Sansa Fuze Firmware Update 01.02.31 & 02.03.33

@rickyricardo28 wrote:

The wwvb will be ready in 3 Months. Sansa Fuze V1

Thanks, Albert

Proof?

EDIT: You posted the same rumor 3 months ago and didn’t provide any evidence then either, except for a suspect screenshot. Plus, you were told then that the Fuze doesn’t have the necessary hardware. So what’s changed? Did Sandisk magically update everyone’s hardware when we weren’t looking?

Message Edited by gwk1967 on 05-22-2010 07:50 PM

I doubt you can receive wwvb without a large (compared to the fuze) antenna specifically designed for it.  Trying to use the headphones as an antenna like for FM isn’t going to work for this.   

What is “the wwvb”?

slotmonsta wrote: 

Sansa Fuze Firmware 02.03.33 Release Notes

Bugs Fixed:

•  Device restarts/freezes after changing backlight to 10 sec

So that was actually a firmware problem as I suspected? Very nice, thanks for fixing it! :slight_smile:

I’ll update it straight away.

Message Edited by doccolinni on 2010-05-24 01:40 PM

Well, I just updated to 1.02.31 and noticed something–the update finds your previous USB Mode setting and keeps it. No more changing MSC (my preference) to Auto Detect with every update. A nice little fix.

On the subject of bugs, I was listening to my Fuze in the car a little while ago, through the little Griffin gadget. I was going to disconnect, so pressed pause, but it had no effect, the red “pause” icon appeared, but it just carried on playing. Anybody seen anything like that?

andyjor wrote:

I was hoping, that they could accomplish making use of the year tag too, since I think this is a very important piece of information - now I got to keep on putting the year in the album tag…

I’m kind of disappointed by the firmware - had hoped for more. The bugs that were fixed didn’t apply to me anyway or I didn’t care about them much. And the new sleep timer? Who needs it?

SanDisk Sansa Fuze v1 4gig + 4gig µSD paired with **Sennheiser CX300**in-ears | | | EQ: 5, 0, 1, 5, 10

The sleep timer is not new. It was introduced several firmwares ago…and I found it to be quite useful, as I often use one of my players running into a set of powered computer speakers on my nightstand.

Hello,

is there any cause why my new FuzeV2 refuses to flash any firmware other then 02.03.31/02.03.33?

It doesnt flash the older original firmwares nor the patched rockbox bootloader firmware.

I purchased this player for rockbox and now I cant get it on.

Do I have to return it or is there another possibility to make him flash an older/patched firmware?

BR Robert

I have found that I cannot get any audio from the Fuze’s USB when connected to my stereo via a dock (with aux cables connected to audio output of the dock).

I have the latest firmware (02.03.33) I have tried all USB modes, reformating, removing SD card, but nothing helps. I know the dock works because when I switch the player on or off it makes a slight popping sound in my speakers when connected to the dock.  But I just cannot get any music out of it! :frowning:

Strange. Sorry if I should have started a new thread, but I cannot see any facility to do this. :expressionless:

Message Edited by FLACtastic on 06-03-2010 10:22 PM

FLACtastic wrote:

I have found that I cannot get any audio from the Fuze’s USB when connected to my stereo via a dock (with aux cables connected to audio output of the dock).

I have the latest firmware (02.03.33) I have tried all USB modes, reformating, removing SD card, but nothing helps. I know the dock works because when I switch the player on or off it makes a slight popping sound in my speakers when connected to the dock.  But I just cannot get any music out of it! :frowning:

Strange. Sorry if I should have started a new thread, but I cannot see any facility to do this. :expressionless:

Message Edited by FLACtastic on 06-03-2010 10:22 PM

Are you using the OF or Rockbox? If I remember correctly, RB does not work through line-out.

Thanks for replying. :slight_smile:

No, I’m taking about the native Sansa Fuze 02.03.33 firmware. Yes, you’re right, Rockbox is known not to work through the USB line-out so I’m not using that. In fact, I did have Rockbox installed, so I even tried uninstalling it and re-formatting the Fuze in case the RB was interfering with the Sansa OS in some way - but it has made no difference.

FLACtastic wrote:

It’s called New Message and it’s located right under the Search box (upper left) on the front page.

What kind of dock is it?

FLACtastic wrote:

Thanks for replying. :slight_smile:

No, I’m taking about the native Sansa Fuze 02.03.33 firmware. Yes, you’re right, Rockbox is known not to work through the USB line-out so I’m not using that. In fact, I did have Rockbox installed, so I even tried uninstalling it and re-formatting the Fuze in case the RB was interfering with the Sansa OS in some way - but it has made no difference.

Well, I can’t help you then. When I had my Fuze, I never used a dock, and my Clips and Clip+ can’t use one, of course. Good luck though.:wink:

@tapeworm wrote:

@flactastic wrote:

It’s called New Message and it’s located right under the Search box (upper left) on the front page.

What kind of dock is it?

I do not have any “New Message” tab on my screen.  No idea why. :expressionless:

The dock is a Griffin.  I got it off ebay, and the seller said it was compatible with the Fuze. I’m just looking at the box now though, and it says compatible with c140, c150, c240, c250, e250, e260, e270, e280.

