Sansa Fuze Firmware Update 01.02.26 & 02.02.26

I did manual (linux user) FW upgrade following your instructions.

The process go well until FUZE shut down itself.

Now it is not possible tu turn it on, no response to reset command (power on slid hold up for 10 sec) , no response when connected to PC.

What can I do now?

I just changed my FUZE yesterday taking it back to the shopper for another blocking problem… 

Giallowfuze, you are not the only person having this problem.  If you do get it to turn back on, I would immediately connect it and downgrade the firmware.  This usually seems to fix the problem.  Let’s hope Sandisk comes out with a firmware soon that does not cause this problem. :neutral_face:

Hmmm…I wonder if this issue is limited to the 2.v Fuze? I have the 1.v and have zero issues like this with it.

The folder option is a fantastic but it isn’t working as I expected. I listen to Podcasts. I’m using MSC mode and it’s V1.

How can I get the files to be played via the folder option in the same order as I have dropped them into the Podcast folder? I’d like it to play the first file pasted into the podcast folder followed by the next file dropped etc. What order are they played in? How is this determined?

As for the way the Fuze originally worked, this now seems to have changed. Previously I have had to use MP3Tag to sort every file in the playing order I require, give every podcast the same Album name (podcast) and genre (podcast) and then set the track numbers going 01,02,03 etc. They get save into the Podcast folder. I was looking forward to the folder view removing this onerous task, but that, as you can see above, hasn’t been achieved with this upgrade (so far?). Now, when I follow the same procedure, the Fuze doesn’t play them in the track order any more.I haven’t yet figured out exactly what order, but I’m guessing it’s similar to what the others are experiencing. Track 09/15 is playing on the Fuze at position 08/15. Huh? Track 03/15 is playing in position 11/15. Huh???

Any suggestions as to what’s going on there? Thanks.

I only registered to post here because I wanted to say a big thank you for the new firmware update!! :smiley:

I got the Sanza Fuze a few months ago and love it… the only thing I was really really wishing it had was the folder browsing.

The update went smoothly and it’s now totally perfect to my husband and I. Everyone I know will be getting a Sanza Fuze for their birthday…lol

Thanks again!!!

BadCam: I don’t use podcasts but everything else in folder browsing, music and books, are all showing up in the right track order for me. They’re numbered 01, 02, etc. Most were already numbered but i even numbered some of them right inside the folders in the player. I’m using v2 in msc mode.

Hi folks;

I used to have a Sansa Fuze, but turned it in when I found that the Fuze would refresh the entire contents of the expansion card when any media data in the player’s memory (NOT on the expansion card) was modified.

Has this been fixed?

Thanks in advance.

@promisedplanet wrote:

Hi folks;

I used to have a Sansa Fuze, but turned it in when I found that the Fuze would refresh the entire contents of the expansion card when any media data in the player’s memory (NOT on the expansion card) was modified.

Has this been fixed?

Thanks in advance.

With the newest firmware, it still would refresh all, but it does refresh faster than it used to.

So it still re-reads the contents of the expansion card even if it’s only the internal memory’s contents that have changed, not the expansion card?

If so, the bug still exists, and that’s a show-stopper for me.

It may refresh faster, but if I have a 16GB microSD card in there full of MP3s, and it re-reads the whole thing … that’s going to take a long time.

@promisedplanet wrote:

So it still re-reads the contents of the expansion card even if it’s only the internal memory’s contents that have changed, not the expansion card?

It may refresh faster, but if I have a 16GB microSD card in there full of MP3s, and it re-reads the whole thing … that’s going to take a long time.

I would not call something a bug simply because it does not do something you think it should (instead of what it is capable of doing).

If it’s a “show stopper” for you, then by all means feel free to purchase some other device more suited to your needs. Sounds to me like what you really want/need is a hard disk based device rather than a flash memory based device.

