Sansa Fuze Firmware Update 01.02.26 & 02.02.26

Please keep all replies on topic regarding the current release of the Sansa Fuze Firmware.

Follow the instructions below to verify the hardware revision of your Fuze before proceeding. 

• Turn on your Fuze
• Select Settings from the main menu
• Select System Settings
• Select Info 
• Verify the Version #

Revision 1 = 1.XX.XX (example: 1.01.22)
Revision 2 = 2.XX.XX (example: 2.01.17)

If your Sansa Fuze is a Revision 1 please proceed to the Revision 1 download and installation instructions.

If your Sansa Fuze is a Revision 2 please proceed to the Revision 2 download and installation instructions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me start off by saying that majority of people will be able to update his/her firmware through the Sansa Firmware Updater. There is even a how-to video that explains the process. If for any reason the aforementioned steps do not work for you, then please feel free to continue by trying the more “computer savy” steps, described below.

SanDisk has just released the 01.02.26 and 02.02.26 firmware revisions for the Sansa Fuze. Download links and the release notes are available below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows Users can Connect the device in any Mode and follow the instructions below.

Mac and Linux users can connect their Fuze in MSC or Auto Detect mode and follow the instructions below.

MSC mode instructions:

• Turn on the Fuze
  • Navigate to “Settings” on the menu of the device itself 
  • Next select “System Settings”
  • Next, navigate to “USB Mode” and select “MSC”

Sansa Fuze Firmware 01.02.26 download and installation instructions

For Sansa Firmware Updater - Click here to download  
All Regions - Click here to download

All languages are now in one firmware version. After firmware update you will need to select your Language and Region preference.

• Ensure your battery is > 50% full.
• Extract the .zip file into a folder on your computer.
• Once extracted, drag the file to the root directory of your Sansa Fuze.
• Disconnect the Sansa Fuze and let it begin the firmware update.
• Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off.
• Turn the Fuze on Select your language and region preference
• Once its back to the main menu, head to “Settings” > “System Settings” > “Info”, and verify the “Version” is now 01.02.26"x".

Sansa Fuze Firmware 02.02.26 download and installation instructions

For Sansa Firmware Updater - Click here to download  
All Regions - Click here to download

All languages are now in one firmware version. After firmware update you will need to select your Language and Region preference.

• Ensure your battery is > 50% full.
• Extract the .zip file into a folder on your computer.
• Once extracted, drag the file to the root directory of your Sansa Fuze.
• Disconnect the Sansa Fuze and let it begin the firmware update.
• Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off.
• Turn the Fuze on Select your language and region preference
• Once its back to the main menu, head to “Settings” > “System Settings” > “Info”, and verify the “Version” is now 02.02.26"x".

Sansa Fuze Firmware 01.02.26 and 02.02.26
Release Notes

This firmware has several new feature updates as well as many key enhancements and bug fixes, as listed below. Upon completion of the firmware upgrade, the device will turn off.  Power on the device to complete the upgrade process.  If the device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 10 seconds to reset the device and then release and press again to restart.

New features:
• Supports slotRadio card playback through microSD slot
 Note:  slotRadio cards are available for purchase on slotradio.org starting April 28th

• Replay Gain feature added to provide volume normalization for music playback
 Note:  3 settings of Replay Gain available:  Off / Song (provide normalization throughout current playing song only) / Album (normalization for whole playing album).  Song volume can also be pre-gained at 1.5 dB intervals

• Folder Navigation feature added to conveniently locate songs stored and sorted by folders
 Note:  For MTP content navigation, go to Music > Folders and select MTP folder first

• Track Info is added to provide more details about current playing song

Enhancements:

• Song database supports up to 8000 songs (requires device format through settings menu for libraries larger than 4000 files)
• ID3 tags version 2.4 is now supported
• Improved “Preparing to scan for media” time during Rhapsody launch
• Improved enumeration time during Napster launch
• Embedded album art support is added for OGG and FLAC

Bugs Fixed:  
• OGG and FLAC deletion takes up to 2 min
• Volume jumps to max level between tracks
• Device hangs when switching from OGG playback to MP3 playback
• Device hangs at “Refreshing your media” state
• Shuffle doesn’t access beyond 2000 songs
• “Add to GoList” doesn’t work at Artist level if Rhapsody Channel is present
• FM scan stops at one station before the last one

Known Issues:
• Rating info is lost following database refresh on songs loaded in microSD
• Deleting video from microSD card doesn’t clear file from database
• Some language strings are still in English
• Refresh database progress bar doesn’t scale with time

Message Edited by sansamonsta on 04-10-2009 01:59 PM

Message Edited by microsansa on 08-03-2009 05:14 PM

Message Edited by slotmonsta on 10-09-2009 03:46 PM

Sansa Firmware Updater is not recognizing or offering the update. (Fuze 8gb v1.01.22)

First Post?

An immediate question, is disk number now supported in Ogg and FLAC?

Thanks for the new update though, it looks like it will be a significant improvement.

Robisan wrote:
Sansa Firmware Updater is not recognizing or offering the update. (Fuze 8gb v1.01.22)

Firmware will be available on the updater shortly. We wanted to make it available to our loyal forum members first :slight_smile:

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

Folder navigation!  The Fuze is out of beta!

@slotmonsta wrote:

@robisan wrote:

Firmware will be available on the updater shortly. We wanted to make it available to our loyal forum members first :slight_smile:

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

Thanks. And thanks for the great improvements!

slotmonsta-

Kudos!

Gapless playback?

I’m very thankful and all for the update, don’t get me wrong, but I fail to see what sansafix was talking about when he/she said that the next firmware update would make us forget about rockbox.

I think it’s the folder navigation, to the person above me.

@capo327 wrote:
I’m very thankful and all for the update, don’t get me wrong, but I fail to see what sansafix was talking about when he/she said that the next firmware update would make us forget about rockbox.

Early theories on this…folder navigation, replaygain, and track info.

Looks great!

@shenanagins1091 wrote:
Gapless playback?

Sansafix said a couple weeks ago that gapless wouldn’t make this update.

It seems that disc number is not yet recognised in Ogg.

But the upgrade went smoothly, and quickly. Now I just need to find out how to look at track info…

Thanks much, Fuze Brigade!

@fenrir wrote:

It seems that disc number is not yet recognised in Ogg.

But the upgrade went smoothly, and quickly. Now I just need to find out how to look at track info…

while the song is playing, Settings-> Music Options->scroll down :smiley:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@shenanagins1091 wrote:
Gapless playback?

Sansafix said a couple weeks ago that gapless wouldn’t make this update.

I don’t live and die by firmware updates (I greatly enjoy them, whether it be formy PS3, the Fuze, etc) so I wasn’t aware what would make it or what would not. However, this particular update doesn’t do much good for me. Folder navigation? Ok, I just search by artists I don’t see the problem with it. I can see people using it I suppose, the 8000 song thing seems important, too bad I won’t ever have that much.

OK, found the track info. :slight_smile:

And it seems that actually the disc number support is working in Ogg, but I had got things confused in my head.

If I find any anomalies I’ll report back.

So far then, looks like an excellent update.

Thanks guys! Now I need to experiment with this Replay Gain…never used any of these things before:wink:

Also, I don’t get the Replay Gain. Explain?