Sansa Fuze Firmware Update 01.02.26 & 02.02.26

Yeah, I just checked Amazon for 32 GB micro sd cards, and there’s not really much available.

I recently installed Rockbox on my Fuze and I can now listen to my 24-bit/96HKZ encoded music collection–it sounds awesome, the only problem is that even a 32 GB card can only hold about 25 albums or so of music. 

Sandisk (or someone else) really needs to start mass-producing those 64 GB cards, and come out with a new player can support them.

@bdproductions wrote:

On March 22, 2010: SanDisk announced (via pcmag) 32GB micro-SDHC would be available.

PC Mag’s announcement

On March 23 at least one website announced availability of the cards…

Brighthand.com 's take on 32GB microSDHC

Also, here on SanDisk’s board, it seems as if SanDisk itself started selling the 32GB microSDHC cards before these posts claiming nobody was selling them yet…  Only class 2, but that’s fast enough for what we want it for…

Oh, the link… SanDisk’s forum talk on 32GB micro-SDHC

And in January Samsung was already announcing the same capacity… Samsung Announces High-density NAND Flash and 32GB microSD cards for Mobile Devices

When any of them ACTUALLY shipped may be somewhat difficult to pinpoint though.

I’m still happy with the built in 8GB, including a decent music collection and a few videos for when I am waiting (dentist office/waiting to pickup people at the airport)

I can wait for prices to drop and class 4 or better speeds…

I will also be installing Rockbox on my V2 8GB Fuze before I try the new Sansa firmware.

After 2 months of no use of my player, I was happy to see how much battery charge remained… very impressive indeed.

It’s nice to see replaygain working again, though one would wonder why people refer to it as a new feature since it was already working fine in older firmwares.

Thanks to SanDisk and it’s representatives for providing the forum here.

Message Edited by databass on 06-14-2010 08:48 AM

Message Edited by databass on 06-14-2010 08:48 AM