Sansa Fuze Firmware Update 01.02.26 & 02.02.26

Hi,

I’ve been checking these forums since I’ve bought my fuze (8gb black with 4gb SDHC) in dec 08, but after this firmware update I felt the need to post, 'cause I really love my player and I think it’s great sandisk supports their customers with those firmeware updates, unfortunately though I think the last update wasn’t really an improvement

Since I’ve performed the update I’ve been having some really, really annoying issues with my player and I’ll definitely revert to v.1.22 until at least the big things are fixed

the three biggest issues for me are

1. when playing a video file - with or without pausing it - turning off the player it hangs on power on

the video then is wrongly handled as a music file, meaning the player shows the picture the video had on pressing pause or the moment I turned the player off as album cover and the interface is like I’d be playing an mp3

also the main menu has ‘lost’ all icons and almost every action results in a freeze after the 15seconds power button restart the player starts and does a database update (which shouldn’t be needed since there were no changes made by me)

1. when playing songs in a playlist with shuffle and repeat all it takes between 5 and 10 seconds for song changes (either manually or when one song ends for the next to automatically start)

2. the fuze occasionally freezes when playing songs for a while and then unlocking it, either with the white screen or simply with the last screen before deactivating the key lock

Edited to add:

I’ve now downgraded to 1.1.22 again and all of the above described bugs disappeared, videos work after a restart, switching songs only takes 1 second and the player hasn’t frozen on me so far
Message Edited by c250Fuze on 04-17-2009 03:20 PM