Sansa Fuze Firmware Update version 01.01.22 & 02.01.17

@once_burned wrote:

Given the time-consuming and manual-intensive process for deleting an unwanted song, I do this instead:  Add it to the “Go List” playlist (which I’ve configured to do when I hold down the center button) and skip to the next track.  Then later on, when I have time, I go through the list and delete all the songs I’ve put on it.

That’s not a bad workaround, at least it sounds like the Fuze won’t hose it up on refresh. I’m constantly trying out new music on my Fuze, and if I don’t like it I delete it. I’m deleting stuff all the time, so being able to conveniently delete an album would be extremely handy. I suppose for people who listen to the same stuff over and over again, its a non-issue. On my iPod, I used to use the ratings to denote songs to delete, but ratings are also broken on the Fuze. I have enough stuff to remember without having to make “mental notes” to work around all the Fuze’s deficiencies.

Is there a way to see the contents of the Go List in MSC mode? A search didn’t turn up anything too obvious.

Message Edited by bdb on 03-30-2009 02:18 PM

:stuck_out_tongue:1 day Sansa

Can’t wait!:smiley: Although I think hopes are too high on this one, so you might get disappointed. However, you might not, so, whatever!:smiley:

@yelped wrote:
Can’t wait!:smiley: Although I think hopes are too high on this one, so you might get disappointed. However, you might not, so, whatever!:smiley:

You may be right on this…some of the people are acting awfully excited.:wink:

I’m so excited about the firmware coming out eventually, that I’m going to do this:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

I’m so excited about the firmware coming out eventually, that I’m going to do this:

Imagine the uproar if it’s not out before midnight!

I am sitting here hitting F5 every 2 seconds.

Come on come on!  

I would laugh so hard if the new firmware didn’t contain any new features, just bug fixes…

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:
I would laugh so hard if the new firmware didn’t contain any new features, just bug fixes…

That’s fine, as long as the 4000 track limit bug is fixed.

I can’t imagine having 4000 tracks on my Fuze:smiley:

@marvin_martian wrote:

I’ve got over 5000, but it can’t see them all. (It’s not full either).

@fifer wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

I like Quality over Quantity! I have like 675 right now of high quality Ogg files. I cant imaging dropping the quality enough to fit 4000 songs. Now If you have an 8 gig player with a 16 gig card, I can see haveing a lot of files but no where near 4,000 songs, at that point i would do videos or pictures or even use it as a flash drive.

@conversionbox wrote:

@fifer wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

I like Quality over Quantity! I have like 675 right now of high quality Ogg files. I cant imaging dropping the quality enough to fit 4000 songs. Now If you have an 8 gig player with a 16 gig card, I can see haveing a lot of files but no where near 4,000 songs, at that point i would do videos or pictures or even use it as a flash drive.

Agreed! I have a 4GB + 8GB card, 2,254 songs, and 379mb free. If I had a 16GB card, I could maybe hit 3,700 or so. :wink:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

@fifer wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

Agreed! I have a 4GB + 8GB card, 2,254 songs, and 379mb free. If I had a 16GB card, I could maybe hit 3,700 or so. :wink:

You still have 3x the space I have. And I do this for a reason.

@conversionbox wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

@fifer wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

You still have 3x the space I have. And I do this for a reason.

Oh, I know. You have a whole crapload more music than I do, and the smaller space is like your current rotation. Makes sense to me…and it’s why I didn’t bother running out and buying the 16GB card when my taxes came back…cause I can’t listen to all that music at once.

Im in school right now trying to keep up in class, and watch for the Firmware. This is how I feel.

any minute now sandisk :neutral_face:

is it suppose to come out today or tomorrow? O.o or at midnight xD

Message Edited by Greed on 03-31-2009 11:41 AM

@greed wrote:
is it suppose to come out today or tomorrow? O.o or at midnight xD
Message Edited by Greed on 03-31-2009 11:41 AM

They never said a specific date. I am expecting, at 12:01 AM, (April Fool’s Day) that everyone’s Fuze will light up with a big picture of an apple on it :stuck_out_tongue: