Sansa Fuze Firmware Update 01.02.26 & 02.02.26

@mngrif wrote:

I made an account just for this post :slight_smile:

First off, I want to thank everyone at Sansa for staying in touch with the community like you are. You don’t see this kind of love from many companies, and we all deeply appreciate it!

What I’m working with: A 4GB Fuze v1 + 2GB SanDisk uSD (and Koss Plugs, for those interested) 

Now, on to the bad. After installing the update the “Refreshing Your Media” stalled for a solid 10 minutes. Normally this doesn’t take more than a minute for me, so I decided to be patient. After it didn’t go, I shut off the Fuze and removed the card. After a much faster Refresh it didn’t hang and did it’s usual “yay new firmware!” bit. I made sure it still worked as-advertised (which it does), and tried putting the uSD back in. Same problem. A full 10 minutes later I shut it off and I’m currently backing the card up so I can format it and reload it (FAT32 is a nasty filesystem…). *edit before posting:* I just did that and it’s doing the same thing again. It’s hanging at about 90%, so I removed the bottom 10% (alphabetically) from the uSD and it refreshed the media just fine. When I have some time I’ll add songs back one at a time to find the culprit and I’ll let you know if there’s anything weird about it (probably just a corrupted header).

Now for the really bad… Pressing and holding “next” while listening to a song in Folder mode (YAAAY!!!) does not fast forward! It changes songs, and keeps changing them as long as you have it held down.  I’m absolutely positive this isn’t the intended action because in every other view it fast forwards, which is why I’m bringing it up. Since I mostly listen to hour+ long DJ mixes, this pretty much makes the folder view useless :frowning:

Again, many thanks to Sansa for being involved, and many thanks to the community for helping each other out. I’ve been lurking on these forums since I got my Fuze and every question I’ve had has been answered without me needing to ask it. You rock! 

Good catch on the fast forward thing (Just tried it myslef and yup it just skips). As for the corruption, try switching to msc mode loading the songs back on the player, and then running the chkdsk utility, that may help.