Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: Sansa Fuze Firmware Update

I noticed that too.  Bravo!

Thanks to the info in this thread, I've moved my Fuze to MSC mode for good.  Buh-bye MTP.

SanDisk Professor

@miltst wrote:

@sahm wrote:

I am having the same problem as Dalaug234... Audio/pod etc are in the music files. And yes, they are tagged as correctly using wmp. That is how I got them to show up in podcast and audiobook before the upgrade.

I also am having intermittent times when the player is hard to turn back on and takes trying several things several times before it comes back on and then when it does come on it refreshed database.

I just wanted to let others know I am also having some of these problems.

But, did you put the files in the Audiobook and Podcast folders (where the should be)? As I mentioned in another reply to this problem, if you put the files anywhere else outside of those folders they will show up in your music list also.

On mine they are under the audiobook and podcast selection if I choose Music and then choose that selection, Audiobook or Podcast.

If I go to the Folders at the very bottom, choose Internal or External then look at the individual folders the same selections are under Music. 

Folders

Internal memory

Play All

[]MTP

[]MUSIC

[]RECORD

External uSD Card

Play All

[]MUSIC

that's all that shows up.  So my podcast played while I was listening to -Music, -Play All (shuffle on).

SanDisk User

@parsonsm wrote:

Well it's looking like a Ogg Vorbis tagging incompatibility with the new firmware.

I have a similar setup to you.  My process is to "rip" vinyl and reel-to-reel tapes to .WAV, use FlacDrop convert to .FLAC, use MP3Tag to add tags, then use oggDropXPd to convert to .OGG.  The .FLACs are archived and played on the PC and the .OGGs are transferred and played on the Fuze.  So far, I haven't had any problems with "badly tagged" .OGG files at all.

Note that I exclusively use MSC mode, and I reformatted the internal drive and just erased the external SDHC card after installing the new firmware before loading my music.  I don't know if that has anything to do with my success or not...

----
Sansa Fuze 2 GB + 8 GB micro card

I did manual (linux user) FW upgrade following your instructions.

The process go well until FUZE shut down itself.

Now it is not possible tu turn it on, no response to reset command (power on slid hold up for 10 sec) , no response when connected to PC.

What can I do now?

I just changed my FUZE yesterday taking it back to the shopper for another blocking problem... 

Giallowfuze, you are not the only person having this problem.  If you do get it to turn back on, I would immediately connect it and downgrade the firmware.  This usually seems to fix the problem.  Let's hope Sandisk comes out with a firmware soon that does not cause this problem. Smiley Indifferent
SanDisk Senior User

Hmmm...I wonder if this issue is limited to the 2.v Fuze? I have the 1.v and have zero issues like this with it.
SanDisk User

The folder option is a fantastic but it isn't working as I expected. I listen to Podcasts. I'm using MSC mode and it's V1.

How can I get the files to be played via the folder option in the same order as I have dropped them into the Podcast folder? I'd like it to play the first file pasted into the podcast folder followed by the next file dropped etc. What order are they played in? How is this determined?

As for the way the Fuze originally worked, this now seems to have changed. Previously I have had to use MP3Tag to sort every file in the playing order I require, give every podcast the same Album name (podcast) and genre (podcast) and then set the track numbers going 01,02,03 etc. They get save into the Podcast folder. I was looking forward to the folder view removing this onerous task, but that, as you can see above, hasn't been achieved with this upgrade (so far?). Now, when I follow the same procedure, the Fuze doesn't play them in the track order any more.I haven't yet figured out exactly what order, but I'm guessing it's similar to what the others are experiencing. Track 09/15 is playing on the Fuze at position 08/15. Huh? Track 03/15 is playing in position 11/15. Huh???

Any suggestions as to what's going on there? Thanks.

I only registered to post here because I wanted to say a big thank you for the new firmware update!! Smiley Happy
I got the Sanza Fuze a few months ago and love it... the only thing I was really really wishing it had was the folder browsing.
The update went smoothly and it's now totally perfect to my husband and I. Everyone I know will be getting a Sanza Fuze for their birthday...lol
Thanks again!!!!
BadCam: I don't use podcasts but everything else in folder browsing, music and books, are all showing up in the right track order for me. They're numbered 01, 02, etc. Most were already numbered but i even numbered some of them right inside the folders in the player. I'm using v2 in msc mode.
SanDisk Guru

Hi folks;

I used to have a Sansa Fuze, but turned it in when I found that the Fuze would refresh the entire contents of the expansion card when any media data in the player's memory (NOT on the expansion card) was modified.

Has this been fixed?

Thanks in advance.

SanDisk Guru

@PromisedPlanet wrote:

Hi folks;

I used to have a Sansa Fuze, but turned it in when I found that the Fuze would refresh the entire contents of the expansion card when any media data in the player's memory (NOT on the expansion card) was modified.

Has this been fixed?

Thanks in advance.

With the newest firmware, it still would refresh all, but it does refresh faster than it used to.

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520