@miltst wrote:

@promisedplanet wrote:

I would not call something a bug simply because it does not do something you think it should (instead of what it is capable of doing).

If it’s a “show stopper” for you, then by all means feel free to purchase some other device more suited to your needs. Sounds to me like what you really want/need is a hard disk based device rather than a flash memory based device.

Yes, perhaps its because of the way the integration software (integrating internal and card contents) was built, that it always needs to reread everything upon changes.  Oher players might not need to do that, because they have the necessary data for card and internal stored separately somewhere, and can do an internal integration from that data.  Still better than no integration (see Creative Zen and X-fi).

@miltst wrote:

@promisedplanet wrote:

Well, given that Sandisk called it a bug, I think it’s realistic for me to call it a bug, too:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&message.id=23823#M23823

"

It will be fixed in a future firmware update.  Ill check this on my Fuze with a 8 GB SanDisk uSD card, filling it up with alot of songs.

Message Edited by sansafix on 03-28-2008 10:36 AM"

Thre’s simply no reason for an MP3 player to re-read the contents of the expansion card because the internal memory’s contents have changed.  Why you think this has something to do with the fact that the Fuze is a “flash memory based device,” I have no idea.

PromisedPlanet,

I see what you are referring to.  I agree, a “global” database refresh is not necessary if the µSD / µSDHC card has not been changed.  The Sansa currently can either build a new database file or append the existing one, so the change in priority would be nice.

Note that the Sansa knows if the µSD card has been swapped out, even when the power is off, causing a database refresh on boot-up.  For those who happen across this message, I must restate that it’s best to swap µSD expansion cards only when the device is powered off.

I believe you’re right, the change may be on the list of enhancements.  Obviously, the current release had a lot of things on the plate as it is.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Hi Bob;

Well, Sandisk (via SansaGuru) said, in March '08, “It wont be in the upcoming release,  but the following one.  It will take a month.”.  It’s been a while since I’ve frequented these forums, so I’ll need to see whether there has been more than one firmware upgrade since 3/08.

:wink:

I understand that other people (including me) have stated this, but I just noticed that my audiobooks count shows “five”.  In fact, I probably have hundreds of chapters.  (Ok, I have “Adventures in Odyssey” with 3 tracks to an episode…).  I had it showing 0, but now it changed for no apparent reason.  Has anyone found a workaround?  Will this be fixed with a quickly patched firmware release? P.S.  They are all in the “AUDIOBOOKS” folder AND are tagged “Audiobook”.

Thanks!

Message Edited by XCFan on 04-11-2009 07:18 PM

Thanks a lot for the firmware update!:smileyvery-happy: I will try it out later when I have time.

@promisedplanet wrote:

My4GB Fuze with 8GB card refreshed after a complete format and reloading in less than 3 minutes. :wink:

Is it just me, or is the new frmware just a little glitchy? I was adjusting the volume, and That little white bar that shows the time elapsed, and the volume, etc., just dissapeared and came back when it switched back to the time elapsed bar. And it kind of did this a few more times, and I’ve never seen this happen before. Does this happen to any one else?

@saxmaster765 wrote:
Is it just me, or is the new frmware just a little glitchy? I was adjusting the volume, and That little white bar that shows the time elapsed, and the volume, etc., just dissapeared and came back when it switched back to the time elapsed bar. And it kind of did this a few more times, and I’ve never seen this happen before. Does this happen to any one else?

Nope! :smiley:

Ok. I think someone wrote that somewhere else, but I’m not sure. Oh, and a stupid question. Has the “Track Info” button under music options always been there?

Message Edited by saxmaster765 on 04-11-2009 08:11 PM

@saxmaster765 wrote:
Ok. I think someone wrote that somewhere else, but I’m not sure. Oh, and a stupid question. Has the “Track Info” button under music options always been there?
Message Edited by saxmaster765 on 04-11-2009 08:11 PM

Track Info is new, and cool. Check it out while you have music playing, if you haven’t yet.