Sansa Fuze Firmware Update 01.02.26 & 02.02.26

@marvin_martian wrote:

I just saw the white background disappear behind the volume bar when I adjusted the volume. The volume bar itself remained, and the Fuze continued to play just fine, and after a couple seconds the white background returned. A couple minutes later I could not duplicate this occurrence, but I know others have seen it, so I am confirming that I have seen it as well.

That said, I don’t adjust the volume on my Fuze nearly as often as most users because I almost always use an amp…so I don’t know how common this phenomenon may be for the rest of you. :wink:

That happened to me too… and many others. I can sometimes duplicate this by moving the volume up and down a couple of times. It dissapears and comes back. Could this be fixed in the next firmware upgrade?

It happens when the scrolling on the screen switches from one item to the next such as from the title to the album.  It is consistant.  Not a big deel as I had never noticed it until you guys mentioned it.

@saxmaster765 wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

I just saw the white background disappear behind the volume bar when I adjusted the volume. The volume bar itself remained, and the Fuze continued to play just fine, and after a couple seconds the white background returned. A couple minutes later I could not duplicate this occurrence, but I know others have seen it, so I am confirming that I have seen it as well.

That said, I don’t adjust the volume on my Fuze nearly as often as most users because I almost always use an amp…so I don’t know how common this phenomenon may be for the rest of you. :wink:

That happened to me too… and many others. I can sometimes duplicate this by moving the volume up and down a couple of times. It dissapears and comes back. Could this be fixed in the next firmware upgrade?

Im actually loking to downgrade for the  1.02.22   but im unable to find it?

someone see it somewhere ?

thankssss   :wink:

@fastflipper wrote:

I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m looking for it as well.

This isn’t an official site but it looks comprehensive. http://daniel.haxx.se/sansa/amsfw.html

The Fuze 1.1.22 firmware (not 1.2.22) is at the bottom of the page.

Message Edited by Reviewboy on 04-21-2009 12:32 PM

Message Edited by Reviewboy on 04-21-2009 12:33 PM

@reviewboy wrote:

@fastflipper wrote:

I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m looking for it as well.

This isn’t an official site but it looks comprehensive. http://daniel.haxx.se/sansa/amsfw.html

The Fuze 1.1.22 firmware (not 1.2.22) is at the bottom of the page.

Message Edited by Reviewboy on 04-21-2009 12:32 PM

Message Edited by Reviewboy on 04-21-2009 12:33 PM

Or you can also try this site http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=d7c679cb638ade9e1e3ec47b74b3693d&f=167.

This is a sticky for the Sansa Fuze fw 01.01.22.

Message Edited by fuze-shun on 04-21-2009 06:44 PM

Or you can try this site: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=167

Any chance of a text reader in the future upgrade? Sometimes in audiobooks or podcasts it is very important to have a quick preview about the audiopodcast. I guess it might be impllemented in the folders view.

Is the present Fuze chipset AMS AS3525  capable of handling text files or it is just an audio CPU?

Message Edited by Etoja on 04-21-2009 06:56 PM

@etoja wrote:
I wonder if there is a chance of introducing in the new upgrade a function “Skip to next/previous folder”?  This one is very important for listening to some mp3 audiobooks. Rockbox for Cowon has that feature for instance. I’ve been looking for a workaround in the Fuze, but failed to find anything similar.
Message Edited by Etoja on 04-20-2009 06:41 AM

I think I quote myself :smiley: I discovered that this feature exists in this version of firmware. It is implemented under the line above the multifolder view “Play All”

Thank you, that was very important to me! Happy.

@fastflipper wrote:

You could still download the previous firmware version 01.01.22 from the official site here.

(Edit: added quote)

Message Edited by ewelot on 04-22-2009 10:14 AM

@etoja wrote:

Any chance of a text reader in the future upgrade? Sometimes in audiobooks or podcasts it is very important to have a quick preview about the audiopodcast. I guess it might be impllemented in the folders view.

Is the present Fuze chipset AMS AS3525  capable of handling text files or it is just an audio CPU?

