Sansa Fuze Firmware Update 01.02.26 & 02.02.26

@tapeworm wrote:

@etoja wrote:

I’ve got a couple of questions to the developers of the OS for Sansa Fuze…

I wonder WHY on earth do I need the annoying and time-consuming REFRESHING DATABASE operation if I use ONLY radio and access files using ONLY folder browsing?  :dizzy_face:

Because the firmware is designed and written for millions of people using their devices in many, many different ways. They didn’t just write it with you in mind, you know.

And your 2nd question? . . .

:stuck_out_tongue:

You have just replied to my second question. The first one was why I need a database refresh if I use, for instance, ONLY RADIO on that player?   :smiley:

Actually both my questions are rhetorical ones. I am annoyed that there is no option to opt out of the database refresh. Among the “million of people using their devices in many, many different ways”  there should be some acquainted with computer folder structure. I disagree with this definition of Sansa OS - “million people using in many, many different ways” is more appropriate for RockBox. For me all this tag based database is just a nuisance - I use it for audiobooks.

As I said before in my postings the folder browsing is a strong selling point and it is not implemented properly in Fuze - which is a pity. I know some people who wouldn’t buy it just because of it.There is also a requirement to have a direct shortcut to folders from welcoming screen.

The recent lame introduction of folder browsing was a step in the right direction but is can’t be compared with the likes of Cowon.

Message Edited by Etoja on 10-09-2009 07:24 AM