Sansa Fuze Firmware Update version 01.01.22 & 02.01.17

Or to put it another way - ‘folder browsing’ means - your Fuze or device of choice with that ability can see your files organized exactly the same way your pc sees them - alphanumerically sorted without having to tag.

Wow I must have received 300 emails about this board   The Fuze is fine what else can a firmware fix except the occasional refresh database

nintendogamer92 wrote: what else can a firmware fix except the occasional refresh database

The 4000 file limit.

@fifer wrote:

nintendogamer92 wrote: what else can a firmware fix except the occasional refresh database

The 4000 file limit.

Plus the 2000 song shuffle limitation

Plus the slow/fast speed pitch correction

Plus the sudden switch to full volume and no scroll wheel control

Plus adding support for the newer ID3v2.4 tags

Plus freezing of device requiring reset when using the on-board Delete function

Plus some other things regarding Audiobooks & podcasts

Plus the White Screen Of Death issue

Enough examples for you?

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 04-05-2009 03:00 PM

@tapeworm wrote:

@deadcereal wrote:

Edit: A surprising amount of my posts make it to the next page… This disturbs me.

Only 10 allowed per page. :wink:

And why would this disturb you?

@deadcereal wrote:
I always go to post and its on the next page… its just weird.

What can I say? . . . you just have bad timing. :smileyvery-happy:

Most of these I’ve never had

@nintendogamer92 wrote:

Why is it so hard for people that post in chatrooms to imagine that anyone else might use a product in a different way than they do? …If the Fuze is perfect for you why are you even lurking in this Firmware upgrade thread?

@nintendogamer92 wrote:

Well then, count your blessings but these are real problems that many people are experiencing and they need to be solved. Especially the White Screen issue (seemingly more prevalent on the newer Rev. 2 hardware configuration) and the sudden switch to full volume with no warning!

These are what I consider to be absolutely CRITICAL fixes needed. One for the health of the users and the other for the health of the company and Fuze’s reputation.

OK guys, this tread is getting way off topic. This thread is intended for the discussion of the current firmware release. Please only post if you have questions or issues with this particular firmware release. There is a board dedicated to firmware suggestions so if your post is related to a wishlist or firmware suggestion please post your suggestion in the firmware suggestion board. This thread has become less and less useful because of the constant posting of unrelated comments and topics. Please keep things on topic.

The next firmware release passed QA this weekend and it will likely be posted early this week. We are working to get the new firmware released as soon as possible so please be patient.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

Thank you! I have been waiting for some official word. I will be patient and I suppose I will stop with the offtopic-ness.

@slotmonsta wrote:

The next firmware release passed QA this weekend and it will likely be posted early this week. We are working to get the new firmware released as soon as possible so please be patient.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

Thanks for the update.

Ya thanks a lot, for the offical word :smiley:

@slotmonsta wrote:

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

Good to hear.  Thanks.

Thanks a lot for the update. Now we won’t be able to make it to a hundred pages:cry: But the firmware update will be worth it!:smiley:

@slotmonsta wrote:

OK guys, this tread is getting way off topic. This thread is intended for the discussion of the current firmware release. Please only post if you have questions or issues with this particular firmware release. There is a board dedicated to firmware suggestions so if your post is related to a wishlist or firmware suggestion please post your suggestion in the firmware suggestion board. This thread has become less and less useful because of the constant posting of unrelated comments and topics. Please keep things on topic.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

Ah, good to know!  So, no more “Are we there yet?” from the kiddos, k?.. Don’t make me turn this car around!  :wink:

Wow. Two pages since this morning. Now I know when it should come out. Thanks.

@slotmonsta wrote:

The next firmware release passed QA this weekend and it will likely be posted early this week.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

OMG yes

@the_anti_ipod wrote:

@slotmonsta wrote:

The next firmware release passed QA this weekend and it will likely be posted early this week.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

Thanks, great news… :smiley:

…and by the way: If you had told us this last week, the whole off-topic conversion would not have happened…

…am not feeling the least guilty, about the wothwhile entertainment offered on this thread while waiting…

…WELL DONE EVERBODY…

L  :smileyvery-happy:

about time we got an offical word know we can get back on topic

To me early in the week means Monday or Tuesday (Wednesday is midweek and Thursday and Friday are the end of the week). :smiley: