon…

@blackdog_sansa wrote:
Any sense of when new update will be released?

Sometime in the next Calander week…