SanDisk User

Re: Sansa Fuze Firmware Update

Hello,

@JK98 wrote:

Sansafix, the next firmware upgrade is scheduled for Q1 '09? I thought  it was previously expected by Q1 '09, meaning before Q1 starts.

I am no nativ english speaker but I understand that "expected by Q1" means it will probably be released at March, 31th. And to be honest they released the last version on December, 12th - I do not think they have any chance to fix anything before christmas. There will be at least one week QA and the engineers have to do other work on the other Sansa products.

Just my 2 cents (Euro-cents ;-)

Ciao banty

SanDisk Guru

Correct,  you guys already got your Christmas present.  Smiley Happy
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Bye the way,thanks to everyone involved in the new upgrade your guys are the best and this is a great present. Merry Christmas. 

Where do I download Just the zip file so I can install update myself. Running win98se so updater doesn't work on this decrepped old dinasour of a computer.

[ Edited ]

not totally sure if my has updated it's showing me 

v01.01.22F on the system information is that what it should show as it says 01.01.22"x". on the front update page

also not sure if it's the right one I'm trying to downloaded but the other one's no different

Message Edited by barcapayne on 12-17-2008 10:21 AM
SanDisk Guru

Youve got it right.  the x refers to any letter.
SanDisk Guru

@dwilli36 wrote:
Where do I download Just the zip file so I can install update myself. Running win98se so updater doesn't work on this decrepped old dinasour of a computer.

Answered in your other duplicate post.

But as long as you're here . . . the 1st post in this thread is your answer. Smiley Wink

SanDisk Guru

As long as you have USB, the Sansa can talk with your old machine.

On that thought, look for a USB2.0 PCI bus expansion card, the hot ticket for an older PC.  They are very cheap!

In MSC mode, your Sansa will do just fine!

Bob  Smiley Tongue

SanDisk User

Could I make a request for the next update - could the battery indicator not only be a cute icon but have the % right there? I know I can see it in settings - but it would be nice to see it right on the main screen... thanks

I love dealing with a company that seems to care about the users. Thanks Sandisk

Great player

now with sleeptimer and good bookmarking.

What about file limits, any news ?

Have a nice day 

caba