Sansa Fuze Firmware Update version 01.01.22 & 02.01.17

Hopefully it will be a wonderfu l Suprise! :dizzy_face:

Can Anyone tell me if Sansa already noticed the volume glitch that some players have?

And when is that you teaser :P?

@miss26 wrote:

Can Anyone tell me if Sansa already noticed the volume glitch that some players have?

Yeah they did

Are there plans to include study mode/skip length in the next update? These are very useful features found on Iriver and Cowon.

@rizzly wrote:
And when is that you teaser :P?

Any tentative ETA for the next Firmware release?

mat - Doubt it, since it’s never been mentioned before, and nobody here knows what these features are (unless, like you they’ve owned those specific players).

If you feel these to be worthy considerations for the future, please feel free to post your idea(s) in a new or different thread. I don’t know if you noticed, but there is a Product Features Suggestions board. Perfect for this. :smiley:

FUZE_Newb - Your ‘n00bness’ is showing! Please read and/or search before posting. :wink:

This has been documented numerous times, probably even in this 23-page thread! A search taking less than 10 seconds of your time would most assuredly find the answer for you.

“1st Quarter of 2009”

@tapeworm wrote:

mat - Doubt it, since it’s never been mentioned before, and nobody here knows what these features are (unless, like you they’ve owned those specific players).

First guess is that skip length optionally skips forward/back a certain number of minutes for each press rather than going to next track.

My fuze’s battery charge is a lot quicker than before…

Yup. That is it. you can specify how many minutes you skip when you press > or <. This is quite useful with audiobooks and podcasts, and I believe it can be accomplished fairly easily in the software.

@donp wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

First guess is that skip length optionally skips forward/back a certain number of minutes for each press rather than going to next track.

Can the update be removed?  My 8GB Fuze had the original settings, and then I updated to 01.01.22A using the firmware updater application.  I don’t like it.  I preferred the scroll stopping when coming to the end of a list, the Recently Added section listing all the songs, and I think the radio’s sensitivity to picking up frequencies has worsened (many more stations are staticky).  The Play Previous is the only decent feature, in my opinion, and that’s not worth all the downsides.

@jumpydwarf wrote:
Can the update be removed? 

Sure. Just manually install the firmware version of your choice. Look around; there was a thread somewhere here yesterday or the day before with links to all the firmware versions in it. So it should be fairly easy to find; if not do a search using the version numbers.

----------------------------- 

Edit: Found it. It was still on the 1st page.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=16492&jump=true

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 02-02-2009 11:59 AM

So your definition of a date is any time in a three month period? Now a 1.9 month period?

The ability to be an anonymous ■■■■■■■■■ to strangers isn’t the same as the justification to be one.

@logrus wrote:

So your definition of a date is any time in a three month period? Now a 1.9 month period?

The ability to be an anonymous ■■■■■■■■■ to strangers isn’t the same as the justification to be one.

They don’t give you an exact date, because they are still working on said updates, and if they were to miss an announced exact date, then there would be an uproar from morons around the world :stuck_out_tongue:

@logrus wrote:

Write the code,run the code, debug the code, release thr firmware, listn to us report bugs, fix the bugs, add new GUI features, run the code, debug, Release the firmware, and repeat. This process can take at least 3 months, im supprised its that fast. If I told you I had a project I was working on for you, and said it would be done on February 3, and Tomorrow comes and its not done or worse yet I rush to get it done and dont check the work and the new stuff is unuasble you would be PISSED. I want Sandisk to release it on March 31 at midnight if thats how long they need to get the best product for us.

And Who are you callin a D-bag? That statement requires the middle school response it must take one to know one, I dont see any D-bag responses on all of the 24 pages of this thread.

Any time you use more words to explain how stupid someone is for asking the question in the first place and it would actually take to answer the question you’re demonstrating two things:

1. Your own irritation at “having” to answer the question is patently false, because even if you were under some compulsion to answer the question in the first place by being overly verbose in the snarky response you’re showing just how you have nothing better to do in the first place than to answer questions and pretend that doing so annoys you.

2. Everyone in some kind of n00b to someone else, and nobody thinks it feels good to have it pointed out in such a manner. so when someone wants to pretend at some elite status via denigrating the question of someone of less acumen they are clearly demonstrating their failure at life and lack of social skills. AKA: douchebaggery.

If it were so inconvenient to answer “n00b” questions then simply cease doing it. Of course such cessation deprives people with nothing better going on to show how they are the masters of the Sansa boards, between shifts cooking fries or taking tier 1 tech support calls. Real winners don’t need to lord it over others while real losers do not much else.

can someone post the first sansa fuze firmware

I don’t mind helping a n00b, as I have never lost sight of the fact that we’re all n00bs at one point in our lives.

Thus, the only dumb question is the unasked one, right?  I remember the difficulties encountered in first working with these machines.  Despite being repetitive, the personal touch is better.

Not only that, it’s fun to type the word n00b or n003.

Lots of folks spend quite a bit of their free time helping here, as evidenced by their postings.

But let’s keep feminine hygiene out of the equation, please.

Welcome to the Sansa forum, and don’t feel shy to ask those questions!

Enjoying my n00bi5hne55,

Bob :smileyvery-happy:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@logrus wrote:

They don’t give you an exact date, because they are still working on said updates, and if they were to miss an announced exact date, then there would be an uproar from morons around the world :stuck_out_tongue:

That is an excellent answer. I wish the person who decided it was a good idea to berate the original poster for being such a newb had been as considerate to that fellow.

snarky responses containing naught else but a direction to the “search” feature only alienate users and clutter up the boards.

@conversionbox wrote:

@logrus wrote:

Write the code,run the code, debug the code, release thr firmware, listn to us report bugs, fix the bugs, add new GUI features, run the code, debug, Release the firmware, and repeat. This process can take at least 3 months, im supprised its that fast. If I told you I had a project I was working on for you, and said it would be done on February 3, and Tomorrow comes and its not done or worse yet I rush to get it done and dont check the work and the new stuff is unuasble you would be PISSED. I want Sandisk to release it on March 31 at midnight if thats how long they need to get the best product for us.

And Who are you callin a D-bag? That statement requires the middle school response it must take one to know one, I dont see any D-bag responses on all of the 24 pages of this thread.

Directing someone to use the “search” feature while calling them a noob is pretty Massengil. Either the question has an answer or it does not, it takes little more effort to answer a previously answered question than it does to hurl invective at them; post scripting with a direction to the “search” feature isn’t out of line, but if the person is unaware of how to use it calling them names is hardly an incentive to bother trying. It’s ego-flexing at it’s most meaningless and trivial. “Hey you’re new here so I’m going to make you feel unwelcome while letting you know that I’ve put in a lot of time posting here.” Nevermind that the post count is probably inflated with at least 40% useless and unpleasant comments toward others rather than actually answering questions or providing guidance.