SanDisk Guru

Re: Sansa Fuze Firmware Update

The new firmware includes clock changes to fix the pitch error FYI.

Is this reformat needed for MSC mode?

--

Brian
SanDisk User

@sansafix wrote:
The new firmware includes clock changes to fix the pitch error FYI.

Thanks a bunch. Your great support is appreciated!

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: Sansa Fuze Firmware Update 1.02.26

One thing I noticed on my 8Gb Sansa on the upgrade: I didn't format the device first, and after the update I had two Music folders, one empty. (MTP mode)

The existing folder was called "unknown" in the folder view, and a number of the folders had been renamed to alphanumeric strings.

When I moved the folders to the blank Music folder (still not formatting), the folder names returned without having to do anything special.

I'm going to format my wife's device (red 4Gb) before performing the update and will compare experiences.

Folder View simplifies access to "various artists" compilations, and the filename view lets me see my track numbers easily and in the proper order. (e.g. "1.02. Happy Trails - Van Halen.mp3"), giving me much quicker access to what I want.

REQUEST: In the Music menu, my three most-used options (folders, audiobooks, podcasts) are at the bottom.  Some of the menus let you scroll from the bottom straight to the top; if I could scroll counter-clockwise from the top of the Music menu, I'd be able to get to my options much more quickly.

SanDisk Guru

Re: Sansa Fuze Firmware Update 1.02.26

Because inserting an external card refreshes the MTP database regardless of the mode setting its advisable to reformat the internal storage to resize the database to accomodate large external cards in EITHER MTP or MSC modes.

The smaller MTP database MAY accomodate more than 4000 songs,  but it will not accomodate up to 8000 songs.

Sorry for the confusion.

Replaygain, Track Info, Folder Navigation: Brutal!! Smiley Very Happy

@sahm wrote:

I just added the new firmware and I am still checking out all the features. The first thing  I noticed was that when you go to settings and information, The number of songs are listed, but the number of podcast, audiobook, and pictures are zero. The files are still available on my fuze.

Message Edited by sahm on 04-09-2009 09:41 AM

I have some pictures and audiobooks, and all the values are also zero, except "Songs".

Anyone else?

Just to check Track Info functionality, are these all the items that may appear:
Page1- Filename; Artist; Album; Genre; Year; Duration; Size;

Page2- CODEC; Track Gain; Album Gain; Bit Rate; Sample Rate; Track number; Disc number. ?

Trying to add items to GoList in Folder Navigation using Press and Hold doesn't work. Is this normal behavior?

SanDisk Guru

Yes.  Press and hold in Folder navigation mode is not implemented for various reasons. 
SanDisk User

Stupid question.I have an 8gb Fuze, all my music is on a 8 gb card.Do I need to remove the card first then reformat the device,then slide card back in?
8GB Black Fuze 8GB sdhc
,BSE, PK3s
SanDisk Fanatic

@eardrum wrote:

Replaygain, Track Info, Folder Navigation: Brutal!! Smiley Very Happy

@sahm wrote:

I just added the new firmware and I am still checking out all the features. The first thing  I noticed was that when you go to settings and information, The number of songs are listed, but the number of podcast, audiobook, and pictures are zero. The files are still available on my fuze.

Message Edited by sahm on 04-09-2009 09:41 AM

I have some pictures and audiobooks, and all the values are also zero, except "Songs".

Anyone else?

At first (until I read about this problem) I did not have any photos on my Fuze, and when I looked in System Info it _did_ show the correct number of podcast and audiobook files on my Fuze. I copied back the backup file folders of the original photos that came on it (I had made a backup copy of those on my computer right after I a got it).

After I put the photo files back on the Fuze, and after it refreshed the database, all 3 of the items (podcasts, audiobooks, and photos) all then showed zero files in System Info.

I then went back and deleted the photo files/folders that I had added above, and after it refreshed in System Info it reverted back to showing the correct number of podcast and audiobook files in System Info.

There does's seem to be something messed up with this part of the new firmeware!!!

SanDisk Guru

The white indicator bar disappears for a second or two when the volume is adjusted.  It doesn't happen all the time, but frequently.  The songs play just fine, and I tried it with different settings -- replay gain on/off, repeat on/off, shuffle on/off, all three off and all three on.  Also, when it's on pause.  It still happens for each setting.