Just to give you an idea/workaround about handling (short) text files with the Fuze until it is implemented in a future firmware upgrade :wink::

I’am keeping a text file containing the FM station list, which might get lost on a device reset. To view it on the Fuze I convert the text in a sequence of images on my PC (Debian Linux) which I then copy into a dedicated folder under PHOTO. This is quite handy for other short notes too (address lists, etc.).

Cheers.

In the next update, would it be possible to show the year of the track/album in the track info?

@ewelot wrote:

@etoja wrote:

Just to give you an idea/workaround about handling (short) text files with the Fuze until it is implemented in a future firmware upgrade :wink::

I’am keeping a text file containing the FM station list, which might get lost on a device reset. To view it on the Fuze I convert the text in a sequence of images on my PC (Debian Linux) which I then copy into a dedicated folder under PHOTO. This is quite handy for other short notes too (address lists, etc.).

Cheers.

Ewelot, thanks for the idea, but it looks a very hard way. The short annotation to an audiobook or podcast wouldn’t be readable since it contains too much text and I think it wouldn’t be possible to see it on the Fuze screen.

I have an old cheep noname chinese mp3 player which can handle rather big text files with ease and its screen the same size as that of Fuze. 

Strange to see a leading player lacking that feature.

Can someone please tell me how many levels of folders are possible in Folder\File view? For example, is it possible to set up a U2 folder with 1980’s as a subfolder and the names of each of their albums as an additional subfolder?  Such a setup would have four levels of folders: Group-Decade-Album Name-Songs.  I currently don’t have a Fuze but am considering one after the latest firmware upgrade.

Message Edited by snowcrash on 04-22-2009 01:18 PM

cool thanks EWELOT  

working good !

i was not sure on how to do it   but all you have to do  is to click and drop in !

super !

Hey,

I don’t know if this will help, but try turning Chapter mode to off and see if it skips.

XC Fan

I already tried but it won’t work. The reason why I think that it’s a bug is because when I press the rewind button, it will skip to the next chapter. It also does it with my podcasts when it’s very long files.
Message Edited by Paul-Willy on 04-22-2009 06:08 PM

@paul_willy wrote:

1. And, finally, an alarm so we can wake up with our music on the morning if we have speakers plugged on the fuze.

I like that ide,please ADD!!!:smileyvery-happy:

@snowcrash wrote:

Can someone please tell me how many levels of folders are possible in Folder\File view? For example, is it possible to set up a U2 folder with 1980’s as a subfolder and the names of each of their albums as an additional subfolder?  Such a setup would have four levels of folders: Group-Decade-Album Name-Songs.  I currently don’t have a Fuze but am considering one after the latest firmware upgrade.

I just checked out with four and even five levels of directories. No problems at all. Both folder browsing and original tag based browsing are working fine. Note that I’am transferring files in MSC mode only.

You should get a Fuze now!

Hello. I want to tell about bugs I found. First is problem with track info. When I’m in audio books settings, I can turn the Track Info of last

song, even if it’s not playing. 

Also some text is not translated to Polish. It’s: Folders - Foldery; Internal Memory - Wbudowana pamięć; External uSD Card - Karta pamięci. 

I dont’t know if anyone mentioned about this. It’s pretty annoying. When I delete any video from Fuze, the music stops :|. It’s a little thing, but relly annoying. 

And thanks for the update :wink:

PS: Sorry for my english.  

PS2: I don’t know why, but when i’m pressing “ENTER” it’s jumping up, not down ;/. It’s hard to write anything here ;/ 

That’s great news!  Previously, my options for folder viewing was pretty limited.  The Samsungs, for example allow for folders but no subfolders.  I was going to get a Sony Walkman because it can handle folders up to eight levels.  With Foder\File view now available, the Fuze is a much better option because of the external memory capability. 

@ewelot wrote:

@snowcrash wrote:

I just checked out with four and even five levels of directories. No problems at all. Both folder browsing and original tag based browsing are working fine. Note that I’am transferring files in MSC mode only.

You should get a Fuze now!

That’s great news!  Previously, my options for folder viewing were pretty limited.  The Samsungs, for example allow for folders but no subfolders.  I was going to get a Sony Walkman because it can handle folders up to eight levels.  With Folder\File view now available, the Fuze is a much better choice because of the external memory capability.