Sansa Fuze Firmware Update version 01.01.22 & 02.01.17

@lewislink wrote:
Trust me, there is a genuine inconvenience to connecting the DAP to a PC while you are listening to it just to delete songs that pop up you don’t want. I wish all DAPs had the delete function. It’s very convenient.

If I was on the go and listening,I would simply skip the offending song, make a mental note, and and clear out the offenders when I got home. It’s usually not an issue for me though…I tend to spend a little extra time selecting my music when I load the player, so I rarely have to delete anything on the go, except a podcast here and there on my 2 GB Clip, which refreshes lickedy-split fast.

That’s what I love about humanity. If one person can’t see an issue with something, that means there can’t be an issue for anyone else. So the usual response is, “what’s the big deal?” However, if that particular person has an issue, the whole world must stop what it’s doing and attend to it.

The point of this? There is an issue with not being able to delete on the fly. Just because particular people can’t see the issue right now does not mean there is no issue.

@lewislink wrote:

That’s what I love about humanity. If one person can’t see an issue with something, that means there can’t be an issue for anyone else. So the usual response is, “what’s the big deal?” However, if that particular person has an issue, the whole world must stop what it’s doing and attend to it.

The point of this? There is an issue with not being able to delete on the fly. Just because particular people can’t see the issue right now does not mean there is no issue.

I dont think anybody is denying the existance of the desire to be able to delete entire albums on the fly. But what is being said, is that there are ways to achieve the ends despite the means. Where the whole issue lies is in the fact that there are bigger bugs that need to be fixed before we get astetic things like delete functions. I think at this point (New firmware due in The next 45 hour 38 minute span)… we should let this thread rest, Its almost 40 pages long.

@lewislink wrote:

I think your’e reading more into my response than what was offered. I’m not saying mine is the only way, only that I believe you are making the proverbial mountain out of the mole-hill.

Life is too short to be worried about such minutia. There are far bigger & more worthy things to get ulcers over. :wink:

:omg omg omg omg! 2 more days! maybe :smiley: :smiley:

A promised update on April Fools’ Day?  Hmmmm.  I must say, these upgrades have been very nice to have.  I wish there was some easy-to-find web page telling us when they come out.  It’s not always convenient to connect the player and take the chance of updating it without some prep.

Here’s why.  Given the time-consuming and manual-intensive process for deleting an unwanted song, I do this instead:  Add it to the “Go List” playlist (which I’ve configured to do when I hold down the center button) and skip to the next track.  Then later on, when I have time, I go through the list and delete all the songs I’ve put on it.

The only problem with this technique is, updating the firmware clears the “Go List,” so you need to remember to delete all those songs before taking a chance on an update.

Also, I haven’t found a playlist editor yet that can see the “Go List”, so I have to do all the deleting on the player and it takes several minutes per track.

@once_burned wrote:

I wish there was some easy-to-find web page telling us when they come out.

Just bookmark the Sansa Fuze forum page – it’s pretty easy to find since you already found it… :wink:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board?board.id=sansafuse

As an aside, it's funny that the url for the Fuze forum page spells it "sansafu<font color="#ff0000"><strong>s</strong></font>e."

Message Edited by Robisan on 03-30-2009 12:55 PM

Tapeworm writes, “Maybe I’m missing something here, but why would you bother to go through the time to put songs on your player if you’re only going to delete them?”

Well, here’s how mine got that way. I dumped everything on my Mac and my PC/Laptop onto the Fuze; i added some albums later – from which I had already excerpted some songs that were already on the Fuze. Like a lot of newbies, i got confused between MSC and MTP. And even when I pull all the contents onto a working file on the PC, the songs in each album don’t appear in the general song list, but rather, as contents under the  album filename. So there are a lot of duplicates.

Another reason that it would be slightly to moderately easier to be able to zap duplicate songs right from the Fuze: I loaded a few dozen some albums that might have only a couple of songs on them that i would like – after checking them out on the Fuze. Then i could zap, immediately,the trash, while its title is in front of me (but I might forget that title by the time I bring everything up on the PC File menu).

This is not a problem looking for an answer, but an answer to your question. Hope this answers your query.

Chris in VA. 

@once_burned wrote:

Given the time-consuming and manual-intensive process for deleting an unwanted song, I do this instead:  Add it to the “Go List” playlist (which I’ve configured to do when I hold down the center button) and skip to the next track.  Then later on, when I have time, I go through the list and delete all the songs I’ve put on it.

That’s not a bad workaround, at least it sounds like the Fuze won’t hose it up on refresh. I’m constantly trying out new music on my Fuze, and if I don’t like it I delete it. I’m deleting stuff all the time, so being able to conveniently delete an album would be extremely handy. I suppose for people who listen to the same stuff over and over again, its a non-issue. On my iPod, I used to use the ratings to denote songs to delete, but ratings are also broken on the Fuze. I have enough stuff to remember without having to make “mental notes” to work around all the Fuze’s deficiencies.

Is there a way to see the contents of the Go List in MSC mode? A search didn’t turn up anything too obvious.

Message Edited by bdb on 03-30-2009 02:18 PM

:stuck_out_tongue:1 day Sansa

Can’t wait!:smiley: Although I think hopes are too high on this one, so you might get disappointed. However, you might not, so, whatever!:smiley:

@yelped wrote:
Can’t wait!:smiley: Although I think hopes are too high on this one, so you might get disappointed. However, you might not, so, whatever!:smiley:

You may be right on this…some of the people are acting awfully excited.:wink:

I’m so excited about the firmware coming out eventually, that I’m going to do this:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

I’m so excited about the firmware coming out eventually, that I’m going to do this:

Imagine the uproar if it’s not out before midnight!

I am sitting here hitting F5 every 2 seconds.

Come on come on!  

I would laugh so hard if the new firmware didn’t contain any new features, just bug fixes…

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:
I would laugh so hard if the new firmware didn’t contain any new features, just bug fixes…

That’s fine, as long as the 4000 track limit bug is fixed.

I can’t imagine having 4000 tracks on my Fuze:smiley:

@marvin_martian wrote:
I can’t imagine having 4000 tracks on my Fuze:smiley:

I’ve got over 5000, but it can’t see them all. (It’s not full either).