Sansa Fuze Firmware Update 01.02.31 & 02.03.33

If your region is set to “Europe”, look under settings ->system settings->volume.  If you don’t see the “high” setting, read this thread for a solution and you’ll be able to get the higher volume as before.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Clip-Clip/No-more-High-setting-in-music-volume/td-p/143062

Dear Webmaster,

I had a problem with downloading the newest firmware as well. I did all the steps you mentioned, and it worked. So thanks for explaining this. The first time I opened my fuze after upgrading I noticed a new icon with something red, like a triangle or somethng. Could that have been an Audiobook icon? Anyway, it certainly isn’t there anymore and I wonder why?

I also have a 4 gb sd/hc card, but when I put it in the fuze, it wants to refresh and gets stuck, when I connect it to the computer it opens the sd card storage, so the computer recognizes the sd card, but it get’s stuck in refreshing. Does that mean my sd card is broken?

Hope to hear from you,

Katelijntje

No idea about the icon.

There may be a file on the card that the Fuze can’t read.Your computer is more flexible than the Fuze.

If it just started happening, take off whatever you added most recently. If you added all your music at once, Format the card (to FAT32) and add your music a few albums at a time. When you find what stopped it, fix it with mp3tag as explained here:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Fuze/Problem-since-updating-firmware-to-latest/m-p/239810#M48758

Awesome post. EU should better regulate itself rather than making me listen at the volume it wants!

i have a Fuze  02.03.31A  - 8 GB,  how can i update it, i can not watch any video…

thank you

@fervalmo wrote:

i have a Fuze  02.03.31A  - 8 GB,  how can i update it, i can not watch any video…

thank you

You’ve already got the latest (and last) firmware update. If you’re having trouble converting videos, you might try video4fuze.

@tapeworm wrote:

@hawkeyehawk wrote:

Am I corect in assuming, that I have a V2 unit, if my firmware is V02.03.33A?

Correct.

Actually, not correct and this is a problem that I have.  I have noticed that for the past year or so, my player has been acting funny.  I keep getting the “Refreshing media” at all different times (i.e. just turning it on, plugging into the Maximo FM transmitter car adapter, if I skip ahead or back a song, etc.).  I own an 8GB V1 Fuze.  However, it has the 02.03.033 firmware on it.  I believe that happened, by accident, when I updated my son’s Fuze firmware, which he has a 4 GB version 2.  I am not sure why the Sansa Updater let it happen, but somehow it did and the firmware has made my Fuze very unstable.  I only realized this after trying Rockbox as a last resort since my player has been getting progressively worse and after one of the “Refreshing Media” spells it no longer was able to read my music stored on the internal memory.  Rockbox is, apparently, not compatible with the FM transmitter, so I would like to re-flash my firmware back to the 01.02.31 somehow, but my player is not cooperating.  Any thoughts?  For some reason, my Fuze is not accepting the V1 firmware and still boots up into Rockbox first.  Anway to wipe it completely and start over?

TIA

@saruman wrote:

I own an 8GB V1 Fuze.  However, it has the 02.03.033 firmware on it.  I believe that happened, by accident, when I updated my son’s Fuze firmware, which he has a 4 GB version 2.  I am not sure why the Sansa Updater let it happen, but somehow it did and the firmware has made my Fuze very unstable.

Impossible.

@saruman wrote:

. . . so I would like to re-flash my firmware back to the 01.02.31 somehow, but my player is not cooperating.  Any thoughts?  For some reason, my Fuze is not accepting the V1 firmware and still boots up into Rockbox first.

There is no way to install v1 firmware on a v2 model (and vice-versa). If you remove Rockbox via the Rockbox Utility and then re-install an un-patched version of the v2 firmware, I’m sure you’ll be back in business.

@tapeworm wrote:

@saruman wrote:

I own an 8GB V1 Fuze.  However, it has the 02.03.033 firmware on it.  I believe that happened, by accident, when I updated my son’s Fuze firmware, which he has a 4 GB version 2.  I am not sure why the Sansa Updater let it happen, but somehow it did and the firmware has made my Fuze very unstable.

Impossible.

I did a little more research.  I thought that V2 came out at least 6 months after I received mine as a Christmas gift (Christmas 2008, purchased about a month before because that’s when I told my wife that it is what I wanted), but apparently V2 was already out by then, is that correct?  If so, then I must have recieved a V2 afterall.  I guess the thing really is on its way out, then.

