Sansa Fuze Firmware Update version 01.01.22 & 02.01.17

I’m running Win2K and cannot use the updater to get the firmware file. Can anyone post or email-attach the zipped firmware file? I need the version 1 firmware update.

thanks, Noki

nokieng@hotmail.com 

@coolcrazykid wrote:
hey why won’t you guys download the sansa updater it works perfect and i comes with a sansa media converter, its the best and its free!!!

Is there a Linux version? No? Then just be quiet. Copying the file to the root of the device is universal, I applaud SanDisk for recognising that not all computer users are shackled to the security swiss cheese operating system.

@noki wrote:

Can anyone post or email-attach the zipped firmware file?

So you want us to click the link for the zip file in the original post, download it to our computer then e-mail that to you?

I could be wrong but is not the link only for the UPDATER? I will check the link again. I hope I’m wrong…

Update…Great I was wrong. the firmware is below the updater link. though it was just a different updater (for all regions?). thanks hazza for the slap on the side of the head! 

Message Edited by noki on 12-19-2008 04:09 AM

"• GoList expanded to 200 tracks
• Add entire Artist or Album to GoList with press and hold during navigation

YES!!!

One of the reasons I got the fuze was because of it’s voice recorder. I would like to see a voice recorder interface that could do a bit more. Basically, I’m wondering if you could add 2 things to the next firmware update.

1. I would like to have a meter showing how loud the recording currently is so I know whether I should sit closer to the speaker or farther.

2. I don’t know if this is a hardware issue, but I would like to have the headphone double up as a line in so that I can choose to use the headphones as a line in.

Do you think these would be possible?

• Add entire Artist or Album to GoList with press and hold during navigation…I can’t get it to work. Clue me in.

Just pic the album or artist you want to hear and then press and hold the center enter button. You will see add to go list progress come up. It adds it fast too!!  Great new added feature!!  George

any update to one of my original questions…poster here mentioned bookmarking as a new feature in this new firmware.

Question…how is it accessed?

thanks 

I liked the Fuze just fine with the older firmware and with this new one it got better.  Thanks!  I’m happy!

However, if you’re gonna be working on it anyway, what about being able to set a bookmark, a place to come back to, in addition to resume. That would make this just about the perfect audiobook player.

I promise not to complain if you don’t do it.   But I will be delighted if you do. :) 

Barry

@noki wrote:

“…now with sleeptimer and good bookmarking

I must have missed that feature. How is that accessed? How many bookmarks can you place? thanks!!

Sandisk people like to refer to the resume feature as bookmarking.  It’s non-standard use of terminology probably forced on them by the marketing people.  Just to avoid confusion, the Fuze resumes very nicely; it doesn’t bookmark.

Barry

I think you all should make it possible for the fuze to have our own pics as a wallpaper for idle time.

@noki wrote:

thanks hazza for the slap on the side of the head! 

Any time :slight_smile: … though I must say that I had to check the link in the status bar to figure out it was the ZIP file… it could have been labeled better… maybe “All regions ZIP file update”

Message Edited by hazza on 12-20-2008 12:51 PM

does anyone agree with a coverflow

I finally upgraded to .22 - the faster scrolling is very nice! I might actually use the Artist or Album menu items now! Before, Genre was the only reasonable menu choice.

(with 2700 songs, I still doubt I’ll be using the Song menu)

Message Edited by bdb on 12-20-2008 04:26 PM

@delonh24 wrote:
does anyone agree with a coverflow

In a word…no :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d much rather Sansa put the time into getting the audio playback perfect (I’m specifically talking gapless playback here), rather than interface tweaks.  I’d be much more impressed with accurate gapless playback than things like sleep timers and fancy effects with album art.

Just my 2 cents.

@totaleclipse wrote:

I’d much rather Sansa put the time into getting the audio playback perfect (I’m specifically talking gapless playback here), rather than interface tweaks.  I’d be much more impressed with accurate gapless playback than things like sleep timers and fancy effects with album art.

Just my 2 cents.

What’s so great about gapless playback?  There’s a little pause, big whoop.  I use the (sleep) timer all the time.

Another 2 cents.

axon

A sleep timer and gapless playback are both real audio features. Coverflow is just glitz.

@axon01 wrote:

@totaleclipse wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

What’s so great about gapless playback?  There’s a little pause, big whoop.  I use the (sleep) timer all the time.

Another 2 cents.

axon

Agreed. I love the sleep timer, but the majority of my music doesn’t require gapless.The little pause can be more or less jarring depending on what codec is used.  Live shows, and certain Pink Floyd albums, it would be great to have gapless, but until then, I’ll spin the computer desk around,and use my stereo patch cable that I normally use with the Fuze and Clip…right into the sound card, and MediaMonkey will play these recordings gapless for me :smiley: