Sansa Fuze Firmware Update 01.02.26 & 02.02.26

I noticed in the release notes that “ID3 tags version 3.2.4 is now supported”.

I’m assuming the author meant ID3 version 2.4 (typo?).

More importantly, does this mean we can change our MP3Tag options to “ID3 v2.4 UTF-8” without problems?

Folder navigating, a very nice feature!:smiley:

Thanks for update!  It seems to have solved my two major issues with the player: resuming large mp3 files sometimes fails, and an inability to play very large files.  I listen to a lot of audiobooks and like to manage them as one (very) large mp3 file.

I just tried a 1GB audio book - 45 hours long.  I seeked out to 41 hours and change and made the player resume a few dozen times.  Worked perfectly!

Thanks!  This is GREAT!

Hello,

@7o9 wrote:

If you however want to use the ‘large database’ (8000 entries) you are going to have to format the device (after making a backup of its contents). 

I am not shure if I understood entry #73 of this thread the same way as you did. And which one of us is right :wink:

As I understand MTP there is a database behind this protocol which stores the multimedia content in a large (database) file on the Fuze. This database is changed to make 8000 songs storable. The older versions where only able to store 4000 songs and the new firmware is compatible to this database. But if you do not switch to the newer database format you’re stuck with the maximum of 4000 songs. If you want to use the maximum of 8000 songs you have to reinitialise the Fuze to make it using the newer database format.

But (!) if anyone uses MSC this should be no point. The Fuze should be able to play up to 8000 songs without any reformatting because it rewrites the database for this mode any time you change the songlist - and this database only stores a list of songs stored in the file system of the Fuze and where they start on the medium. This database is a completley other database than the MTP database.

This is just how _I_ understand it.

Ciao banty

Message Edited by banty on 04-09-2009 02:27 PM

well, I still got 01.01.15, could find release notes only for 01.01.22 and current 0.2.26 - have there been any other releases in between?

just would like to know if there were even more things changed - regards 

Tapeworm wrote::

extremecarver wrote:

Time to get one of those rare 32GB microSD cards now so that I can more or less move my whole media collection over…

Don’t dig out that credit card just yet. 32GB micro-SDHC cards are not available. 16GB is the largest.

Officially not, but there are samples out by the manufacturers for the deleopers already. So if you now some guys in the business you can well get one by now (just don’t believe in the 32GB card on ebay…)

Thank you Sansa. The deciding factor in me getting this player was the fact that you support them so well and actually listen to your customers.

I would also like to add how wonderfully simple this update was to install. I normally HATE those little bubbles that popup by the clock in MS Windows… but when I plugged in my Fuze today and saw a little bubble popup and say “There’s a new update for your Fuze! Click here!” I was very excited! hahaha 2 Clicks and it was updated. Nice!

Thanks particularly for TRACK INFO.

Message Edited by Peregrine on 04-09-2009 09:51 AM

@woodyear99

I just want to let you know that the screen turns itself off automatically at a period of time.  It won’t affect screenlife, and will help you avoid burn-in. 

I have noticed that with the Folder Navigation, with long album names for the folders, they appear with a string of numbers before them for example,

The Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian Soundtrack

and

A Child’s Celebration of Rock ‘n’ Roll 

Sweet, thanks for the f/w update :smiley:

The firmware update and support for 8000 tracks is much appreciated. I’ll install it tonight when I get home. Should I reformat then install the udpate, update then reformat, or doesn’t it matter?

Update, start your Fuze, then select Format on the device.  This should do the trick.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@neutron_bob wrote:

Update, start your Fuze, then select Format on the device.  This should do the trick.

That’s the only way to get the 8000 track availability? I was under the impression, perhaps in error, that you only had to format if you used MTP mode. It doesn’t matter for me, I can’t even fit 3,000 on my Fuze, but I want to be sure I’m understanding it properly. 

@marvin_martian wrote:

@neutron_bob wrote:

That’s the only way to get the 8000 track availability? I was under the impression, perhaps in error, that you only had to format if you used MTP mode. It doesn’t matter for me, I can’t even fit 3,000 on my Fuze, but I want to be sure I’m understanding it properly. 

That’s how I understood it as well, Marvin…

I found a little error in the new firmware:

When you go to settings -> audiobook options, there is a menu item “track info” which makes no sense there.

(perhaps someone has noticed it before - I didn´t read the whole thread)

Like the update. thanks for supporting the device this way!

Question.  The folders, which is fine, shows all my podcasts or audiobooks on my card as music.  They were taggedaas Podcasts or Audiobook.  When I was on ‘play all’ it played one of those.  Yes they do show up under Podcasts and Aundiobooks.  But also as “music”.  Same with the Audiobooks.  If I want to just listen to music and not near my player I won’t have the opportunity go to the next “song”.  I don’t have another card with me to see if it’s just this card.  I did shut the player off, take the card out, turn the player on, shut it off, put the card in and it’s the same.

@pfh wrote:
In case anyone else gets tripped up: when I first inserted my slotRadio card, I couldn’t figure out how to make it work. There should be a big red slotRadio icon between Music and Videos; I’m not sure if it I just missed it, but I didn’t see it until after I turned the player off-and-on while the card was inserted.

Where did you get the slotRadio card?  I thought they were not available for purchase yet?

I just added the new firmware and I am still checking out all the features. The first thing  I noticed was that when you go to settings and information, The number of songs are listed, but the number of podcast, audiobook, and pictures are zero. The files are still available on my fuze.

Just a thought.

Also, I’m sure this is an easy answer, but thought I would ask anyway.

I see where the folders, folder was added.

I Currently add files using MTP and windows Media player.  If I wanted to  use the folder feature, Do I have to change to MSC, or can I just drag and drop and still be in MTP?

Thank you

I also noticed as stated above that the folders-folder has the audiobook, and podcast under the music for both internal and external cards. 

Message Edited by sahm on 04-09-2009 09:41 AM

Thanks for the update!

sahm wrote: 

I see where the folders, folder was added.

I Currently add files using MTP and windows Media player.  If I wanted to  use the folder feature, Do I have to change to MSC, or can I just drag and drop and still be in MTP?

Message Edited by sahm on 04-09-2009 09:41 AM

no need to switch to MSC all you will need to do is go to folders select MTP then music and you will see all your music folders.