Thx.

Hello

I have just upgraded my Sandisk Sansa Muse firmware from its original to 01.02.31 and to my horror I almost lost  the sound.

It now appears to be completely deaf from as it was before.

I could adjust the volume  tomy level with no problem but now I can hardly hear it at all.so I cannot enjoy listening to my music at a level as I would like. Is there any way the volume can be restored to its former glory before the update. I needed to update it as to comply with Napser and Windows XP & Windows 7.

I manually downloaded the update and manuallyinstalled it as per instructions elseware on this site using the

fusea.bin, ISO Image 

Will I be able to reverse the update to a previous to restore the volume to the previous version  and to download it  with  a  link.

I like to listen to my music loud!

By the way I dont have the option for the Sound Volume Level for Normal or Rest of the World. This option doesn’t exist in the Firmware update 01.02.31

I have also tried  to reset to Factory Default Settings but that didn’t work either

Thanks

Terry

1 Like

Hello Everyone

I managed to sort out my proplem with my Sandisk Sansa Fuse afterwards I ended up downloading and installed an earlier

Sansa Fuze Firmware Update 01.02.26

The Volume in my Sansa Fuse Player now has the  proper Volume level restored (Phew!)

Panic Over

Cheers

Terry

You must live in Europe. The European Union imposed a volume cut on portable electronics that SanDisk was obliged to incorporate. You can get full volume in later firmware by choosing Rest of the World for your REGION  when you first install the firmware.

Ok Thanks for that

I had to re-upgrade the firmware version back to 01.02.31 as the earlier version I installed was commimmg up with “NO Songs!”

So I re-installed the 01.02.31 firmware and did see the seting for English this time  so I selected Rest-of-the-World now its all back again.

Yes Im in the Europe Region  (European Community) I live in the UK

Thanks  Again for your replay

Cheers

Terry

Mistake

I’m running Windows xp pro v. 2002 svp 3.

I have a Sansa Fuze 8GB v.01.01.11a. On the info section of the settings menu it indicates no songs on the player, but the player has a lot of music. In MSC mode in My Computer under properties tyhere are 82mb of music, but the music folder is empty. I’ve looked art the post about the firmware upgrade but it reads “revision” At any rate I downloaded the zip folder for the 01 revision. When I clicked on the folder I got a VLC video player icon. It seems there’des no firmware.

In MTYP mode the device does not show in MyComputer. In Device amnagfe it does show as a usb drive with a yello exclamation point. Following the inwstructions about this yeilded no results.

What shall I do?

Thanks

@robertrussell wrote:

_ In Device amnagfe it does show as a usb drive with a yello exclamation point _. Following the inwstructions about this yeilded no results.

What shall I do?

Thanks

I assume (even though I really shouldn’t) that you right-clicked on this and un-installed it (not disable). Re-boot your computer and plug the player in again.

I haven’t used my Fuze 8 GB V1 for several years. RockBox was touting greatly improved functionality, so I thought I would give it a try. Big mistake…it’s still a piece of garbage. Now I’m not able to restore my Fuze OS.  I had originally installed 01.02.31 shortly after it’s initial release.

I have meticiously followed the instructions in this sticky without problems up to the point of unplugging the Fuze to allow the firmware update…

Immediately before unplugging, the screen displayed " Bootloader USB Mode". After unplugging, “File not found” displayed immediately, then “plug USB cable” displayed, no further changes occurred.

Prior to updating the firmware, I used the RB utility to completely remove RB. The utility confirmed that no traces (RB files) remained on the Fuze.

I have tried a variety of workarounds to reinstall the Fuze OS, without success.  Any suggestions?

Thank you,

max

Although you removed the Rockbox firmware, the bootloader still resides there, trying to boot into Rockbox upon startup. To get rid of this, you have to boot into the Sansa mode by holding the REW button while powering up. (I believe this is the procedure; it’s been a long time since I used Rockbox).Then you can re-install the Sansa Firmware, which will wipe out the Rockbox bootloader.

Tapeworm,

Thank you so much. Worked like a charm!

I have a feeling that I will be sending you good vibes for a long time, as I enjoy my Fuze :smiley:

max

Good . . . I can use some! :smileyvery-happy:

Glad it worked for you!