Re: Sansa Fuze Firmware Update

And when is that you teaser Smiley Tongue?
SanDisk Guru

@Miss26 wrote:

Can Anyone tell me if Sansa already noticed the volume glitch that some players have?

Yeah they did

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

mat

Are there plans to include study mode/skip length in the next update? These are very useful features found on Iriver and Cowon.

@rizzly wrote:
And when is that you teaser Smiley Tongue?

Any tentative ETA for the next Firmware release?

SanDisk Guru

mat - Doubt it, since it's never been mentioned before, and nobody here knows what these features are (unless, like you they've owned those specific players).

If you feel these to be worthy considerations for the future, please feel free to post your idea(s) in a new or different thread. I don't know if you noticed, but there is a Product Features Suggestions board. Perfect for this. Smiley Happy

FUZE_Newb - Your 'n00bness' is showing! Please read and/or search before posting. Smiley Wink

This has been documented numerous times, probably even in this 23-page thread! A search taking less than 10 seconds of your time would most assuredly find the answer for you.

"1st Quarter of 2009"

SanDisk Professor

@Tapeworm wrote:

mat - Doubt it, since it's never been mentioned before, and nobody here knows what these features are (unless, like you they've owned those specific players).

First guess is that skip length optionally skips forward/back a certain number of minutes for each press rather than going to next track.
SanDisk Senior User

My fuze's battery charge is a lot quicker than before...
My Fuze
Revision 1
4GB internal memory (no micro SDHC card yet)
Firmware: V01.02.26A Headphones: Skullcandy Smokin Buds
mat

Yup. That is it. you can specify how many minutes you skip when you press > or <. This is quite useful with audiobooks and podcasts, and I believe it can be accomplished fairly easily in the software.

@donp wrote:

@Tapeworm wrote:

First guess is that skip length optionally skips forward/back a certain number of minutes for each press rather than going to next track.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Can the update be removed?  My 8GB Fuze had the original settings, and then I updated to 01.01.22A using the firmware updater application.  I don't like it.  I preferred the scroll stopping when coming to the end of a list, the Recently Added section listing all the songs, and I think the radio's sensitivity to picking up frequencies has worsened (many more stations are staticky).  The Play Previous is the only decent feature, in my opinion, and that's not worth all the downsides.
SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

@jumpydwarf wrote:
Can the update be removed? 

Sure. Just manually install the firmware version of your choice. Look around; there was a thread somewhere here yesterday or the day before with links to all the firmware versions in it. So it should be fairly easy to find; if not do a search using the version numbers.

----------------------------- 

Edit: Found it. It was still on the 1st page.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=16492&jump=true

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 02-02-2009 11:59 AM