Sansa Fuze Firmware Update 01.02.26 & 02.02.26

@drlucky wrote:

@rainbreak wrote:

I’ve registered just to share my (somewhat) frustrating experience with the new firmware.  I was excited at first, but after I loaded the firmware on my (V1, 8GB Silver) fuze, I was shocked to find that my fuze refused to turn on after the update, which apparently went well.  I found that the only way to get my fuze to turn back on again was to do a reset (holding the power switch up for about 15 seconds).  This works inconsistently, and I have to try more than once for it to work.  No amount of ‘regular’ turning on (just flicking the switch up for a short while) will get it to turn on until I’ve done the reset.

<ETC>

Message Edited by Rainbreak on 04-08-2009 05:48 PM

I would try resetting the device to factory settings then hold the power switch up for about 10 sec to reset the fuze, then try reloading the firmware. if you are still having issues you will want to format the fuze and reload the firmware and then the files.i would use the format option in the fuze settings menu. this will most likely resolve the issues you are having.  

I followed the suggested steps of resetting to factory settings, reset, and reload the firmware for a third time.  No change.  So I formatted using the onboard option.  After turning the fuze off after this, absolutely nothing changed, except that it took longer than ever to get it to turn back on again. :angry:

I then plugged it back into my computer and formatted it again from there.  I turned the fuze off, and then back on without problems, no delays or anything.  I did it again just to make sure, and this time the fuze got stuck on the end of the little Sansa logo startup animation.  Had to do a reset to get it off, and now the problem is back again. :cry:

Once again, this did not happen until a couple of hours ago after upgrading the firmware (which I am very greatful for, and comes with some really nice features :smiley:). I’ve had several months of completely problem-free and contented use.

Edit: I’m going to go sleep soon, so I’ll leave the fuze out overnight just in case its only a temporary problem.

Message Edited by Rainbreak on 04-08-2009 08:15 PM