Sansa Fuze Firmware Update 01.02.26 & 02.02.26

Thanks sahm !

I downgraded to 1.1.22 and it’s working fine again. I still have the fuze hanging 1-3mn after adding music, but I prefer beeing in this situation.

I’ll test the next firmware.

Tim

Anyone seen something like this?  I was listing to a song in which the title was scrolling (artist/album weren’t) while fiddling with the volume…when all of a sudden a small white and tan line appeared in the middle of the album art.  It was kinda funny cuz it was the “Warren Zevon” album “Excitable Boy” (track was “Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner”) and the white/tan line was perfectly positioned by his mouth, and looked like a filtered cigarette (of course it was in his mouth the wrong way).  Pushing the center dial to display the larger thumbnail then return to the smaller one made it go away, but it returned a couple times later…perhaps Zevon’s ghost is jonzing for a cig?

Same thing happened (though not as cool looking) when playing a track where all three lines (artist/album/track) scrolled.  This time it wasn’t just a white or white/gray line over the thumbnail, but a line freckled with several colors (could be the fact that the album image has more detail than “Excitable Boy”…this time it was the first “Robbie Robertson” self-titled album, playing the track “American Roulette”.  The glitch line appeared both on top of the album thumbnail once, and another time it was above it (buy below the “Music” bar at the top).  Again, I was fiddling with the volume as the player scolled thru all three lines of text one at a time, when it shifts to the next line to scroll it appears (and the white area around the volume bar disappears).  Minor “refresh” problem with the display, but should be easy for QA to duplicate.

After a few days of using the 1.26 FW I am considering reverting to 1.22. The main issues I saw were these

1-after deleting a video from the menu, which was instantaneous, it still showed up in the list but hung the fuze when selected

2-several times I got the white screen for no reason

3-generally hung a few times and after removing the micro-sd card it refused to power on until i did a soft-reset

On the up side I love replay-gain and folder browsing and the other features in the latest FW.

Nothing personal to the developers, but IMHO the latest is slightly unstable in the sense that it seems it can easily get into a state that confuses it or something similar which I believe leads to the hangs and the like.

I have a strange issue with deleting files too. 

When I delete a video, it “deletes” instantanly but the video remains there.

If I try to see the “deleted” video a black screen of death appears and I have to restart the fuze.

When I start the fuze, a “refreshing media” message appears and when I go to the video directory the “deleted” video becomes really deleted.

The videos are in a 8GB Sandisk microSD card.

I’m using V01.02.26F 

@vytman wrote:

I have a strange issue with deleting files too. 

When I delete a video, it “deletes” instantanly but the video remains there.

If I try to see the “deleted” video a black screen of death appears and I have to restart the fuze.

When I start the fuze, a “refreshing media” message appears and when I go to the video directory the “deleted” video becomes really deleted.

The videos are in a 8GB Sandisk microSD card.

I’m using V01.02.26F 

Known Issues:
• Deleting video from microSD card doesn’t clear file from database

yeah me too

since i upgraded mine

the tracklist is all messed up…  i got   3 packages of tracks (from numbers to Z)  and somes tracks dont even have a name  just a  weird caracther…

the player froze  like 10 times in 3 days

i got a 8g grey  sansa fuze

Hi,

I’ve been checking these forums since I’ve bought my fuze (8gb black with 4gb SDHC) in dec 08, but after this firmware update I felt the need to post, 'cause I really love my player and I think it’s great sandisk supports their customers with those firmeware updates, unfortunately though I think the last update wasn’t really an improvement

Since I’ve performed the update I’ve been having some really, really annoying issues with my player and I’ll definitely revert to v.1.22 until at least the big things are fixed

the three biggest issues for me are

1. when playing a video file - with or without pausing it - turning off the player it hangs on power on

the video then is wrongly handled as a music file, meaning the player shows the picture the video had on pressing pause or the moment I turned the player off as album cover and the interface is like I’d be playing an mp3

also the main menu has ‘lost’ all icons and almost every action results in a freeze after the 15seconds power button restart the player starts and does a database update (which shouldn’t be needed since there were no changes made by me)