Sorry for missing this.  I think I have found the problem - I may have been mis-sold this product! :frowning:

Strange though, because it still charges fine and connects to my PC fine via the dock, so I’m not 100% convinced it is the wrong dock for the fuze…

Here is a link to the dock:

sansa dock

Message Edited by FLACtastic on 06-03-2010 11:20 PM

Message Edited by FLACtastic on 06-03-2010 11:21 PM

Message Edited by FLACtastic on 06-03-2010 11:22 PM

The E200 has the same connector as the Fuze, so it probably is compatible.

You really should contact Griffin, or see if there’s a user manual somewhere.

Or: http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=43068

New Message appears on the forum homepage. Not on individual threads like this one.

Message Edited by Black-Rectangle on 06-03-2010 07:10 PM

@black_rectangle wrote:

The E200 has the same connector as the Fuze, so it probably is compatible.

You really should contact Griffin, or see if there’s a user manual somewhere.

Or: http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=43068

New Message appears on the forum homepage. Not on individual threads like this one.

Message Edited by Black-Rectangle on 06-03-2010 07:10 PM

Thanks for that.  Yeah it came with a manual of sorts - a very very small one, but there’s nothing really to learn (it’s only a simple machine, you only need to connect and go!)

Thanks for tip about where the “New Message” tab is.  I have also moved this discussion to the link you suggested.

Much appreciated.

Tengo un sansa fuze su serial es bh0810bek-4gb con la version V01.02.31f y he perdido el volumen de fabrica al instalarle este firmware. Lo uso sobre todo porque en el autobus me mareo pero ahora escucho mas a la gente del autobus que al reproductor. Mi pregunta es ¿como puedo recuperar el volumen ? conservando las mejoras de este firmware las cuales si me han gustado--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have a sansa fuze is bh0810bek its serial-4GB with V01.02.31fy version I lost the volume of manufactures to install this firmware. You use mainly because the bus makes me dizzy, but now most people hear the bus that player. My question is how I can recover the volume? maintaining the improvements of this firmware which if I liked

Message Edited by jcostal on 06-16-2010 01:14 AM

Message Edited by jcostal on 06-16-2010 01:16 AM

jcostal wrote:
I have a sansa fuze is bh0810bek its serial-4GB with V01.02.31fy version I lost the volume of manufactures to install this firmware. You use mainly because the bus makes me dizzy, but now most people hear the bus that player. My question is how I can recover the volume? maintaining the improvements of this firmware which if I liked

See this post:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&message.id=38333#M38333

Got my Sansa Fuze today…so far I’m rather happy with it, though there are some things that made me facepalm…like the proprietary USB connector and the missing cover for the SD card slot

Sansa Fuze won because I want to use basic controls blindly. Its amazing how almost every other current player forces you to get the player out of the pocket, deactivate hold, change setting, activate hold…wow. And since I’m one of the few people who know how to use subdirectories, recursive playing of folders is also essential for me. It’s also really great that you’re maintaining the firmware. So here I come:

•   I don’t want to use those stupid mini-hold switches. That works well most of the time, but not when sitting with the player in the trousers etc. So how about adding a ‘Soft-Hold’ that is enabled after timeout and deactivates when turning the wheel about 1/3 around? That means the deactivated hold is easily recognized from thevolume, without interfering with playback too much. And you’re already on the volume control to readjust if needed.

• The TrekStor iBeat.organix has a setting for adjusting the speed of automatic text scrolling.  I find the current speed disturbingly slow, even though I’m not a fast reader. Or was that only intended as eye-candy, to show that you can do it? :slight_smile:

• And how about a “Disable ID3 DB” setting that ditches all those useless menu entries and scanning of files? Do you realize how many files you can get on this device if you’re listening to lots of low-bitrate podcasts? And these things have never any consistent ID3 tags, if at all…

• You probably already did all you can about battery life…but just to point it out: I’d happily trade in those stupid animations (or the ID3 DB) against a few minutes playing time. I was also told that the SD card reduces battery life a lot, even if not accessed…

Message Edited by lispler on 07-31-2010 03:06 PM

• I don’t want to use those stupid mini-hold switches. That works well most of the time, but not when sitting with the player in the trousers etc. So how about adding a ‘Soft-Hold’ that is enabled after timeout and deactivates when turning the wheel about 1/3 around? That means the deactivated hold is easily recognized from the volume, without interfering with playback too much. And you’re already on the volume control to readjust if needed.

Interesting idea.  I would like that actually, even though I don’t use the hold function often, even if it is in my pocket, mainly because I

don’t like the  extremely small hold switch.

• The TrekStor iBeat.organix has a setting for adjusting the speed of automatic text scrolling.  I find the current speed disturbingly slow, even though I’m not a fast reader. Or was that only intended as eye-candy, to show that you can do it? :slight_smile:

Many here have been trying to get Sandisk to make it scroll faster for a while now, but I guess that’s where Rockbox comes in.

Message Edited by saxmaster765 on 07-31-2010 08:22 PM