Sansa Fuze Firmware Update version 01.01.22 & 02.01.17

@noki wrote:

thanks hazza for the slap on the side of the head! 

Any time :slight_smile: … though I must say that I had to check the link in the status bar to figure out it was the ZIP file… it could have been labeled better… maybe “All regions ZIP file update”

Message Edited by hazza on 12-20-2008 12:51 PM

does anyone agree with a coverflow

I finally upgraded to .22 - the faster scrolling is very nice! I might actually use the Artist or Album menu items now! Before, Genre was the only reasonable menu choice.

(with 2700 songs, I still doubt I’ll be using the Song menu)

Message Edited by bdb on 12-20-2008 04:26 PM

@delonh24 wrote:

In a word…no :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d much rather Sansa put the time into getting the audio playback perfect (I’m specifically talking gapless playback here), rather than interface tweaks.  I’d be much more impressed with accurate gapless playback than things like sleep timers and fancy effects with album art.

Just my 2 cents.

@totaleclipse wrote:

I’d much rather Sansa put the time into getting the audio playback perfect (I’m specifically talking gapless playback here), rather than interface tweaks.  I’d be much more impressed with accurate gapless playback than things like sleep timers and fancy effects with album art.

Just my 2 cents.

What’s so great about gapless playback?  There’s a little pause, big whoop.  I use the (sleep) timer all the time.

Another 2 cents.

axon

A sleep timer and gapless playback are both real audio features. Coverflow is just glitz.

@axon01 wrote:

@totaleclipse wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

What’s so great about gapless playback?  There’s a little pause, big whoop.  I use the (sleep) timer all the time.

Another 2 cents.

axon

Agreed. I love the sleep timer, but the majority of my music doesn’t require gapless.The little pause can be more or less jarring depending on what codec is used.  Live shows, and certain Pink Floyd albums, it would be great to have gapless, but until then, I’ll spin the computer desk around,and use my stereo patch cable that I normally use with the Fuze and Clip…right into the sound card, and MediaMonkey will play these recordings gapless for me :smiley:

@bdb wrote:
 Coverflow is just glitz.

And it reminds me of that system-hogging, DRM-loving iTunes…:angry::cry::stuck_out_tongue:

I think it looks interesting, but the objective is to see a quick reference of the album art.  I wouldn’t mine a “wipe” to the next album like viewing stacked cards, together with the name of the album and artist.  Perhaps a thumbnail view, with the actively selected album popping up in a larger size for both viewing and selection.

The visual album selection method is handy.  I feel that keeping it simple will make useage smoothest for most users.  After all, many have switched to Sansa after dealing with kludgy interfaces.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Hey guys, i’m a noob and i bought my 8gig fuze not long ago and love it! i was wondering, can i upgrade to .22 without having to do any previous upgrades? would i be missing anything? or is it best if i do previous upgrades first and then do the latest one(.22)?

No, with devices like this and digital cameras (and just about anything else that has user updatable firmware) the update replaces the firmware completely.

So you would be replacing the original firmware with v11 then replacing v11 with v15 then replacing v15 with v22.

Save the risk of something going **bleep** up and just jump straight to the latest.

Thanks hazza… i will be uprgrading to .22 as soon as i can

One of the reasons I got the fuze was because of it’s voice recorder. I would like to see a voice recorder interface that could do a bit more. Basically, I’m wondering if you could add 2 things to the next firmware update.

1. I would like to have a meter showing how loud the recording currently is so I know whether I should sit closer to the speaker or farther.

2. I don’t know if this is a hardware issue, but I would like to have the headphone double up as a line in so that I can choose to use the headphones as a line in.

Do you think these would be possible?

I agree with you here.  As long as we are making out Christmas lists.

A meter would be good but not essential.

Selectable write file formate: mp3 (and bit rate) or wav would be good 

And yes, getting a MIC in (not LINE in) would be very, very good.

anyway, thanks Sansa for the continual support!  Nice work!  Love the longer GoList.

(PS, how do you guys get that format of quoting a previous poster captured in horizontal rule-lines?)

@blackdog_sansa wrote:

One of the reasons I got the fuze was because of it’s voice recorder. I would like to see a voice recorder interface that could do a bit more. Basically, I’m wondering if you could add 2 things to the next firmware update.

1. I would like to have a meter showing how loud the recording currently is so I know whether I should sit closer to the speaker or farther.

2. I don’t know if this is a hardware issue, but I would like to have the headphone double up as a line in so that I can choose to use the headphones as a line in.

Do you think these would be possible?

I agree with you here.  As long as we are making out Christmas lists.

A meter would be good but not essential.

Selectable write file formate: mp3 (and bit rate) or wav would be good 

And yes, getting a MIC in (not LINE in) would be very, very good.

anyway, thanks Sansa for the continual support!  Nice work!  Love the longer GoList.

(PS, how do you guys get that format of quoting a previous poster captured in horizontal rule-lines?)

Like that? ^^^ Click on the “quote message” over on the right side:smiley:

@delonh24 wrote:

Best thing Apple ever did for the 4G Nano was adding an option to disable Coverflow.

where can i manually download the firmware? I’m having a ton of trouble with the updater

You can manually update the Fuze here.

(Link taken from first post on the front page). 

Message Edited by adam22 on 12-25-2008 03:26 PM

Need a link for the manual d-load also. Updater not working, Media converter not working (yes I have Quicktime)  Fast losing patience with this thing.  I bought it for my daughter so she could take her Media Canter videos on the road.  Music player is secondary. 

I see the firmware now, it’s under the “All Regions” link??  

Ok dumb question where is the ROOT directory?  Do I just click Sansa Fuze in Windows explorer and drag it there, or do I have to open up Internal Memory and drag it there, or is there a hidden ROOT folder?