1. when playing songs in a playlist with shuffle and repeat all it takes between 5 and 10 seconds for song changes (either manually or when one song ends for the next to automatically start)

2. the fuze occasionally freezes when playing songs for a while and then unlocking it, either with the white screen or simply with the last screen before deactivating the key lock

Edited to add:

I’ve now downgraded to 1.1.22 again and all of the above described bugs disappeared, videos work after a restart, switching songs only takes 1 second and the player hasn’t frozen on me so far
Message Edited by c250Fuze on 04-17-2009 03:20 PM

although this is an improvement with folder navagation and Replay gain those stuff are useless if you think about it do you really need folder navagation fix the stuff that really needs fixing like video and audio i would like to see gapless playback cause i play basketball and i use my music to practice before going and play(i am 17)give the people what they really need

@delonh24 wrote:
although this is an improvement with folder navagation and Replay gain those stuff are useless if you think about it do you really need folder navagation fix the stuff that really needs fixing like video and audio i would like to see gapless playback cause i play basketball and i use my music to practice before going and play(i am 17)give the people what they really need

What the people “need”?  What are you talking about?

What people NEED from the Fuze is for it to play music.  Which it does.  It does its basic functions just fine.  The rest is just really extra features and a matter of personal preferences.  Needs fixing like video and audio?  What needs fixing?

Did you not see all the topics created by people who wanted folder navigation?  Pretty sure that was in high demand and something that the majority of people wanted (or should I say needed?)…   

Gapless playback?  Cause you play basketball?  And because you’re 17?  Well that makes sense!  SanDisk!  Give this person gapless playback right away!  He can’t use his music to practice without it!  

Give the people what they really need?  Or give you want you want? 

I apologize, let me put all this in one paragraph without any periods so you may better understand: 

What the people need what are you talking about what people NEED from the Fuze is for it to play music which it does it does its basic functions just fine the rest is just really extra features and a matter of personal preferences needs fixing like video and audio what needs fixing did you not see all the topics created by people who wanted folder navigation pretty sure that was in high demand and something that the majority of people wanted (or should I say needed) gapless playback cause you play basketball and because you’re 17 well that makes sense SanDisk give this person gapless playback right away he can’t use his music to practice without it give the people what they really need or give you want you want 

Message Edited by Corilof on 04-17-2009 05:11 PM

Corilof,

I really expected better from a “Sansa Senior User”.  I am very disappointed at your attack on him.  Although I don’t agree either with what he said, this is not a place to verbally attack people over differences in opinions.  That last paragraph was definitely uncalled for.  I’m sorry if this strikes a nerve, but I really thought it necessary to tell you what I think.  Maybe you should take a look at the Forum Rules and Guidelines.

RULES AND GUIDELINES:

“Personal attacks will not be tolerated.
There are to be no racial, ethnic, gender based discriminatory
comments. We expect members to agree or disagree in a civil manner.”

As for audio and video problems, I expect he is talking about such things as hanging on OGG files and the pain that it can be to get video onto the player, due to SMC.

Please be respectful.

Good Day

I was trying to get my point across that when I speak for everyone people are having trouble with the audio formats there using and people have videos they would like to show but smc is annoying you digital dummy can’t see that. You just wait for the opportunity to call someone stupid or embarrassed them. This is a forum every person has a right to say what they feel and no one can stop me. I know there rule and guidelines to follow be people think there so smart with a keyboard typing a whole bunch of ■■■■ to make your self look smart but I make you look week your probably thinking who is this guy well let tell you I am

Delon A Holmes Born in Guyana,GeorgeTown South America. And I Don’t take ■■■■ From Nobody so check ya self before you reck your self

Message Edited by delonh24 on 04-17-2009 06:04 PM

XCFan, pardon me for having some fun.  I didn’t mean any harm in my post.  I was simply expressing my views towards his comments.

A general post like his with absolutely no specific information on what problems he is referring to and his personal opinions of what is “needed” while calling out newer features not “needed” is not constructive or useful.  

