Sansa Fuze Firmware Update version 01.01.22 & 02.01.17

I have the same 8gb silver Fuze as “W” and have no clicking issues to report.

George,

I too have the 8Gb Silver Fuze. Maybe it is my Fuze. It seems to be more intermittant with the new download, but still happens. The thing is, I don’t remember it happening when I first got my Fuze. I noticed it with the .15 update. I thought it worthwhile to inquire if anyone else had noticed the issue. Thanks for the replies.

Message Edited by lulubelle on 12-15-2008 01:57 PM

Release notes:

Bugs Fixed  
• Podcast sort order inverted

Anyone know what is used for Podcast sorting if there is no “Track Number” tag?

Extra credit: guess what order these files were sorted?

File A
Title:     The Dan Patrick Radio Show - Hour 1 (12-15-2008)
File name: The_Dan_Patrick_Radio_Show_-_Hour_1_12-15-2008.mp3

File B
Title:     The Dan Patrick Radio Show - Hour 2 (12-15-2008)
File name: The_Dan_Patrick_Radio_Show_-_Hour_2_12-15-2008.mp3

File C
Title:     The Dan Patrick Radio Show - Hour 3 (12-15-2008)
File name: The_Dan_Patrick_Radio_Show_-_Hour_3_12-15-2008.mp3

My guess was ABC and it was wrong.

Message Edited by PaulF on 12-15-2008 02:18 PM

Message Edited by PaulF on 12-15-2008 02:18 PM

"We will fix this on the next update, It will be released some time in Q1, 2009. "

Sansafix, the next firmware upgrade is scheduled for Q1 '09? I thought  it was previously expected by Q1 '09, meaning before Q1 starts. Oh well. Sansafix, could the font for the clock time, elapsed time, and time remaining be enlarged a bit? It is imo too small and hard to read. I still wish the battery icon could be replaced with the percentage number for remaining battery life. I realize this number is in system settings, but I would like it to be visible all the time.

Hello,

@jk98 wrote:

Sansafix, the next firmware upgrade is scheduled for Q1 '09? I thought  it was previously expected by Q1 '09, meaning before Q1 starts.

I am no nativ english speaker but I understand that “expected by Q1” means it will probably be released at March, 31th. And to be honest they released the last version on December, 12th - I do not think they have any chance to fix anything before christmas. There will be at least one week QA and the engineers have to do other work on the other Sansa products.

Just my 2 cents (Euro-cents :wink:

Ciao banty

Correct,  you guys already got your Christmas present.  :slight_smile:

Bye the way,thanks to everyone involved in the new upgrade your guys are the best and this is a great present. Merry Christmas. 

Where do I download Just the zip file so I can install update myself. Running win98se so updater doesn’t work on this decrepped old dinasour of a computer.

not totally sure if my has updated it’s showing me 

v01.01.22F on the system information is that what it should show as it says 01.01.22"x". on the front update page

also not sure if it’s the right one I’m trying to downloaded but the other one’s no different

Message Edited by barcapayne on 12-17-2008 10:21 AM

Answered in your other duplicate post.

But as long as you’re here . . . the 1st post in this thread is your answer. :wink:

Youve got it right.  the x refers to any letter.

@dwilli36 wrote:
Where do I download Just the zip file so I can install update myself. Running win98se so updater doesn’t work on this decrepped old dinasour of a computer.

But as long as you’re here . . . the 1st post in this thread is your answer. :wink:

As long as you have USB, the Sansa can talk with your old machine.

On that thought, look for a USB2.0 PCI bus expansion card, the hot ticket for an older PC.  They are very cheap!

In MSC mode, your Sansa will do just fine!

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Could I make a request for the next update - could the battery indicator not only be a cute icon but have the % right there? I know I can see it in settings - but it would be nice to see it right on the main screen… thanks

I love dealing with a company that seems to care about the users. Thanks Sandisk

Great player

now with sleeptimer and good bookmarking.

What about file limits, any news ?

Have a nice day 

caba 

The file limit with be increased “Q1 2009”.  (so says “sansafix”)

“…now with sleeptimer and good bookmarking

I must have missed that feature. How is that accessed? How many bookmarks can you place? thanks!!

"Could I make a request for the next update - could the battery indicator not only be a cute icon but have the % right there? I know I can see it in settings - but it would be nice to see it right on the main screen… thanks I love dealing with a company that seems to care about the users. Thanks Sandisk "

I mentioned this several times, however Sandisk doesn’t seem receptive to it. Imo the battery icon looks silly. I want to see a battery life remaining percentage number instead.

Battery % indicator.  That might be an idea.  At first I thought peole might have a hard time reading it, but if you can read the time, then you could read the %.  I would like that, I thought I had very little left and then looked at the % and it was 46% (after watching a long movie and listening to music).  It looked less then it was.