I’m all for new ideas and suggestions to make the Sansa Fuze a better player, but I didn’t see anything good coming from that post.  I also wanted to point out how painful it is to read his posts due to the lack of structure or periods, so I imitated his style to make my point.  It’s just my sense of humor, I did not intend to offend anyone or attack him.

Also note that it isn’t that I don’t agree with what he said.  I would also enjoy to have gapless playback, and any other audio or video issues with the Fuze fixed.  The pure lack of information, the poorly expressed opinions and additional useless information influenced the way I wrote that response.

Also note that the status, “Sansa Senior User”, is also due to my post count and does not reflect on anything.  There are some users who post nothing useful to these forums and have fairly high post counts.  The user title does not necessarily indicate anything. 

I am disappointed at your attack on me.  Your condescending tone and “better than you” attitude kind of hurts me to be honest. 

Man up you attack me first.fling a stone I am coming at you with a bolder

Corilof, XCFan, anf Delonh, We all need to take a step back on occasion, and realize that everybody has their own thoughts and opinions. No one is right or wrong in that sense. What is wrong is to attack those opinions. Everybody here needs to move on. Delonh gapless is important to many while others value the players video capabilies, but what you must realize is that Folder nav was a deal breaker for many people so it was implemented. Corilof, your sense of humor is fine when people know you and when they can tell your being sarcastic. No matter if you agree or disagree with Delonh is irrelevant because he felt you attacked him. To both of you delaring something is useless as a blanket statement is a big mistake. Something I had to learn and still work on is makeing sure that when I make statements like that I say that its my opinion. Try that. XCFan, It is not your job (nor is it mine or anybody other than admins or mods) to call someone out and point out the rules as you did. It is far better to point out your side on the issue and ask that it be respected. 

Guys I post this because little spats like this turn into flame wars and drag the whole forum down. It is in places like this where people say things they shouldnt and get banned. Nobody wants that.

So everybody log out and take a break. (I do this a lot when people frustrate me on here)

Respect Conversionbox i hear what your saying i respect all if you don’t like my views who cares let it go

@delonh24 wrote:
Respect Conversionbox i hear what your saying i respect all if you don’t like my views who cares let it go

Just because people disagree with you is no reason to start arguements.

@conversionbox wrote:

Corilof, XCFan, anf Delonh, We all need to take a step back on occasion, and realize that everybody has their own thoughts and opinions. No one is right or wrong in that sense. What is wrong is to attack those opinions. Everybody here needs to move on. Delonh gapless is important to many while others value the players video capabilies, but what you must realize is that Folder nav was a deal breaker for many people so it was implemented. Corilof, your sense of humor is fine when people know you and when they can tell your being sarcastic. No matter if you agree or disagree with Delonh is irrelevant because he felt you attacked him. To both of you delaring something is useless as a blanket statement is a big mistake. Something I had to learn and still work on is makeing sure that when I make statements like that I say that its my opinion. Try that. XCFan, It is not your job (nor is it mine or anybody other than admins or mods) to call someone out and point out the rules as you did. It is far better to point out your side on the issue and ask that it be respected. 

Guys I post this because little spats like this turn into flame wars and drag the whole forum down. It is in places like this where people say things they shouldnt and get banned. Nobody wants that.

So everybody log out and take a break. (I do this a lot when people frustrate me on here)

CB is exactly correct.  It is easy to get caught up in a text war, as I’m guilty of that in the past as well.

From this point on, I’m not going to be too concerned if people agree with my point of view or not.  Stepping back, logging off and maybe indulging in a glass of wine before posting may be the best approach…

Ok guys, let’s keep this thread on topic, as plenty of functions have been modified with the new version, and it’s best to keep the discussion related to user questions and findings.

P.S. (edit) On that thought, I have a monster 3 liter bottle of red I’m tempted to sample… a 21 year old Cabernet.

µsansa

Message Edited by microsansa on 04-17-2009 09:49 PM

P.S. (edit) On that thought, I have a monster 3 liter bottle of red I’m tempted to sample… a 21 year old Cabernet.

µsansa

Hrmm…  Wonder if that might explain a few of the “features” in the latest firmware update…  >;^} 

Bob ^,^